Can't start Pillars of Eternity after patch

AdmiralHandsome

Question

Yesterday I saw that the patch had been released and saw steam downloading the patch.
When the patch was done I decided to start the game.
For a few seconds, a white window opened that said Pillars of Eternity and then the whole computer froze. I restarted the computer and tried it again. Same result.
I verified the game cache, same result.
Today I decided to re-install the whole game to see if that fixes the issue.
I clicked play, the white window came up again. And then it froze.

I can't get any dxdiag from what I know but I have a speccy screenshot of my computer specs.

post-160760-0-45931900-1455734693_thumb.png

13 answers to this question

I've been trying some fixes people that had Win10 had, like running the game from the directory, running in compability mode and starting steam and/or just the program as admin. None of the things work.
I saw that my output log file has more text than the one I posted earlier though.
This is after a clean install and several tries to start the game.

output_log.txt

Just got and installed. Starts up and can start a New Game, however it has crashed 3 times in a row when it gets to the loading screen with tips. Not sure what issue is and pretty sure that computer should be able to handle the game. Purchased and downloaded from GOG.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

output_log.txt

output_log.txt

output_log.txt

DxDiag.txt

Edited by Mgrancey

Hello Mgrancey,

Welcome to the forums! I appears that your graphics card is out of date. Update your graphics card to the latest drivers and see if that resolves your issue. If it doesn't, you may have a bad install. Please uninstall the game, download a fresh 3.02 installers and install the game. 

Hope the helps! Thanks a bunch!