Nothing looks better than Sanguine Plate and you know it tongue.png

I believe it also depends on the 'colorscheme' of the character himself.

Be the judge and tell which one is the better looking original.gif

DHT8MNq.png

- Tidebringer monk outfit

fw3KBs7.png

- Moon plate armor

poRkmtx.png

- Lost Meadow

WScSWkd.png

- Sanguine Plate

Btw the unmentioned in this thread yet, the Tidebringer outfit (px2_cloth_outfit_tidebringer) has some decent enchants:

P3pZU34.png

Edited by MaxQuest
  • Like 2

I still like Sanguine Plate better even if the color scheme on that character is less suited to it. That armor just looks good. :) but yeah, there's no accounting for personal taste.

Do the ondrite monks actually drop their blue/indigo outfits? Would be perfect for my Hulk Smash build.

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

I'm with you on the Sanguine Plate. My fave gear, and always goes on my main Char. Of course, I always run the horned devil Death god-like, so it matches him perfectly. Kinda a shame it's a bit hard to enchant properly with that survival. Choosing between +2 DR and +2 to a stat because of some silly +2 to survival makes me sad.

I love the +2 Survival on the Sanguine Plate, actually. Now that bonuses from Survival are so good, a boost is always welcome. Don't think I've ever given +2 to a stat with the plate; just packing DR like a buffalo ;)

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

With a +2 stat, you are limited to "exceptional", but I am fine with that. By the time you are able to get anything higher, the game is almost over and your endurance and defenses are so high that the DR doesn't really matter anymore.

The +2 survival is really nice, I agree. Makes it much easier to hit the "third tier" rest bonuses... It is really like 20 skill points at that point.

Edited by Braven

Wait, there's a 3rd Tier to the survival bonus? That would def change how I view +2 survival. As is, it only takes 78 points to get rank 12 where we get 90 in a game with not a whole lot else to dump points into. (Only one person needs mechanics, I find Stealth cheezy, Athletics is worthless, and Lore...well, Lore is very good.)

Makes survival a lot better then; be really hard to get 16 for (I assume) +20 acc without it. Of course, I played the game far more in 2.0 than I did have so far in 3.0, where the Survival was utterly useless.

I wouldn't say games almost over for Superb; comes from Adra dragon, whose normally on my hit list right before I go start all of White March. Could easily fight her earlier as well, and probably should actually be doing it before scaled Act 3. Still, only get two of those, so 4 guys have to do without. Hitting a 3rd tier of Survival is a nice consolation bonus to my silly Death-like.

Yup, Survival has a third tier, which makes the bonus from Sanguine Plate a boon. You can either make it Superb and stack DR like your life depended on it, or get +2 to an attribute 'cause you're gonna get +3 DR from Survival anyway :)

I wish Skill tier bonuses scaled exponentially (e.g. +1, +2, +4) instead of linearly, to make up for the exponential cost to reach them.

"Some ideas are so stupid that only an intellectual could believe them." -- attributed to George Orwell

I wish Skill tier bonuses scaled exponentially (e.g. +1, +2, +4) instead of linearly, to make up for the exponential cost to reach them.

I think the current system makes sense. It takes a lot less effort for someone to go from couch to 5k than it does from 5k to marathon, and even more effort to go from first marathon to running a sub 3 hour marathon etc.

Practising any skill has diminishing returns, requiring more effort to achieve less improvement. So the current system makes sense. You've got to weigh up whether the maximum benefit is worth the increased investment cost.

You can equip your team with +2 survival items just when you rest, no need to have it equiped all the time. 

Ah, didn't even think about that. Will have to make note of that, see if I can scrounge up 6 for the whole team. Sanguine Plate x2 and that Padded armor in the lighthouse are two easy ones at the start of act off the top of my head.

You can equip your team with +2 survival items just when you rest, no need to have it equiped all the time. 

Ah, didn't even think about that. Will have to make note of that, see if I can scrounge up 6 for the whole team. Sanguine Plate x2 and that Padded armor in the lighthouse are two easy ones at the start of act off the top of my head.

You can find multiple Rugged Wilderness Hats as random loot, no need to duplicate...

Duplicate? If you mean the Sanguine Plate, you get a 2nd one when your murder the backers again in the bar.

What do you mean? Ghosts or what? Never heard of that before... ?

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Yeah, I don't do it these days as I've made my peace with them, but back at launch just murdered the backers on sight, ghosts among them. I haven't killed them in a long while, so they'll be alive on a recent playthrough to double check.

edit: seems I'm unable to actually engage them now; immune to all damage and sit there alone in the now cleared out bar. Only way to interact with them I can find is through the console. Which technically works, but not what I'm looking forward. That's a bummer. Either that was changed sometime since April, or more likely, I consoled them dead back then when the rest were dead.

Edited by Teioh_White

Doesn't everyone else in the bar become hostile if you kill them?

Oh yes. Going back to my early saves, much of the towns and cities are a ghost town due to the locals giving their lives in defense of their shiny gold plated god-likes.

I'm not sure what benefits it actually gives you in game to have high reputations with places, besides a few different ways to resolve quests. I know Twin Elms has at least two.

I've seen the sandles of the forgotten friar in conversation but where do you actually get them? Is it from WM1 or 2 as I don't remember them in the base game?

I think one of the monks drops them in a WM1 bounty quest.

Duplicate? If you mean the Sanguine Plate, you get a 2nd one when your murder the backers again in the bar.

What do you mean? Ghosts or what? Never heard of that before... ?

Speaking of duplicates, in my most recent (and now completed) party, I found a way to get more bang for the buck out of the bog dragon scales, which you use to upgrade armor to legendary.

I upgraded the green Angwes Adra plate to legendary, and THEN I duplicated it, meaning that I was effectively able to get 3 legendary armors for the price of 2. 

(Of course, I'd like to think that I'm not the first to have figured out this little trick.)

(Of course, I'd like to think that I'm not the first to have figured out this little trick.)

Indeed, it is known that items you duplicate with the Helwax Mold retain all enchantments you put on them (including Durgan Steel.) :)