Update #105: Now Available - The White March Part II and Patch 3.0!

Update by Brandon Adler, Lead Producer

px2-on-sale-580.jpg

Hey, everyone. Big news today! The second part to the Pillars of Eternity expansion, The White March - Part II, is now available. You can pick up Part II for $14.99 or the Expansion Pass (which contains Part I and Part II) for $24.99 on Steam, GOG, or Origin. The White March - Part II brings an epic conclusion to the Watcher's story in the White March.

If you need to get more hyped up, check out the awesome release video below.

px2-release-trailer-580.jpg

What's New?

In addition to bringing closure to The White March storyline, The White March - Part II introduces many new areas, spells, abilities, and soulbound items. You can see some of these spells and abilities in action by watching the video below.

px2-abilities-video-580.jpg

The 3.0 Update is also now live. 3.0 introduces many new features that everyone (whether they have the expansion or not) can enjoy. If you would like to learn more about these features, just watch our Update 3.0 New Features video by heading over here. You can also look at the update's current change list by visiting Obsidian's Community Blog.

Another important addition in The White March - Part II is our new barbarian companion, Maneha. Maneha meets the player in the village of Stalwart, where she's searching for clues about the Abbey of the Fallen Moon, a mysterious, ancient temple to Ondra. She's been a mercenary, a pirate, a pilgrim, and a treasure-hunter, but most recently, she's become a Giftbearer, a member of an Ondrite order dedicated to helping the faithful forget the secrets that haunt them.

If you would like to learn more about Maneha, take a look at her preview video here.

Redeeming the Expansion

For those of you that may not have redeemed your expansion key, please read through this thread on the Obsidian forums. It will give you full details on how you can redeem all of your rewards, including the expansion.

The key that you will be given is for an Expansion Pass that will unlock both parts of the expansion.

Kickin' it Forward: Mind's Eye Theatre: Werewolf The Apocalypse

met-kickstarter-580.jpg

We're big fans of the World of Darkness, particularly the classic Vampire: The Masquerade & Werewolf: The Apocalypse settings! (Remember that epic Vampire vs Werewolf boss battle in the Vampire Bloodlines cRPG!?). Our friends at By Night Studios are putting out a new edition of the Mind's Eye Theatre: Werewolf The Apocalypse live action role-playing game, so that fans who want to be able to have vampires & werewolves fully battle it out like never before, now finally can! They've recently hit their funding goal, but have some really cool stretch goals; including never before released Werewolf tribe pins and battle Klaives! So break out your claws, fangs and check it out!

That's it for now. Now get into the White March!

• Like 9

The Steam version says you have to have Pillars via Steam--which I don't, having purchased it (and White March I) as a Mac App. COG doesn't carry that kind of warning, so I'm hoping I'll be able to do it that way. Any ideas about this . . . whether WMII is going to work for those of us who got the game as a Mac App?

A quick edit: I've just seen some disturbing comments about the way COG works (or doesn't) . . . gives the impression that, if one did not begin with Steam, one might not be able to keep up with the changes to come, including the new WMII, to which I was really looking forward. Will be happy to hear any specifics about all this, positive or negative.

Edited by Updraft

The Steam version says you have to have Pillars via Steam--which I don't, having purchased it (and White March I) as a Mac App. COG doesn't carry that kind of warning, so I'm hoping I'll be able to do it that way. Any ideas about this . . . whether WMII is going to work for those of us who got the game as a Mac App?

A quick edit: I've just seen some disturbing comments about the way COG works (or doesn't) . . . gives the impression that, if one did not begin with Steam, one might not be able to keep up with the changes to come, including the new WMII, to which I was really looking forward. Will be happy to hear any specifics about all this, positive or negative.

Hey, Updraft. I am a little unsure of your question.

If you are asking whether you can mix purchases on Steam and GOG, the answer is: you probably can't and even if you could it probably isn't a good idea.

Steam and GOG are two separate services and Obsidian doesn't support purchasing different products through different services.

You might be able to hack it together to work, but I don't recommend it.

I think this does answer my question . . . but it would be a matter of hacking together one of the other 'sources' (Steam, COG, or the other one) with the Mac App version--and I suspect your caution applies there as well . . . maybe even more strongly. Kinda sucks. As someone I think said of the COG situation in another thread, he had to buy the whole game again to get the update to work. So, I guess White March II isn't in my future . . . or not any time soon.

I think this does answer my question . . . but it would be a matter of hacking together one of the other 'sources' (Steam, COG, or the other one) with the Mac App version--and I suspect your caution applies there as well . . . maybe even more strongly. Kinda sucks. As someone I think said of the COG situation in another thread, he had to buy the whole game again to get the update to work. So, I guess White March II isn't in my future . . . or not any time soon.

If you are looking to get TWM - Part II on the Mac App Store we are trying to get it out early next week if possible.

• Like 2

Congratulations on the release!

The new abilities look good, especially the deity-specific symbols. I'm not sure I'd want to use that Tornado ability though. It looks too chaotic and unpredictable.

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

If you are looking to get TWM - Part II on the Mac App Store we are trying to get it out early next week if possible.

Okay . . . good to know. I certainly can wait if I know it's coming.

Hey there, great Update, I'm excited!

Is there a specific order of installation though?

Has Update 3.0 to be installed BEFORE White March 2 ?

Or doesn't it matter at all?

Would White March 2 also work without Update 3.0?

Edited by Fluffle

"Loyal Servant of His Most Fluffyness, Lord Kerfluffleupogus, Devourer of the Faithful!"

ringoffireresistance.gif *wearing the Ring of Fire Resistance* (gift from JFSOCC)

Downloaded and ready to go!!! thanks for awesomesausce.... and make sure that Justin gets a high five for the music score for the trailer... damn, it is good

Thanks :D The song in the background was a collaboration between Josh and I. I wanted to write a folk song set in the world of Eora, and Josh came up with the idea of making it about Ondra and Abydon. Really happy with the way it turned out.

• Like 7

Hey there, great Update, I'm excited!

Is there a specific order of installation though?

Has Update 3.0 to be installed BEFORE White March 2 ?

Or doesn't it matter at all?

Would White March 2 also work without Update 3.0?

You should definitely update the base game, and part I before installing part II.

Downloaded and ready to go!!! thanks for awesomesausce.... and make sure that Justin gets a high five for the music score for the trailer... damn, it is good

Thanks :D The song in the background was a collaboration between Josh and I. I wanted to write a folk song set in the world of Eora, and Josh came up with the idea of making it about Ondra and Abydon. Really happy with the way it turned out.

Just curious, is there soundtrack from WM I and II available somehow? I have the OG due to KS and i also KSed the expansion, but I cannot find any mention of WM soundtrack, even when looking through available DLs on Steam.

Just curious, is there soundtrack from WM I and II available somehow? I have the OG due to KS and i also KSed the expansion, but I cannot find any mention of WM soundtrack, even when looking through available DLs on Steam.

You can find the musics as ogg files in the game data... but not the 'WM2 Trailer song'.

path is : Pillars of Eternity\PillarsofEternity_Data\data\audio\mus\ 

PX1_mus and PX2_mus are respective folders for WM Part.1 and WM Part.2 musics.

The patching nightmare again...

Pillars of Eternity: The White March - Part 1 patch log
File not found (for patching): C:\GOG Games\Pillars of Eternity\PillarsOfEternity_data\assetbundles\prefabs\objectbundle\construct_flesh_armor.unity3d

Yeah, so I just gave up and got myself GOG Galaxy to do the patching by itself. Didn't want to do it, but saves me the nerves.

• Like 1

It would be of small avail to talk of magic in the air...