Man, that shield sucks!

/trollface

• Like 1

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Actually it's great. :) Can't image what it does on a barb as soon as bash works with carnage. Aaand it looks good with Drawn in Spring - which is also nice for barbs. 

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Would accuracy pose a problem with the shield?  Doesn't enchanting just increase deflection, so it is basically like attacking with an non-enchanted weapon that doesn't even benefit from weapon focus talents.  Seems like a critical hit would be hard to come by when it is actually needed.

It seems like weapons with % chance would be best with barbarian.  I imagine that the firebug dagger is insane since it does crazy AOE damage when it actually goes off.  The problem with it is reliability, but that would be less of an issue with so many hits.

I don't know it's calculated, but the ACC of the bash attack is only a few points below that of my main weapon. Maybe it's the ACC of the main weapon minus 4 (because of medium shield)?

I don't know it's calculated, but the ACC of the bash attack is only a few points below that of my main weapon. Maybe it's the ACC of the main weapon minus 4 (because of medium shield)?

It seems shields have a hidden +7acc bonus. While I don't think Badgradr's Barricade will be very good on barbs (because of the low chance to proc), it might work well on rogues.

You have to buff and debuff of course. With Gauntlets of ACC, Weakened/Sickened and Brute Force my barb crits a lot. Not against Eyless, Dragons or Thaos of course, but against all those annoying mobs. So I imagine that a Thrust of Tattered Veils here and there might be good. I use that shield on my rogue atm and of course the "Thrust" happens pretty often. It works with Penetr. Shot by the way. And on a ranger with Driving Flight, too. :) 

• Like 1

You have to buff and debuff of course. With Gauntlets of ACC, Weakened/Sickened and Brute Force my barb crits a lot. Not against Eyless, Dragons or Thaos of course, but against all those annoying mobs. So I imagine that a Thrust of Tattered Veils here and there might be good. I use that shield on my rogue atm and of course the "Thrust" happens pretty often. It works with Penetr. Shot by the way. And on a ranger with Driving Flight, too. :)

It seems like a no brainer to increase the basic enchantment of that shield.  OTOH, when you increase the basic enchantment, you also reduce the chance that you'll take a critical hit and trigger the Tattered Veils enchantment. 

Also, the reflection enchantment wording is a little vague.  It says that 10% of ranged attacks are reflected.  It doesn't say that 10% of ranged attacks that HIT (graze, hit, and/or crit) are reflected.  Does this mean that it'll reflect even 10% of misses?

It seems like a no brainer to increase the basic enchantment of that shield.  OTOH, when you increase the basic enchantment, you also reduce the chance that you'll take a critical hit and trigger the Tattered Veils enchantment. 

Also, the reflection enchantment wording is a little vague.  It says that 10% of ranged attacks are reflected.  It doesn't say that 10% of ranged attacks that HIT (graze, hit, and/or crit) are reflected.  Does this mean that it'll reflect even 10% of misses?

The spell procs when you get a critical hit with shield bash, not when you get hit with a critical hit.

The spell procs when you get a critical hit with shield bash, not when you get hit with a critical hit.

Maybe it does and maybe it doesn't.  The language is very vague, IMO.

Its ability is called "Spell Striking" and goes off when you score a crit against an enemy. Compare with Sanguine Plate, whose description openly states "when hit by a Critical Hit" and whose ability is called "Spell Holding."

• Like 1

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Its ability is called "Spell Striking" and goes off when you score a crit against an enemy. Compare with Sanguine Plate, whose description openly states "when hit by a Critical Hit" and whose ability is called "Spell Holding."

That doesn't change the fact that it's too vague.

Btw dragon shield is the new god mode for barbs? Taste for the haunt multiple times every hit sounds like a great plan!

It's not placed in the game yet. OBS forgot it. But I think they said that this will be fixed with 3.02. Actually a developer in this thread said where to find it then. Have a look at the older posts.

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 1

I looked through the first 13 pages but am not seeing this anywhere, and cannot find it elsewhere either. To upgrade Twin Stings and Gyrd Háewanes Sténes, you need to do raw damage with them...how? What am I missing here? Twin Stings does a little bit, okay, but it's pretty meager, The other does none. How are you supposed to do this?

Gyrd Háewanes Sténes actually has a 20% raw damage lash. Just auto-attack with those weapons until the next level unlocks.

I just start the game, use the console to give me some nice items and level up to 16 and then I teleport to Thaos and that's it... ;)

Sounds a bit like 

Edited by Boeroer