PoE 3.0: Restore old main menu background/title screen?

ShadowOwl

Question

Hey,

I just stared a new game in Pillars of Eternity 3.0. Of course I have noticed that there is a new title screen. Sadly the animation that plays whenever you start a new game doesn't fit with it at all with the new background.

Can we please have an option to use the pre-3.0 title screen again?

Best,

ShadowOwl

• Like 2

13 answers to this question

Ok, I've found a location of this new mainmenu graphic. It's in sharedassets12.assets file and it's called "mainMenu_bg_PX2.png". Sadly there is an animation as well on main menu (snowflakes, steam etc) which I don't know how to get rid of.

post-131927-0-26765300-1527181250.jpg

That's all I can do for now.

EDIT:

Ok, I did it. KOTOR style :)

post-131927-0-45690300-1527181359.jpg

Instructions:

1. Open resources.assets with Unity Assets Bundle Extractor.

2. Find those textures:

mainMenu_bg_PX2 - image background from White March

fx_blobs01 - snow flakes

fx_smoke_plume_burst_02 - smoke which looks weird without snowy background (you need to edit some texture settings with it as well, mine looks like this:)

post-131927-0-89497700-1527181405.jpg

3. replace those textures with some transparent one.

4. Save files, and replace original ones.

You can also replace background image to PoE1 Background if you like.

Enjoy

post-131927-0-26765300-1527181250_thumb.jpg

post-131927-0-45690300-1527181359_thumb.jpg

post-131927-0-89497700-1527181405_thumb.jpg

Edited by peters86
  • Like 1

Bring the old main menu screen pls!! After all, I will not belive that it is something difficult to do, yet it would make a huge difference for me and many other players. So if you care about you fans as you claim to do, please make it posible for us. :D

I actually went as far as to remove the White March DLC's just so I could have the old screen back LOL....

Instead of doing that though, it just removed a bunch of my saves....so I re-installed, naturally. 

I also searched nexus for an alternative main menu mod. Don't know why I care so much, but..well, I think I do know why. The cover kinda isn't as 'pretty' and as immersive as it used to be... 

Edited by Tanjaxxx
  • Like 1

That's too bad because this new title screen does not suite the original game at all. It would suite the White March Expansion, but not the original game.

If the purpose of imposing this menu was to entice people to buy the expansion then it backfired (with me at least).

The original menu and overall presentation of the game was one of the main I was interested in playing it, but now that this bland snowy field is the first thing I see when I start the game, I have lost interest in playing it.

Which means I probably wont finish the game and therefore wont want to purchase the expansion. Great marketing!

• Like 3

That's too bad because this new title screen does not suite the original game at all. It would suite the White March Expansion, but not the original game.

If the purpose of imposing this menu was to entice people to buy the expansion then it backfired (with me at least).

The original menu and overall presentation of the game was one of the main I was interested in playing it, but now that this bland snowy field is the first thing I see when I start the game, I have lost interest in playing it.

Which means I probably wont finish the game and therefore wont want to purchase the expansion. Great marketing!

I won't buy PoE 2 if I can't find a way to restore the original title screen either

edit: also i am un-recommending it in steam

Edited by migelo