PoE Cannot load save.

LightLance

Question

Same here. Manually updated my GOG 2.7.0.13 to 2.8.0.14 & now old save games are broken. Started new game & that worked, but now when I tried to reload even those I CTD. Vsync on/off irrelevant. Just great GOG - fabulous patch job! Now I have to spend a couple hours reinstalling base game + a half dozen incremental patches to 2.7. Should have just bought it on Steam, bleh.

The game seems to be having trouble deleting some temporary files.  Try running it as an administrator (locate PillarsOfEternity.exe, right-click it, and select 'Run as Administrator')

And this also dos't help. :(

@LightLance: You can try deleting the temporary data yourself - delete the folder "C:\Users\\AppData\LocalLow\Obsidian Entertainment\Pillars of Eternity\CurrentGame".  Doing this once may fix the issue if there is corrupt data in there, but it is possible you'll need to do it before loading any game if your OS is doing something unusual.  We'll work on a fix for 3.02.

EDIT: by the way, if you can ZIP that folder up before you delete it and post it, it might help us track down exactly what's wrong.

@Others: As Aarik said, please upload an output log so we can check if you are actually having the same issue. See his signature for instructions on this.

• Like 1