I've not come across the +4 int ring. It's been mentioned on this thread a few times. Anyone got any idea where it might be? I almost missed the +4 dex boots in the avalanche area. I'm wondering if I missed the ring somewhere...

I'll save you some time - we forgot to place it.  Jorge has done so now and it will be in 3.02.

Thank you! We've been going crazy.

• Like 1

Guys this Morning Star is just insane. It not only steals spells but you can also spam cast them. It's not like you steal one spell, cast it and it's gone - no. It's like the Grimoire Imprint: you steal a spell and then can cast it as often as you like in a certain amount of time (which is very long). I just ran into a horde of Ogre Druids with a barb and hit them with this morning star. At once I had Calling the Worlds Maw and two other spells. I then started casting Calling the World's Maw and never stopped doing it. The Ogres never stood up again. Great Synergy with Blood Thirst by the way: because of the offensive spells you will kill a foe now and then. That will nullify your recovery. This weapon is great on every sturdy frontliner with good ACC and good INT and decent attack speed. I imagine dps Caster-Paladins with all those on-kill-effects. 

Well....that's just nutty. Also has one of the two DPS enchants, making it a solid beatstick against non OP classes. Hmm...can't think of a class that could better advantage of it than a Barb off the top of my head. As you said, Blood Thirst for spells is pretty sick, and I bet most passives for other classes don't work well with spells. Maybe a Fighter, to Charge to the mage of choice, Knock Down so he can't cast while you steal his spells with extra armored fighter attack speed, Charge out when you got what you wanted, and activate Fighter Acc boost (which I think is unversial), then begin the spell spamming?

Can you steal spells from you allies by chance? That could be interesting.

I tried to steal spells from my allies and couldn't get it to work, both in combat and out of combat.

Guys this Morning Star is just insane. It not only steals spells but you can also spam cast them. It's not like you steal one spell, cast it and it's gone - no. It's like the Grimoire Imprint: you steal a spell and then can cast it as often as you like in a certain amount of time (which is very long)

Hmm. Are you sure about it being unlimited?

Iirc when I tested it, it was stealing up to 3 random spells, and allowed me to do up to 3 casts.

For example hitting a wizard, gave me "Wall of Flame", "Minor Grimoire Imprint" and "Concelhaut's Draining Touch". I could cast 2 Walls and 1 Touch, or 3 Walls, or one of each.

P.S. Few notes:

- when you hit or crit your target, there is 25% chance to make a new roll (acc vs fort) for that spell steal.

- casting stolen "Minor Grimoire Imprint" - doesn't steal more spells for you (at least on a fighter)

- duration after which the stolen spells "expire", is increased if you crit, and reduced if you graze. But it's long enough anyway.

- if you steal from someone who has only one spell, you will steal only that one spell.

Edited by MaxQuest

That morning star really would be outrageous on a barb. Not only the spell stealing but a 1 sec interrupt with wounding. Man what a build. But it comes SO late. You would really be forced to respect once you got to that point of the game.....and really I can't think of too many fights after this point that i'd really want it.

Where exactly is the looped rope found? I can find literally zero details on it. It would be great if some kind sir could add locations to all the items, and then maybe Boereor could update the OP with the list - or someone could finally make a nice job of the wiki.

Guys this Morning Star is just insane. It not only steals spells but you can also spam cast them. It's not like you steal one spell, cast it and it's gone - no. It's like the Grimoire Imprint: you steal a spell and then can cast it as often as you like in a certain amount of time (which is very long)

Hmm. Are you sure about it being unlimited?

Iirc when I tested it, it was stealing up to 3 random spells, and allowed me to do up to 3 casts.

For example hitting a wizard, gave me "Wall of Flame", "Minor Grimoire Imprint" and "Concelhaut's Draining Touch". I could cast 2 Walls and 1 Touch, or 3 Walls, or one of each.

P.S. Few notes:

- when you hit or crit your target, there is 25% chance to make a new roll (acc vs fort) for that spell steal.

- casting stolen "Minor Grimoire Imprint" - doesn't steal more spells for you (at least on a fighter)

- duration after which the stolen spells "expire", is increased if you crit, and reduced if you graze. But it's long enough anyway.

- if you steal from someone who has only one spell, you will steal only that one spell.

When I stole spells I got those three spell icons and they had some kind of timer on them (they turned grey in a clockwise motion if you know what I mean). In this time I could cast those spells as many times as I want (and my speed allowed - Blood Thirst helped). If the timer runs out, the spell is gone. Just look at my screenshot. I can't say how many times I casted Calling the World's Maw. Maybe 20 times? Don't know exactly. :)

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

When I stole spells I got those three spell icons and they had some kind of timer on them (they turned grey in a clockwise motion if you know what I mean). In this time I could cast those spells as many times as I want (and my speed allowed - Blood Thirst helped). If the timer runs out, the spell is gone. Just look at my screenshot. I can't say how many times I casted Calling the World's Maw. Maybe 20 times? Don't know exactly. :)

That's how major grimoire and minor grimoire imprint works now. You get some random x level spells, then you have x seconds to cast them as much as you want.

0 recovery speed and high dexterity wizard. I guess it makes up for them removing some spell copies from essential phantom and other clones. Makes for a more interesting wizard vs caster face off. A Counter Magic Tank.

Edited by Ymarsakar

It is about time the game got a morning star that was not completely worthless.  Did anyone ever use a morning star before this expansion?

I used Mabec's Morning Star on a interrupt-barb once and it was good.

It is about time the game got a morning star that was not completely worthless.  Did anyone ever use a morning star before this expansion?

if you are lucky enough to get mebec's morningstar, you can have your hearth orlan priest o' eothas cast dire blessing 'fore battles lay down some serious pain.  is any number o' builds that would benefit from a 2-h weapon that stuns on crits and gets 3 dr bypass... on top o' wilder slaying.   but again, is requiring luck as it is an azzuro item... and given the increased number o' new potential stronghold encounters, the likelihood o' an azzuro encounter post wm2 has decreased. 

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Personal experience, but I've found that after you've solved Azzuro's dilemma he then appears for trading very regularly and getting his items isn't very difficult - likely due to people moaning about how hard it is to get his items.

Getting his dilemma is a bit hit and miss now (it was my last dilemma, sigh), but getting his items isn't too bad.

PS I own Mebec's Morningstar, Hiro's Mantle, and several of his other items that I was interested in without even trying. They are super regular now.

Edited by Jojobobo

Yeah, I didn't see him a ton pre 3.0. Maybe once or twice a game, always selling something I don't want, and not something cool like Hiro's Cloak or Rimecutter. This time, after I did his quest, he went away for a long time. Then he came 6 times in a row. Then he never came again. Was kinda strange.

• Like 1

In my current 3.01 play through he's only showed up once to sell me Rebel's Call. I stashed it and consolled in Hiro's Mantle. I never looked back.

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

I always go for max prestige (esp. with hirelings that give a bonus) and I have to say I see him very often. The only thing is: who needs Wurmwull? Three times?

• Like 1

Are there any actual benefit to stronghold defenses? Battles are just easy-to-win minor annoyances and the gold from taxes are pretty meaningless (and helped by both). Even the "bad visitors" seem to actually be good visitors because they somtimes grant permanent prestige increases now.

Prestige helps get quests which provide really powerful one-of-a-kind items. Seems like a no-brainer.

Makes hirelings, like the ogre, completely useless and a massive negative.

Edited by Braven

When I stole spells I got those three spell icons and they had some kind of timer on them (they turned grey in a clockwise motion if you know what I mean). In this time I could cast those spells as many times as I want (and my speed allowed - Blood Thirst helped). If the timer runs out, the spell is gone. Just look at my screenshot. I can't say how many times I casted Calling the World's Maw. Maybe 20 times? Don't know exactly. original.gif

Checked. You indeed can cast as many times as you want (before the timer runs out). Awesome original.gif(with dex set to 100, have casted 50+ times)

While I was at it, also checked what would happen if a dominated character (with this morning star) will spell steal from party members.

So, dominated Eder was hitting:

- Aloth. Eder stole 3 spells and could use them. Aloth did NOT lose those spells (nor usages).

- Hiravias. Eder stole 3 spells and could use them. Hiravias did NOT lose those spells (nor usages).

- Kana. Eder stole 3 invocations, but could NOT use them. Kana did NOT lose those invocations.

- Pallegina. No 'spells' were stolen.

- Sagani. No 'spells' were stolen.

- Grieving Mother. No 'spells' were stolen.

MlXRaA6.png

RlMukMF.png

t4m9wtH.png

I9Agsev.png

KDaolHx.png

Ts364L9.png

FTw6DIw.png

Edited by MaxQuest
  • Like 2

Are there any actual benefit to stronghold defenses? Battles are just easy-to-win minor annoyances and the gold from taxes are pretty meaningless (and helped by both). Even the "bad visitors" seem to actually be good visitors because they somtimes grant permanent prestige increases now.

Prestige helps get quests which provide really powerful one-of-a-kind items. Seems like a no-brainer.

Makes hirelings, like the ogre, completely useless and a massive negative.

I think that the higher the Stronghold's security rating is, the lower the portion of taxes gets stolen by thieves.  In addition to that, the SH's security and prestige ratings affect the game's conclusion "story".

As for the gold from taxes, I wouldn't say that it's meaningless. Sure, the income from any one instance of tax payment seems low, but when it gets totaled up over the long haul, I suspect that it more than pays for the upgrades to the SH and pays for the hirelings ... particularly when you consider the fact that WM1 and 2 increase the campaign length, this increasing the number of tax payments, whereas the SH upgrades are a fixed amount.  That is, once fully upgraded, there aren't any additional costs to its infrastructure.  And for the most part, most of the tax income is profit (once you factor in paying for the hirelings).

As for the hirelings, I always try to pick ones who will provide a balance between security and prestige. 

In my current 3.01 play through he's only showed up once to sell me Rebel's Call. I stashed it and consolled in Hiro's Mantle. I never looked back.

Yeah, I still find Azurro to be extremely annoying.  Why the heck can't he just show up to the SH with his entire inventory and stay there? 

As for Wyrmwull, I'd be tempted to buy it if I thought that it would prevent him from trying to sell another copy of it.  But to be honest, I don't think that it would.

Yeah, I still find Azurro to be extremely annoying.  Why the heck can't he just show up to the SH with his entire inventory

As for Wyrmwull, I'd be tempted to buy it if I thought that it would prevent him from trying to sell another copy of it.  But to be honest, I don't think that it would.

You can always load save before he shows up, pass time and he'll appear again with random item

No, unfortunately not. :)

I once got Hiro's Mantle... 4 times in one playthrough. :lol:

And Gwath Somethingeck - that golden superb medium shield. I think 3 times.

Edited by Boeroer