19 M

15 C

11 D

12 P

14 I

13 R

Granted, as a Barb, she could do with less resolve and more int/con. Still, there are companions with far worse stats (looking at you aloth and devil). Her story quest gives 2 dex.

Maneha is devoted to Ondra, and as such receives tokens from people with memories they wish to forget. Her personality is a bit happy-go-lucky, and she has a much lighter voice than you'd expect from a 300 pound girl :p

She starts with Barbaric Shout.

• Like 1

That's a higher total than any other joinable NPC...!

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Holy crap, can't wait to get her. Barbarians are awesome.

"Those who look upon gods then say, without even knowing their names, 'He is Fire. She is Dance. He is Destruction. She is Love.' So, to reply to your statement, they do not call themselves gods. Everyone else does, though, everyone who beholds them."
"So they play that on their fascist banjos, eh?"
"You choose the wrong adjective."
"You've already used up all the others.”

Lord of Light

BTW without too many spoilers for WM2 does anyone know how soon you can recruit her? Can you get her before you clear The keep or is it effectively only after you complete WM1?

"Those who look upon gods then say, without even knowing their names, 'He is Fire. She is Dance. He is Destruction. She is Love.' So, to reply to your statement, they do not call themselves gods. Everyone else does, though, everyone who beholds them."

Lord of Light

IIRC they said it would be pretty early in the expansion, so I guess when you get in Stalwart the first time.

• Like 1

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

IIRC they said it would be pretty early in the expansion, so I guess when you get in Stalwart the first time.

That would be great. Gotta have a barbarian in my party.

Lord of Light

BTW without too many spoilers for WM2 does anyone know how soon you can recruit her? Can you get her before you clear The keep or is it effectively only after you complete WM1?

As soon as you get to Stalwart for WM1, after driving off the ogres, she'll be waiting near the temple.

I started with a play through that had been to Stalwart to pick up Zahua but hadn't done anything else in TWM I and she was standing around in Stalwart when I went there after having installed part II. So it would seem that she'll be there when you go there the first time if have part II installed.

Well given her average Dex and perception I think it makes sense to make her into a damager rather than interupter.

By taking lots of Athletics you can spare a point off Savage defiance since her second wind will be very good and get that frenzy and still keep barbaric yell.

Also to get her up to speed defensively without Savage defiance I personally invest a talent point in veterans recovery which was nicely buffed.

So by level 6 I have barbaric blow, weapon focus adventurer (can be soldier), and veterans recovery. From here on I would take talents and abilities to boost her offense - maybe two handed style / greater frenzy, apprentice sneak attack etc. With estocs no need for vulnerable attack.

Mmm she works rather nicely with tall grass, like all barbarians.... But barbaric yell is really irritating, wish I could get rid of it. The ai insists on using it all the time.

Lord of Light

So far the best setup I had for her is light armor (wayfarer hide) vengeful defeat glass dps build with ring of wonder and a paladin in the party with reviving exertion. Weapon slot 1: bleak fang + azureith stiletto weapon slot 2: tidefall. You do your burst damage with the stilettos with barbaric blow and heart of fury and switch to tidefall to clean up. Dying doesn't matter as you do more damage that way anyways.

19 M

15 C

11 D

12 P

14 I

13 R

Granted, as a Barb, she could do with less resolve and more int/con. Still, there are companions with far worse stats (looking at you aloth and devil). Her story quest gives 2 dex.

Maneha is devoted to Ondra, and as such receives tokens from people with memories they wish to forget. Her personality is a bit happy-go-lucky, and she has a much lighter voice than you'd expect from a 300 pound girl :p

She starts with Barbaric Shout.

Actually, these stats are wrong for Maneha, when she first joins your party.

They are (copied directly from the game):

18 MGT

15 CON

9 DEX

12 PER

13 INT

11 RES

Well given her average Dex and perception I think it makes sense to make her into a damager rather than interupter.

By taking lots of Athletics you can spare a point off Savage defiance since her second wind will be very good and get that frenzy and still keep barbaric yell.

Also to get her up to speed defensively without Savage defiance I personally invest a talent point in veterans recovery which was nicely buffed.

So by level 6 I have barbaric blow, weapon focus adventurer (can be soldier), and veterans recovery. From here on I would take talents and abilities to boost her offense - maybe two handed style / greater frenzy, apprentice sneak attack etc. With estocs no need for vulnerable attack.

If you have afflicted a whole bunch of enemies, can a barbarian using apprentice sneak attack get it to trigger on all of the afflicted enemies his carnage hits?  Damn, that would be a significant upgrade in damage (+15%), if you could proc sneak attack on multiple targets with a carnage attack!

If the enemy who's hit by carnage qualifies for a sneak attack than your 15% bonus gets applied. So an AoE affliction like Phantom Foes or Painful Interdiction is great for a barb with Appr. Sneak Attack.

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods