Magnificate, how did you get the attributes and skills to show up over the character's paper doll in the inventory?

Also, nice portrait.  Its' pretty close to the standard PoE style.  And I have a fondness for portraits where the character isn't wearing armor, whether they'll wearing normally or not.  To me, it makes the portraits more flexible for any class of character, since one can assume that every character will occasionally wear street clothes, but not all characters every put on what looks like the plate or breast plate armor that is seen in some portraits.

Oh, and I don't recognize the ring on the right.  What ring is it?

Edited by Crucis

I'll just use the console to level them up, most of the requirements are just tedious busywork. 

I was convinced there was a bug with Nightshroud as my Durance made easily over a hundred attacks with no procs. I was on the verge of consoling it when he got his first blindness proc. I later discovered that it counted the procs on friendly characters, so I sat in Caed Nua beating on Maneha and resting periodically until I got my 13 blindnesses.

Magnificate, how did you get the attributes and skills to show up over the character's paper doll in the inventory?

Also, nice portrait.  Its' pretty close to the standard PoE style.  And I have a fondness for portraits where the character isn't wearing armor, whether they'll wearing normally or not.  To me, it makes the portraits more flexible for any class of character, since one can assume that every character will occasionally wear street clothes, but not all characters every put on what looks like the plate or breast plate armor that is seen in some portraits.

I've added in attributes and skills in Photoshop, they can't actually be displayed like that in the game itself. You may notice that the font and color is not an exact match since I've got no idea what font is actully used on the in-game character sheet.

As far as I can tell the portait was originally meant for some Star Wars character, but you're right, since the lady on it is dressed casually it fits into Pillars of Eternity quite well.

The ring is the +4 Int Ring added in the last patch, it's called Gwyn's Band of Union.

I've added in attributes and skills in Photoshop, they can't actually be displayed like that in the game itself. You may notice that the font and color is not an exact match since I've got no idea what font is actully used on the in-game character sheet.

As far as I can tell the portrait was originally meant for some Star Wars character, but you're right, since the lady on it is dressed casually it fits into Pillars of Eternity quite well.

The ring is the +4 Int Ring added in the last patch, it's called Gwyn's Band of Union.

It's not only the style of clothes.  It's also the overall style of the portrait itself.  The background looks fairly similar to the backgrounds on many standard PoE portraits.  Arguably, the leather jacket the character's wearing may be a little too well made and styled for a fantasy setting, but that's a very minor point compared to the overall quality and in-game viability of the portrait.

As for the stats on top being photoshopped in, ok.  At least I know.  I have to say though that it would be useful to have the inventory screen display them like that.  But, oh well.

Also, I don't recognize that breast plate.  It could be Pallegina's but I don't think so. My best guess is that it's a plain ol' Exceptional Breastplate.  It creates a rather interesting look.  if I didn't know otherwise, I'd be tempted to say that the character was a Bleak Walker from the look of her.  She has a rather grim, utilitarian look to her.

As far as I can tell the portrait was originally meant for some Star Wars character, but you're right, since the lady on it is dressed casually it fits into Pillars of Eternity quite well.

It's not only the style of clothes.  It's also the overall style of the portrait itself.  The background looks fairly similar to the backgrounds on many standard PoE portraits.  Arguably, the leather jacket the character's wearing may be a little too well made and styled for a fantasy setting, but that's a very minor point compared to the overall quality and in-game viability of the portrait.

As for the stats on top being photoshopped in, ok.  At least I know.  I have to say though that it would be useful to have the inventory screen display them like that.  But, oh well.

Also, I don't recognize that breast plate.  It could be Pallegina's but I don't think so. My best guess is that it's a plain ol' Exceptional Breastplate.  It creates a rather interesting look.  if I didn't know otherwise, I'd be tempted to say that the character was a Bleak Walker from the look of her.  She has a rather grim, utilitarian look to her.

That's Blackwarden's Breast, it can be looted from the Iron Flail leader. It's not very good, but it does provide an aura of +15 accuracy vs. Beasts, which pretty much makes her the go-to person to organize dragon hunts or clear out massive spider infestations. I've even respecced her with Beast Slayer talent, added the Beast Slaying enchant to Tidefall and killed the Adra Dragon for the Scale-Breaker talent. It's not something I would normally do, but it fitted the big game hunter theme well.

Edited by Magnificate

+15 accuracy against beadt AURA ?? That a gamechanger as Dragons are beast !

Depends on whether it stacks with the Chanter chant but yeah, it's a big bonus. I have this faint memory that Boreal Dwarfs originally had +15 against beasts and wilder and it was later changed to wilder and primordials but I'm probably wrong about that (beasts makes more sense for a talent called Hunter's Instinct).

+15 accuracy against beast AURA ?? That a gamechanger as Dragons are beast !

The accuracy auto is a double-edged sword.  Sure, the accuracy bonus is great, but it also means that if you want to get any use from the aura, you can't spread your characters out to minimize the impact of dragon breath attacks and wing buffets.  That said, unlike in BG2 where dragons tended to be solitary creatures and you could spread out "safely" without having to worry about the beast having any allies, in PoE, dragon's always seem to have buddies which seem to make spreading your party out riskier.

Of course, if you can deliver some sort of "paralyzing" attack, whether it's actual paralysis or some other similar effect, you effectively turn off the dragon's attacks, and you're free to get on with the slaying. 

That's Blackwarden's Breast, it can be looted from the Iron Flail leader. It's not very good, but it does provide an aura of +15 accuracy vs. Beasts, which pretty much makes her the go-to person to organize dragon hunts or clear out massive spider infestations. I've even respecced her with Beast Slayer talent, added the Beast Slaying enchant to Tidefall and killed the Adra Dragon for the Scale-Breaker talent. It's not something I would normally do, but it fitted the big game hunter theme well.

I've always thought that a big game hunter would make for an interesting main character concept.  Such a character would want to have a weapon with the beast slaying effect, as well as take the beast slaying talent.  And like you point out, spiders are beasts, and there's no lack of spiders in this game to be hunted between dragon hunts.

Actually, I've also thought that an "undead hunter" would also make an interesting concept, though having vessels and spirits split into 2 different slaying groups makes it a bit more costly talent wise.  Probably better to just pick one, either spirits or vessels.  And it's certainly not like there isn't a lack of undead things that need attention in this game either.

Actually, I've also thought that an "undead hunter" would also make an interesting concept, though having vessels and spirits split into 2 different slaying groups makes it a bit more costly talent wise.  Probably better to just pick one, either spirits or vessels.  And it's certainly not like there isn't a lack of undead things that need attention in this game either.

A high level Paladin armed with St. Ydwen's Redeemer does this job well. His sword deals with vessels and he can take the new Abjuration ability to deal with spirits.

A high level Paladin armed with St. Ydwen's Redeemer does this job well. His sword deals with vessels and he can take the new Abjuration ability to deal with spirits.

Oh, I know all about the power of The Redeemer vs vessels.  Honestly, I think that it's OP, and IMO the weapon would be more balanced if the insta-kill effect was replaced with the normal +4 accuracy, +25% damage effect vs vessels.  Right now, a character wielding The Redeemer can make the game's final battle laughably easy, because The Judges are vessels.

Also, for what it's worth, there's this little ring, called IIRC, the Bartender's ring that gives the user +20% damage vs vessels and spirits, as well as +5 to will.  That's a nice little ring to have handy when you go undead hunting.

Or you could dual-wield Yenwood swords, which would net you +4 Con.

Oh, I know all about the power of The Redeemer vs vessels.  Honestly, I think that it's OP, and IMO the weapon would be more balanced if the insta-kill effect was replaced with the normal +4 accuracy, +25% damage effect vs vessels.  Right now, a character wielding The Redeemer can make the game's final battle laughably easy, because The Judges are vessels.

Also, for what it's worth, there's this little ring, called IIRC, the Bartender's ring that gives the user +20% damage vs vessels and spirits, as well as +5 to will.  That's a nice little ring to have handy when you go undead hunting.

That's true. I feel that it being a soulbound weapon its bonus should be higher, perhaps +8 accuracy and +30% damage, but I can agree that the destroy vessels proc is, perhaps, a little too powerful. Another solution would be to make the judges immune or make them not vessels (similarly for eyeless).

Yeah, the Bartender's Ring is great.

Or you could dual-wield Yenwood swords, which would net you +4 Con.

Also true. I think (though I'm not certain) the +2 con on Whispers of Yenwood is a new addition. I swear it didn't used to have it.

That said, I'd prefer to duplicate something other than WoY myself.

Another solution would be to make the judges immune or make them not vessels (similarly for eyeless).

Suffice to make them level 17, so the proc cannot destroy them.

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

I could be way off, but it seems to me that destroy vessel largely exists so that Pallegina doesn't have to switch to a weapon the does crush damage when fighting animats.

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

I could be way off, but it seems to me that destroy vessel largely exists so that Pallegina doesn't have to switch to a weapon the does crush damage when fighting animats.

Well, if you're thinking all the animats in the Endless Paths, the 2 times I've played parties with WM1/2 installed, I've had the EP done before heading into the WM, at least far enough to find The Redeemer.  But yes, if you got the Redeemer before getting deep enough into the EP to face all those animats, anyone wielding it would go thru them with ridiculous ease.

I too thought it was a good portrait so I tracked it down to here if you're interested: http://skyzocat.deviantart.com/art/Ethea-Commission-517835181

I too thought it was a good portrait so I tracked it down to here if you're interested: http://skyzocat.deviantart.com/art/Ethea-Commission-517835181

Thanks for the link.  And there are a number of other quite good pics there that are close or semi-close to the general PoE style.

Thanks for the link.  And there are a number of other quite good pics there that are close or semi-close to the general PoE style.

True. If Eothas had his own Godlike in the game, this would be an excellent portrait: http://skyzocat.deviantart.com/art/Diana-Scorn-of-the-moon-480402816.

True. If Eothas had his own Godlike in the game, this would be an excellent portrait: http://skyzocat.deviantart.com/art/Diana-Scorn-of-the-moon-480402816.

Actually, she seems more a rather pale Moon GL, right down to the symbol on he forehead.