It is perfectly possible to get to 30 MIG without sacrifices, and since it is just one condition to unlock one weapon, I don't see a problem with it.

You only need it temporarily so you don't really need to abuse the game if you don't want to go around with an insanely high MIG score.

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Alright, I tested Steadfast with all classes now.

Results are on the wiki page: http://pillarsofeternity.gamepedia.com/Steadfast

No idea what "enemies below 0.4 Endurance" actually means, I just copied that phrase from the in-game description for the Paladin and Priest upgrade conditions. It sounds like it could mean enemies who have less than 40% endurance left, but on my testing murder spree on the streets of Defiance Bay, every single kill counted for this condition - and most of those were one-shot kills since I set my Might to 500 to make testing go faster... :D

All the other ones were pretty clear.

• Like 3

"Some ideas are so stupid that only an intellectual could believe them." -- attributed to George Orwell

No idea what "enemies below 0.4 Endurance" actually means, I just copied that phrase from the in-game description for the Paladin and Priest upgrade conditions. It sounds like it could mean enemies who have less than 40% endurance left, but on my testing murder spree on the streets of Defiance Bay, every single kill counted for this condition - and most of those were one-shot kills since I set my Might to 500 to make testing go faster... :D

It means you have to kill enemies while YOU have under 40% endurance

I know that soulbound weapons benefit from focus talents even if it doesn't match the weapon category. What about priest talents? Can a priest of Skaen still get +10 acc when using Steadfast?

Edited by MaxQuest

I know that soulbound weapons benefit from focus talents even if it doesn't match the weapon category. What about priest talents? Can a priest of Skaen still get +10 acc when using Steadfast?

Yes. 

http://pillarsofeternity.gamepedia.com/Soulbound_item

Soulbound weapons are always implicit beneficiaries of various weapon Talents and Abilities: Weapon Focus, Weapon Specialization, Weapon Mastery, The Pallid Hand, Inspired Flame, Hope Eternal, Prey on the Weak, and Incomprehensible Revelation.

• Like 1

Since Outmaneuvering is passive I wonder if it applies to all attacks, not just with Steadfast. For a wizard it could be good just for the passsives, while using just spells...

Wouldn't that still just be attacks/spells that normally target deflection though?

Edited by limaxophobiacq

Since Outmaneuvering is passive I wonder if it applies to all attacks, not just with Steadfast. For a wizard it could be good just for the passsives, while using just spells...

Wouldn't that still just be attacks/spells that normally target deflection though?

Yes, probably...

It would be interesting to know the base damage of Bash3...

Bash 1: 6-9 (ex: Badgradr's Barricade)

Bash 2: 8-12 (ex: Larder Door)

Bash 3: 10-15 (ex: Dragon's Maw Shield)

P.S. Have tested a few more things in regards to shields with bash property:

(tested with Badgradr's Barricade shield which has bashing 1 and grants Thrust of Tattered Veils on critical hit)

- damage from bash does not generate focus, nor procs carnage hits.

- enchants on these shields that "grant a <spell> on hit/critical hits", trigger only when bash hits/crits. Weapon hits/crits do not proc them.

- spells triggered this way, do not generate focus, nor proc carnage hits.

This is not intended. I've added a bug about the carnage and focus procs with Bashing. We will try and get a fix in for the next patch.

Then maybe it's also possible to make it so that two weapon style applies to bash?

• Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

It means you have to kill enemies while YOU have under 40% endurance

Nope, that's not what's happening either. I had a perfectly healthy priest go around killing Copperlane townspeople, and it counted.

I've tried various combinations, and every single kill I made increased that counter.

I think it's safe to say that it's bugged - either in its description, or its behavior, or both.

"Some ideas are so stupid that only an intellectual could believe them." -- attributed to George Orwell

Wow some of the stuff from White March is pretty dope. I mean boots with +4 Dex and +3 Lore. Pretty nice stuff.

I found a +4 stat apparel item for every stat except int. They all use different slots so you can equip them all in a single character if you want. And some soulbound weapons have stat boosts that stack with apparel stat boosts.

Steadfast for paladins gives 15% chance on hit/crit to cast Sunlance - very cool looking.

I've been thinking about building my 3.02 Paladin around this weapon for this reason. I'm not sure how favourably it compares to a lash, but having a giant lance of light striking your enemies is pretty damn cool. I thought I'd go with Scion of Flame to improve the burn damage of the Sunlance (as well as the Paladin's Sacred Immolation).

It's a shame that the +5 will save and immunities are a bit wasted on a Paladin though, given the class's already high saves.

I think a fighter that already invested in the new "courage" ability would be even more sad by Steadfast, since it makes it completely useless.

I am not sure that any of the soul-bound weapons are always strictly better than uniques, since you can't apply durgan steel or lashes and the % chance effects can be unpredictable.  However, they sure are a lot of fun to use.  It still cracks me up to see meteors and skeletons appear out of no where with the The Gray Sleeper.  

Edited by Braven

I never played White March part I, so I had a quick question about soulbound weapons and didn't want to make a separate thread for it: can you bind more than one weapon to a single character or not? I'm playing solo as a rogue, and both Steadfast and Nightshroud look pretty useful, I wasn't sure if you could have both at the same time or not.

Wow some of the stuff from White March is pretty dope. I mean boots with +4 Dex and +3 Lore. Pretty nice stuff.

I found a +4 stat apparel item for every stat except int. They all use different slots so you can equip them all in a single character if you want. And some soulbound weapons have stat boosts that stack with apparel stat boosts.

There a +4 Int ring (Gwyn's Band of Union).  I hope to find it, as I think that is the most important stat for an item boost.  Has a couple other useful enchantments too.

I like how the Engagement Ring has an "instill doubt" enchantment.  Maybe it is a cursed, breakup-inducing ring.

Edited by Braven