I noticed that no one had put up a consolidated list of new items.  Since I'm new to the community here's my contribution:

Executioner's Hood (helm): +20 Endurance per kill, +5 Melee Accuracy for +5 sec when missed by an attack.  Grants Intimidating Presence (Passive).

Frythr's Plated Greaves (feet): +5% Armor Speed Penalty, +3 DR, Grants Wild Spring (1 per rest).

Siegebreaker Gauntlets (hands): Grants Clear Out (1 per rest), +4 Resolve.

Mantle of the Excavator (cloak): +25 Defense against poison attacks, +2 survival, +4 perception.

Elryn's Jacket (light armor): DR 8, Recovery Speed: -20%, 10% chance to cast eyestrike when hit or critically hit, +2 perception.

Tax Collector's Mantle (cloak): +2 Stealth, Grants Escape (1 per encounter), Grants Smoke Cloud (1 per rest).

Comtessa's Gage (Hands): Grants Solitary (Passive).  It's flank resistance, immunity to paralyze, and 25% of damage range guaranteed for 3.0 sec.

Iron Circle (ring): -5% Attack Speed, +4 Constitution, +15% Armor Damage Reduction when Endurance below 26%

Looped Rope (belt): Grats Clarity (Passive).  It's +20 Defense to all negative status effects.

Gwyn's Band of Union (ring): Grants Blessing.  Grants Instill Doubt when Endurance falls below 80% (1 per encounter).  +4 Intellect.

Arthek's Cord: Grants Juggernaut (Passive).  Bonus move speed above 75% endurance, bonus interrupt below.

Blackwarden's Breast (armor): standard exceptional breastplate with +15 accuracy against beasts aura and corrosion-proofed.

Cape of the Cheat: Grants Escape (1 per encounter), +10% of incoming Grazes converted to Misses.

That's all I could find.  I excluded most weapons and armor because they are very easy to find if you know where to look in the files.  Someone said there was a new +4 might helm, but I was not able to find it.  Hope this helps completionists like me.

• Like 9

It slows you down. Good for tanks who are already slow and need resilience.

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Here's the helmet, sadly it looks disastrous and I likely won't be wearing it.

BTW, this Iron Circle is that minus attack speed or is it actually plus attack speed? If it's minus then it's not worth it at all.

It is minus attack speed, unfortunately.  Probably not the end of the world for a low dex tank character since their attack speed is so painfully slow to begin with.  

What about Frythr's Plated Greaves? Does its DR bonus stack with armor?

Nope, it gets suppressed.

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

It would be interesting to know the base damage of Bash3...

Bash 1: 6-9 (ex: Badgradr's Barricade)

Bash 2: 8-12 (ex: Larder Door)

Bash 3: 10-15 (ex: Dragon's Maw Shield)

P.S. Have tested a few more things in regards to shields with bash property:

(tested with Badgradr's Barricade shield which has bashing 1 and grants Thrust of Tattered Veils on critical hit)

- damage from bash does not generate focus, nor procs carnage hits.

- enchants on these shields that "grant a <spell> on hit/critical hits", trigger only when bash hits/crits. Weapon hits/crits do not proc them.

- spells triggered this way, do not generate focus, nor proc carnage hits.

Edited by MaxQuest
  • Like 3

Sad times. I just got the Dragon's Maw Shield and was considering respeccing Maneha for 1h+shield. What would be a good 1h for Barbarian? Strike Hard?

I think the soul bound dagger would be sick but haven't tried it. Could be a LOT of procs of firebug though resulting in a ton of AoE dmg. Also the accuracy would be helpful for a barb and carnage. +18 from the dagger, +5 for being a dagger, +4 from the game in Gref's rest. Probably use Drawn in Spring for single target dmg for say dragons.

It would be interesting to know the base damage of Bash3...

Bash 1: 6-9 (ex: Badgradr's Barricade)

Bash 2: 8-12 (ex: Larder Door)

Bash 3: 10-15 (ex: Dragon's Maw Shield)

P.S. Have tested a few more things in regards to shields with bash property:

(tested with Badgradr's Barricade shield which has bashing 1 and grants Thrust of Tattered Veils on critical hit)

- damage from bash does not generate focus, nor procs carnage hits.

- enchants on these shields that "grant a <spell> on hit/critical hits", trigger only when bash hits/crits. Weapon hits/crits do not proc them.

- spells triggered this way, do not generate focus, nor proc carnage hits.

This is not intended. I've added a bug about the carnage and focus procs with Bashing. We will try and get a fix in for the next patch.

• Like 3

Steadfast (Sword)

Fully upgraded

post-160429-0-94571000-1455739553.jpg

Edit: Just to avoid confusion, ignore the damage range. I had set might to 500 to get the upgrades completed fast.

What class was the character you bound this to?

I'm asking because one of the upgrades - specifically the one for the 3rd rank - seems to be class-specific:

•  "25% chance to cast Champion's Boon on kill."  --- in your screenshot
  •  "20% chance to cast Restore Major Endurance when hit by a Critical hit."  --- posted to the Soulbound item wiki page by an anonymous user
  • "Grants Outmaneuvering (passive)."  --- posted to the Steadfast wiki page by UtileDulci

Which classes do those correspond to?

And is there a different enhancement for every class at that rank?

Edited by Ineth

"Some ideas are so stupid that only an intellectual could believe them." -- attributed to George Orwell

Really? Oh man - Outmaneuvering on a chanter with the frightening chant plus a barb with Brute Force & Threatening Presence, then a priest with Painful Interdiction and a cipher - ouch! Will will be lowered by 42 points and fortitude by 48 points. And only one active ability needed to raise the crit chance of some good invocations, cipher powers, barb's and chanter's melee attacks... Melee Wizard with Steadfast and that Repulsing Visage instead of a chanter would also be awesome. 

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

I still feel it is not that great overall, despite new build possibilities. No lash, no Durgan steel, no draining or anhilating, no CC or devastating spells...

I will certainly bind it to Aloth as it has very good defensive properties. 12 might is the min might to unlock it with a non-godlike I think. By the way, is 30 might the ultimate unlocking condition for all classes ? I feel it is thematically related to Champion's boon, so...

What is it with all these items having a min Might of 30?  It seems like these items are aimed at players who A) use every little chance to boost MGT in game, like sacrifices, etc., and who B) are apparently constantly using MGT related buffs.  Neither of these cover how I play the game.  (Or does it just require you to have a MGT of 30 just to equip the weapon, but afterwards you're OK if your MGT falls below 30?)

Regardless, I'm a little put off by the idea that some of the weapons in the game might be inaccessible to me due to the fact that I'm not a hardcore power gamer.  :getlost:

This is not intended. I've added a bug about the carnage and focus procs with Bashing. We will try and get a fix in for the next patch.

Awesome! Bashing shields might become worth it on ciphers and barbs now.

P.S. It would be interesting to check the interaction with Taste of the Hunt, when it goes live.

Here's the helmet, sadly it looks disastrous and I likely won't be wearing it.

You can use console command original.gif

HelmetVisibility False
(although it hides helmets on all your characters)

Outmaneuvering is for Chanters, Fighters, and Wizards, and lets you target Will instead of Deflection if it's lower (like Barbarian's Brute Force).

What if you fighter is dual-wielding? Will both hand attacks target will instead of deflection? Or only those dealt with Steadfast explicitly? Edited by MaxQuest
  • Like 1

By the way, is 30 might the ultimate unlocking condition for all classes ?

Seems so.

I've tested Fighter, Paladin, Druid, Cipher so far, and while they all had different conditions to unlock rank 3, it was always "Have 30 Might" for rank 4.

HelmetVisibility False
(although it hides helmets on all your characters)

No, only on the ones that you have currently selected when you issue the command.

"Some ideas are so stupid that only an intellectual could believe them." -- attributed to George Orwell