Wow as if Fighters weren't already amazing. Here are the new abilities I've seen so far on fighters. I've barely looked through the classes but fighters seem to have gotten some of the best. 

Fearless - level 7 - Immune to Frightened and Terrified. This is amazing against some enemies, dragons anyone? But I doubt I'll ever take it. My priest can simply cast Prayer Against Fear.

Charge - level 13 - Wow. This ability is FAST you fly right through enemies to any mob within 10m and it deals a nice chunk of damage. Extremely useful imo. You can get around the battlefield in a flash to protect allies, get to priority targets quickly, etc, etc.

Triggered Immunity - I haven't tested this but it sounds ridiculous. If I am interpreting this right, then any damage that hits for 10% or more of your total endurance, your immune to for 15 seconds, and it can trigger twice per encounter. I *think* that the description that reads slash damage is just an example. If so this is godly, if it is only slash, forget it ofc.

This is going to give me a real headache! Charge is very nice, but I do love me some Sundering Blow. I feel like in most builds though I will just rely on other avenues of DR reduction and take charge. Its so just fun!

Everyone please tell about your experiences.

Also noticed rogues got a new ability, Permanent Distraction. So basically a rogue can now get two qualifiers for sneak attack totally by themselves just by flanking an enemy, and apply a nice debuff while at it. Zoinks.

• Like 1

I think Charge is actually pretty bad unless you have a dedicated backline killer fighter, because usually you want to keep your fighter between the enemy and your backline but charging would mean going through the enemies. Some enemies already ignore frontliners pretty hard and by charging through them they don't even have to walk around you.

But I really need those new Barbarian abilities!

10-15 raw retaliate on melee hit and killing blows having no recovery sounds sweet.

Edit: Hand of Weal and Woe and Ectopsychic Echo keep working when you leave the initial range of the spell when it is cast.

Edited by limaxophobiacq

it's 8-12 base i think and that sounds pretty damn good. but really? reset on kill sounds good? i thought it's utter and total garbage what am i missing here? Also frigging Echoing shout thingy and it's daze. Dragon leap already has daze did barbarian really need another one? also the bounce is pretty hard to aim because you don't get the ground marker for that.

Edited by Francis Ironwood

Rangers got an interesting one for firearms. It's a modal that makes you shoot in a cone dealing burn damage. The cone size depends on the firearm you use. Blunderbuss has a short and wide, pistol and arquebus have longer but narrower one. It also blinds you for a while when you shoot for some reason. Rangers also got a heal pet and revive pet (i think those are new) and feign death for the pet also.

• Like 1

What about my rogue? :(

Shadow Step: Teleport to another possition on the battlefield, and then automatically teleport back to where you started after 'a few moments'. 1 per encounter.

Feign Death: Like the Play Dead ability ranger has for its pet but for the rogue itself. 1 per encounter.

Constant Distraction: When rogue is flanking someone, they are also automatically distracted. Passive.

^ Pretty sweet stuff.

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

i don't get Shadow Step. What are you supposed to use it for? You can't use it to escape because you'll just teleport back to where you started and you can't really use it to get to the backlines because again you'll teleport back to where you started. How long does it take before you teleport back and what can you accomplish in that time?

Also didn't Feign Death make you invisible when you get up? and it's per encounter? Backstabbing for everyone?

Edited by Francis Ironwood

Fighter also got Overbearing Guard talent - a passive which will kick prone disengaging enemies. Pretty good stuff.

QJSjzV8.png

Edited by MaxQuest