In my play through the fampyr dude with Argwes Adra was wearing the relevant helmet. I haven't killed him yet but if you can loot the helmet with the armor, then clearly it wasn't meant to also be sold in Stalwart. From rich it would ensue that the White Crest helmet should be instead.

I'll report this when I'm home and see what they say in QA.

One of the things that's a darned shame is that the Argwes Adra armor looks OUTSTANDING on Pallegina.  It matches her greenish head feathers so well, and it's a shame that she can't wear the matching helmet (though that would hide the feathers, of course).

Regardless, I ended up switching armors between Eder and Pallegina, giving Eder the Argwes armor and giving Pallegina that White Crest armor, just so that Eder could wear the very useful helmet.  Honestly though, Pallegina doesn't look half as nice in the white crest armor as she did in the green Argwes Adra armor.

Try the soulbound breastplate on her--it looks even better than Argwes Adra ;)

• Like 1

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Try the soulbound breastplate on her--it looks even better than Argwes Adra ;)

Ah, yes, another greenish armor.  Yeah, it'd probably look nice. 

Honestly though, I would be concerned that it wouldn't be enough armor for a front liner.  I have Eder and Pallegina set up in my current party with the best plate available to be my front liners and soak up damage.  And I worry that that particular soulbound breastplate would be better suited to a second line character.

It's definetly thick enough for a front liner on PoTD. Atm Pallegina wears it and she never has any problems with endurance loss whatsoever. You can always combine it with a blunting belt if you feel the need. But if you always have to wear plate even at higher levels then maybe your deflection is too low. In my opion plate armor is best for front liners who can't wear shields (or don't want to). 

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

I wonder: Does anybody know if the on-kill-effect of Steadfast (Crowns for the Faithful 25% on kill - with a rogue for example) also triggers if you don't kill the target with Steadfast itself? For example if you're dual wielding Steadfast and the Unlabored Blade and you kill a foe with that dagger. Will the on-kill-effect still work? 

I wonder: Does anybody know if the on-kill-effect of Steadfast (Crowns for the Faithful 25% on kill - with a rogue for example) also triggers if you don't kill the target with Steadfast itself? For example if you're dual wielding Steadfast and the Unlabored Blade and you kill a foe with that dagger. Will the on-kill-effect still work? 

Not sure, but I suspect you must kill with Steadfast specifically to trigger it.

By the way, I'm having Edér dual-wield Steadfast and The Unlabored Blade too, and I don't think the latter ever triggered Firebug. Has it triggered for you?

Just triggered for me.

EDIT: While we're at it, is the Binding property of the binding rope even working?

Edited by AndreaColombo

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

It's definetly thick enough for a front liner on PoTD. Atm Pallegina wears it and she never has any problems with endurance loss whatsoever. You can always combine it with a blunting belt if you feel the need. But if you always have to wear plate even at higher levels then maybe your deflection is too low. In my opion plate armor is best for front liners who can't wear shields (or don't want to). 

I guess that it's a matter of play style and taste.  If you're choosing slightly lighter armor over plate, then you're doing so to increase your offense at the expense of defense.  I guess that I'd rather that my front liners be as tough as possible, avoid as many hits as possible and to resist as much of the damage of the hits that still occur as possible.  It's not that I see these front liners like the 100% uber-defensive from the early days of PoE where you might see some players with low INTs and MGTs so that they could max out their PER and RES scores when both of those counted towards DEFL.  I prefer maximized durability with good offense over maximized offense with "good enough" durability. 

But anyways, whatever floats your boat...

Once you upgrade it the soulbound armor gets vigorous defense on hit, triggered immunity and a couple of extra abilities. It is certainly hard enough.

http://pillarsofeternity.gamepedia.com/Ryona%27s_Breastplate

I guess that I prefer to rely on always-on defenses in a front line tank to ones that only trigger occasionally when hit or when your END drops low enough.  Personal taste.

I'm not saying that this armor is bad.  It just feels much more like the armor of a second liner to me and my playstyle tastes.

You can do that of course and against enemies who deal a lot of damage per hit that's ok. So against Ogres, Dragons and the like it's good to have a lot of DR. But if your DR is already very high then stacking even more of it won't help you a lot against normal and numerous enemies. If the damage of an attack is lower than your DR a MIN portion of damage will go through. Doesn't really matter if you have 30 DR or 25 against an attack that's supposed to deal 20 damage. More deflection or other defenses on the other hand can totally avoid that damage. So your defenses should always be your number one priority, DR comes after that. For example I used Hiravias as a tank in my last playthrough and it really made no noticeable difference in terms of survivability if I put him into Blaidh Golan (hide) or Argwe's Adra (plate), both crush proofed and with a blunting belt. He just got a lot slower with the plate.

Vigorous Defense on that breastplate is so much better than just a few points of DR.  

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 1

Where does one find Blackwarden's Breast?

On the Readceran Watcher dude (can't recall his name.) You can only get it if you opt for the non-peaceful solution.

It's not that bad either; can be handy against dragons.

• Like 1

You'd be surprised what lengths I can go to justify using mechanically subpar equipment because it looks good :p

• Like 4

Speaking of good looks: the Maegfolc Skull only looks bad on elves, orlans, humans and aumaua. On dwarves it's quite nice. That's because on all the other races it's way too big. On a dwarf however it looks more like a cool face mask than a bone chupa chups lollipop.

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 1

I put on some, inferior mail armor just because it looks better than Sanguine (not a huge fan of the unnatural red). It is also green. Does have endurance regeneration, which is nice, but I feel like mail class of armor have the worst damage type DRs.

The soul bound armor makes my fighter a little sad since it gives away his hard earned abilities to others and he can't even wear it himself for some reason. Maybe I will try a monk fighter-want-to-be sometime.

Edited by Braven

Nothing looks better than Sanguine Plate and you know it :p

Personally I've found Maegfolc Skull acceptable on human models with the Aedyran striped clothes. With plate it looks rather asinine, though.

• Like 1

You'd be surprised what lengths I can go to justify using mechanically subpar equipment because it looks good :p

Exactly. I'm tempted to wear non-magical hats just to make that blackwarden's breast look cool. Stag Helmet fits the color scheme, but isn't so great either.

Patch in some decent hats!

BTW, I seem to remember I looted some unique (gold) monk outfit from the Ondrites, but I misplaced it and don't remember what it does.

Nothing looks better than Sanguine Plate and you know it :p

Personally I've found Maegfolc Skull acceptable on human models with the Aedyran striped clothes. With plate it looks rather asinine, though.

Honestly, Andrea, there are a number of other armors that I think look better than Sanguine Plate.  Of course, it's all personal taste.

I really like the green Angwes Adrea plate a LOT, particularly on Pallegina.  The White Swan armor is pretty cool.  Ditto for the Autumn Fire scale mail.    The Golden Scales armor is really nice too.

I like the new helmet of He Carries Many Scars. The new helm for Argwes Adra looks a bit amphibian like. That's why I gave it to Kana the Frog. ;)

Ohhh! I need to find the scars helmet. Are the new helmets all in WM2?

Yessir! :)

Any new quarterstaves?

None which I can remember. I will have a quick look into the game files and tell you if there are any... wait a second (will edit after searching).

edit: So, in the game files there's no new staff to be found. At least if you follow the usual naming pattern and search for *staff* or *quarterstaff*. The newest one is the Greenstone Staff as far as I can tell.

Edited by Boeroer