Main character paladin "Faith and Conviction" doesn't add disposition bonus

Harlath

Question

Hello Obsidian,

It seems that "Faith and Conviction" doesn't scale with the main character's reputation anymore? It only scales with overall level, as it does for NPCs.

Please add this back in, as it was flavourful to adhere to your order's teachings and the change has made the ability less useful for paladins.

Not 100% sure on this, but tried to do some testing by adding/removing disposition points with the console and triggering in-game events, neither of which adjusted my character's defence bonuses from faith and conviction.

Similarly, adding points in opposed dispositions didn't decrease the ability's bonuses.

This seems consistent with the beta bug previously reported below but hasn't been fixed?

http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/83952-v300929-px1-steam-faith-and-conviction-nerfed-of-bugged/

Edited by Harlath

13 answers to this question

Thanks for the prompt reply Aarik! Hope today (and the coming days) aren't too stressful. Look forward to a solution.

Other players struggling with this - you can revert back to the 2.03 version of Faith and Conviction by using the old files, a copy of which are contained in this mod (only really helps if you've just running one paladin as the main character).

http://www.nexusmods.com/pillarsofeternity/mods/87/?

Edited by Harlath

^ scales with level for companions.

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

This will be fixed in 3.02.

Got an ETA on it?

I don't know for sure, but it's supposed to be done by the end of next week, and it could take another week after that to finish testing.

If I were to start a new game as a Paladin on 3.01, when 3.02 is released, would it retroactively fix this issue, or should I just wait until 3.02?

"If you would, you could become all flame" - Abba Joseph of the Desert Fathers.

If I were to start a new game as a Paladin on 3.01, when 3.02 is released, would it retroactively fix this issue, or should I just wait until 3.02?

Taking a wild guess here, but if the fix was not retroactive, you would probably still get it by retraining your character. BMac will be able to confirm or deny.

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Taking a wild guess here, but if the fix was not retroactive, you would probably still get it by retraining your character. BMac will be able to confirm or deny.

The fix is retroactive, so you can start your new game now.

• Like 2