Comtessa's Cage not granting Solitary (passive)

timitos

Question

8 answers to this question

Just wanted to add my 2 cents on this.

The wrong description got removed but Solitary is still not working. My character still gets paralyzed as usual.

That aside, it's still unclear what exactly does Solitary do. What does 25% of Damage Range guaruanteed mean? If it's a passive when does it activate? When does the 3 second duration start? Why does it have an aura range if it's affects only the wearer?  It's just confusing.

I think it means that when you(or any friendlies)  are within the Aura Range but further away from each other than the Area of Effect then you get the bonuses for the given AoE duration.  It is a confusing item description but given the passive name solitary I believe that makes the most sense.

Damage range i assume has to do with the minimum damage you can do thanks to Damage Resistance.  So this might take it from 20% to 45%, however I have not tested it because it didn't seem like a useful item.

It works however the effect activates only during combat - just make sure there are no allies near you. The damage range of all weapons is 50% (max dmg is 150% of min dmg) and with Solitary it becomes  25% (basically your min damage is increased by 25%)

Thank you Kaylon, but I think there's more to that.

Check these out:

5T3LPtq.jpg

ktBqi31.jpg

xwVolVE.jpg

----------------------------------------------

Apparently the first time it activates it doesn't work at all. The second time it activates it increases both Min and Max damage by 20% (and it's based off of base damage+might+weapon quality), not 25 as it should. It's either that or it takes just base damage+weapon quality as a base and adds 25%. Either way it shouldn't be like that.

Edited by Ronin@

All item, ability, spell, and talent descriptions need to be reviewed and checked to ensure they make sense. I don't know who wrote these but so many things in this game are unclear and require much personal testing and google searching just to figure out.

I did further testing a little while ago and, while the general idea was correct, the effect is smaller.

If your weapon does 40-60dmg then its range is considered 60-40=20 and comtessa's gage buff will add 25% of that to your minimum weapon damage - ie your new damage range will become 45-60dmg.