How do you get the Morningstar that steals all the spells, as it sounds very entertaining.

You get that morningstar (Acuan Giamas) from a dead body, laying in a pool by the Crag in Mowrghek Ien. So kinda late-gamish..

By the way, I think Deathbows do work on spells.

Sounds like a build, I guess.

Deathblows definitely do work with scrolls. So they must work with regular (stolen) spells too. As they just add +1.0 damage coefficient to the damage you do (without checking if it should be melee or ranged only). Edited by MaxQuest
  • Like 1

So Rogue are by far the best scroll/items users. Dirty fighting and deep wounds also apply to spell by the way and their starting accuracy is among the highest.

Surely "someone" can create a build from this idea.

Mmm missile barrage +penetrating shots, ryona's, team support and +100% damages...

Edited by Elric Galad
  • Like 1

I was working on it. Rogue Mage! :) All fitting items with Spellbinds, scrolls, potions, Deep Wounds (with pierce/slash/crush AoE spells), Dangerous Implements + Golden Gaze (Curoc's Brand and Taltuain's(?) Staff for the Fireballs), Piercing Shot, Ryona's Vembraces, Aspirant's Mark, Prestidigitator's Missiles and finally that spell stealing Morning Star. Once you have that Shadow Step totally makes sense: teleport to a mage, hit him to steal spells - teleport back and start casting like crazy. Also Escape and Coordinated Positioning are nice with this. Golden Gaze is also funny with those special attacks: first projektile hits and causes affliction - second one hits even harder with sneak and stuff.

Implements with affliction on crit also work nicely.

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Didn't try. You will have to be within 2m. With this char I'm more ranged than in close combat most of the time. Could do that during the day I guess.

I saw that backstab doesn't work with the special attacks. So maybe it doesn't work with the missile spells.

I wish I could test it myself.

Unfortunately I can play only about 1 day out of 4, that's why I asking a lot of stuff to other players. Sorry for the unconvenience.

By the way, this is not 100% related but I noticed Devil of Caroc got +1 Mig and +1 Con in 3.02 (patch notes say she got +2 attributes point, but not which one).

Which special attacks ? Blinding strike & Cie ?

Edited by Elric Galad

Yep. Might be a bug. It works with Finishing Blow (combat log shows it), but results in absurd low damage numbers. I did a Finishing Blow with Killer's Work and Devastating Blow on the Doemenel boss when he was at 25% endurance. Combat log said Sneak, Deathblows and Backstab and hit (not crit) - and did... 11(!) damage. :lol:

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 1

I'm so tired of reporting bugs. There's so many of them. And every time they release a patch which does more than fixing they introduce like a hundred more bugs.

I like the design, story, writing and rules of POE - but the software engineering part seems to be horribly done.

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 2

I reported a problem almost a year ago - no answer no nothing, the problem is still active - that didnt make me post more about bugs etc... i reported a few things since i started playing again. However... i report only a little, not everything - i could report one bug (or thing that isnt how it should be) for every session i play (if i look closely)

And dont talk about balancing etc... that one is a real joke for me - my main class is strong (chanter) however about 90% of the abilities are utter garbage - its even worse than the barb, since you can HAVE more abilities but the spot they get USED in is limited - its a real trap - has anyone - ever - used the skeletton summon and it was better than anything else he could have done with that 3 stacks?

The Items they created for WM1/2 are amazing - i tried the one with escape on it... my character was stuck in trying to use escape after that, i never used it again... please, Please, PLEASE! Obsidian created an amazing game... but the sheer amount of bugs... i wouldnt mind paying more if they simply reduced the bugs to a level where i can a) at release not: stop playing wizard in gilded vale because i have no grimoire anymore b) stop playing druid because the game doesnt tell me how spiritshift works, its talking about another version of it (and it still doesnt tell you how long the remaining duration is in fights) c) have to play the tutorial 5 times with ranger because my animal companion had a name that triggered something like "combat start (*no name*)" and after killing the tutorial enemies i was stuck and didnt get into the ruins... until i create my 4th ranger and tried a different name for my animal companion (realised the *no name* for the first time just before that)...  d) and after that the ranger got stuck in raedrics castle since the game crashed everytime i tried to change the venue :D

That was my first day of pillars - thats not the start you want in a game... and if someone shows me that utter garbage **** release class (druid spiritshift with wrong informations) it shows how truly bad they are.

Now... how long ago was the game released? I still find 100% of the time (and easy to find) bugs - dragon chant doesnt get the benefit of X... it doesnt get easier than that, really. It doesnt even get the ACC+ survival grants (ok that one is new - but the old one: damage+ talents still dont apply).

So, your tired... i am too :(... sure, i havent played that many games compared to many friends i have, but pillars is the clear winner in terms of time spent in game per bug found... whats amazing, since i play almost only one class (chanter solo) and since WM2 was released i have played quite a bit but yesterday was my first time in wm2 areas :D

And i havent used most of the new items...