Just noticed that Fulvano's Gloves have apparently received a buff. IIRC, they used to give +5 Reflex; now they give +2 DEX. Quite a bit better.

A few of them were buffed indeed... The Stag Helm, Hermit's Cap, Fenwalkers, Fulvano's Gloves, Orlan's Bramble Ring, Tempered Helm and some armors with defenses against afflictions...

Although the hermit's cap you mentioned before was bugged because you had an old savegame and it wasn't updated properly. It now gives you +2 INT an immunity to confuse - but not +1 MIG. Your game just merges both enchantments. That also happened to me with the Sanguine Plate when they took retaliation away and gave it Frenzy - I had a Plate that did both. :)

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

I saved the endless paths just for new soulbound weapons. so when i saw that final rank of unlabored i just walked down to a pack of xinorps and chain paralyzed them with my chanter while letting my rogue go to town for awhile. took a bit but only needed around 20 mobs give or take to finish. nice and fast.

• Like 1

@Francis - Yes, it is. "Bash" doesn't deal great damage, and when you equip a shield with that property you have weapon attack / recovery / bash / recovery instead of weapon attack / recovery / weapon attack / recovery. Weapon attacks deal more damage than bash, so your overall DPS is lower with bash shields.

Bash is like attacking with an unenchanted weapon in your left hand... If you do the math you'll see you don't lose dps...

Here's how it works with 100% recovery (R=right hand, L=left hand,

B=bash, -=recovery):

R--R--R--R--R.... (single weapon)

R--B-R--B-R--B.... (weapon&bash)

R-L-R-L-R-L... (two weapons)

Without many enchantments or speed, Bash actually increases your DPS (at the beginning of the game the Larder Door is good). Even with a superb weapon the things are pretty even as long as the recovery is greater than 100%. Bash starts losing ground (like dual wield) when you start attacking really fast...

I've ran some tests.

19lAQFU.png

Basically you are both right.

The less speed and damage enchants your weapon has - the better bash is.

Against 0 DR enemy, and with no speed buffs or enchants, dps of [1h + shield_with_bash] will become worse than [1h + shield_without_bash], once weapon damage becomes by ~63% higher than the damage dealt by bash. (for daggers at least). While with zero recovery [1h + shield_with_bash] will be worse from the start, if your weapon deals higher damage than bash.

Spreadsheet can be found here.

P.S. The fact that 1h+shield recovery is not longer than that of pure 1h a bit surprised me... The old 'diagram' seems to be quite obsolete.

Edited by MaxQuest
  • Like 2

So Boeroer, can we expect all new class builds using these new items?

I'll try my best. Currently testing a crit-barb with dual Vent Pick. :)

Once PoE 2 gets announced we'll have to get you a beta account. 'Trap' you into the game right away and secure those good builds from the start =P.

Once PoE 2 gets announced we'll have to get you a beta account. 'Trap' you into the game right away and secure those good builds (and good company) from the start =P.

Once PoE 2 gets announced we'll have to get you a beta account. 'Trap' you into the game right away and secure those good builds (and good company) from the start =P.

:dancing:  That would be fun - as long as there's pizza. ;)

• Like 1

so new sword + new soulbound dagger dont seem to be that much dmg vs durgan steel sabres ;( wish i could do some more testing this is for a melee rogue btw

Durgan refinement is ver powerful: more speed, more hit-to-crit, higher crit damage. Hard to compete with that. A fully enchanted, durgan refined Hours of St. Rumbalt is just awesome. And eveybody can use that. ;) 

Superb and wounding. Nice but not top for me.

I would go Unlabored Blade and Blesca's labor on a rogue.

Blesca's labor is coordinate (uber cool with the new distracting ability) and draining (always good to have), and is Superb without even requiring dragon eye. Blesca's always been my top rogue weapon.

so new sword + new soulbound dagger dont seem to be that much dmg vs durgan steel sabres ;( wish i could do some more testing this is for a melee rogue btw

Durgan refinement is ver powerful: more speed, more hit-to-crit, higher crit damage. Hard to compete with that. A fully enchanted, durgan refined Hours of St. Rumbalt is just awesome. And eveybody can use that. ;)

Optimal two handed sword rogue because of overbearing+annihilation?  Hilarious.  

• Like 1