One non unique item thing. There are more Durgan Steel Ingots in WM2. I found 3 in the Temple to Abydon in Stalwart though to get them you have to steal.

Another is found in the white forge with an extra in the old guard's room in the great hall.

Edited by Thatoneguy

Where is the soulbound shield found?

I haven't played PX2 yet, but if I had to take a wild guess

I'd say it's in the loot of the Bog Dragon.

@Francis - Yes, it is. "Bash" doesn't deal great damage, and when you equip a shield with that property you have weapon attack / recovery / bash / recovery instead of weapon attack / recovery / weapon attack / recovery. Weapon attacks deal more damage than bash, so your overall DPS is lower with bash shields.

That said, the soulbound shield has pretty kick-ass abilities so I guess we can forgive it its bashing habits ;)

Edited by AndreaColombo

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

@Francis - Yes, it is. "Bash" doesn't deal great damage, and when you equip a shield with that property you have weapon attack / recovery / bash / recovery instead of weapon attack / recovery / weapon attack / recovery. Weapon attacks deal more damage than bash, so your overall DPS is lower with bash shields.

That said, the soulbound shield has pretty kick-ass abilities so I guess we can forgive it its bashing habits ;)

Bash is like attacking with an unenchanted weapon in your left hand... If you do the math you'll see you don't lose dps...

Also the soulbound shield has Bash3 (higher base damage than 1h weapons) and it procs, which means your damage will be close to dual wielding.

Bash is like attacking with an unenchanted weapon in your left hand... If you do the math you'll see you don't lose dps...

Also the soulbound shield has Bash3 (higher base damage than 1h weapons) and it procs, which means your damage will be close to dual wielding.

Math to the rescue yaayyy. What does "and it procs" mean? I mean what can you proc with a shield?

Math to the rescue yaayyy. What does "and it procs" mean? I mean what can you proc with a shield?

Taste of the Hunt (30 Raw damage to the enemy over 10 seconds; 100% damage restored to you as Endurance)

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Why not?

Hypothetically:

Superb Weapon 16-23 damage

Bash 3 13-18 damage

I could do 16-23 / recovery / 16-23 / recovery with the sword OR I could do 16-23 / recovery / 13-18 / recovery with the shield. The former has a higher DPS.

Two Weapon Fighting still doesn't work with Bash (I tested it yesterday) so reaching 0 recovery with sword and bash shield isn't any easier than reaching it with a single weapon or 2-hander.

Why not?

Hypothetically:

Bash 3 13-18 damage

I could do 16-23 / recovery / 16-23 / recovery with the sword OR I could do 16-23 / recovery / 13-18 / recovery with the shield. The former has a higher DPS.

Two Weapon Fighting still doesn't work with Bash (I tested it yesterday) so reaching 0 recovery with sword and bash shield isn't any easier than reaching it with a single weapon or 2-hander.

Question : we all know that base damages are more precious that actual damages.

Because when you pile up bonus damage, base damage will get multiplied.

So even if enchanted weapons offer +45% damage, it is just an additiive modifier.

Menawhile if Bash 3 grants superior base damage, when you start to pile damage modifier, it starts becoming more interesting.

+2 Base damage at average speed means +15% base damage. If you pile +200% other modifier, for example, it suddenly becomes as strong as +45% damage bonus (Ok, +200% is not that easy to reach, especially with barbarian carnage malus...).

So does Bash 3 actually modifies shield base damage ? Because if it is true, it starts sounding good.

Other question : what is the speed of bash ? I suppose average, not fast.

Bonus question : does confident aim modifies fighter BASE damages ?

• Like 1

Why not?

Hypothetically:

Bash 3 13-18 damage

Question : we all know that base damages are more precious that actual damages.

Because when you pile up bonus damage, base damage will get multiplied.

So even if enchanted weapons offer +45% damage, it is just an additiive modifier.

Menawhile if Bash 3 grants superior base damage, when you start to pile damage modifier, it starts becoming more interesting.

+2 Base damage at average speed means +15% base damage. If you pile +200% other modifier, for example, it suddenly becomes as strong as +45% damage bonus (Ok, +200% is not that easy to reach, especially with barbarian carnage malus...).

So does Bash 3 actually modifies shield base damage ? Because if it is true, it starts sounding good.

Other question : what is the speed of bash ? I suppose average, not fast.

Bonus question : does confident aim modifies fighter BASE damages ?

See? This is what math does to you. Math, not even once.

• Like 2

By the way, Bash should have been coded as a % of double attack, without any delay, the second one coming from the shield.
And maybe also systematically triggered by Full attack in addition of regular %.

With the current design, Obsidian are forced to add crazy proc on bash shields in order to make them barely as interesting as regular ones. That is a bit sad.

Why not?

Hypothetically:

Bash 3 13-18 damage

Your mistake to is to consider the recovery being the same... Here's how it works with 100% recovery (R=right hand, L=left hand,

B=bash, -=recovery):

R--R--R--R--R.... (single weapon)

R--B-R--B-R--B.... (weapon&bash)

R-L-R-L-R-L... (two weapons)

Without many enchantments or speed, Bash actually increases your DPS (at the beginning of the game the Larder Door is good). Even with a superb weapon the things are pretty even as long as the recovery is greater than 100%. Bash starts losing ground (like dual wield) when you start attacking really fast...

• Like 2

I leveled the Unlabored blade really quickly with a rogue by soloing sparser groups of enemies, resting with the stronghold might bonus. The patrols outside of The Iron Flail camp got me about halfway.

What level were you? I played through WMII for the first time with a level 14 group I had already been ready to go to Thaos with, just to see everything. This made the dagger a lot easier to level up. I think It'll be a nightmare to do the last leg if your at an appropriate level for WMII.

Good point, actually I was also v14 for WMII. I wouldn't put much effort into leveling the unlabored blade with a rogue until at least picking up Deathblows at lv11. 

As it was when I hit groups of 3+ I would use a cross bow to get a runner's wounding shot or hobbled to get sneak attack bonuses rolling faster and put off using up Shadowing Beyond and Killing Blow as long as possible. 

If I  wanted the unlabored blade leveled even faster or any soul bound dps based req in a tougher situation I guess I'd just cut out other sources of dps in the party.

So in my last party I'd first try keeping Aloth's crowd control grimoire on the case and bringing in an extremely tanky unenchanted larder door wielding Eder soaking up aggro, adding a steady flow of low dps knock downs 

Whatever works in your group to get that 2000 or so damage in without too much hassle!

Just noticed that Fulvano's Gloves have apparently received a buff. IIRC, they used to give +5 Reflex; now they give +2 DEX. Quite a bit better.

You're right about the Gloves. There were other items that got buffed too. Fenwalkers I think?

Just checked the wiki (don't know how old this info is) and it says Fenwalkers used to give +7 against Stuck, Hobbled and Paralyzed. Now they give +20 against them and also reduces their duration by 3 seconds.

Edited by Francis Ironwood