Like last time, I'll list the new spells. They're some really fun ones here! I used my Watcher for the Priest spells. Symbol of Skaen might be exclusive to Skaenites. I can't be bothered checking Durance at the moment, but if anyone can check the other deities for me, that would be great.

Priest Spells

Litany against Minor Afflictions

4th level Priest Spell

Speed: Fast

Range: 5m

Effects:

Friendly Target:

Immunity to Blinded, Hobbled, Frightened, Distracted, Dazed, Confused, Prone, Stuck, Sickened for 20.0 sec

Grants a single ally temporary immunity to Blinded, Confused, Dazed, Distracted, Frightened, Hobbled, Prone, Sickened, and Stuck afflictions.

Litany against Major Afflictions

6th level Priest Spell

Effects:

Friendly Target:

Immunity to Charmed, Terrified, Stunned, Petrified, Paralyzed, Dominated, Weakened for 20.0 sec

Grants a single ally temporary immunity to the Charmed, Dominated, Paralyzed, Petrified, Stunned, Terrified, and Weakened afflictions.

Hand of Weal and Woe

8th level Priest Spell

Duration: 10 sec

Effects:

Foe Target:

25 Burn Damage | Accuracy (+10) vs. Reflex per 1.0 sec

Friendly Target:

+25 Endurance per 1.0 sec

Foe Beam:

Applies the same effect as Foe Target.

Friendly Beam:

Applies the same effect as Friendly Target.

The priest calls form a beam of light that heals allies and burns enemies caught in the ray.

Symbol of Skaen

8th level Priest Spell

Speed: Average

Range: 3m

Area of Effect: 2.5m Radius

AoE Duration: 20 sec

Effects:

Foe AoE:

15-25 Pierce Damage | Accuracy vs. Deflection

If successful: Hobbled for 3.0 sec | Accuracy vs. Reflex

Emblazons the ground with the symbol of Skaen, periodically causing Pierce damage to enemies in the area and leaving them Hobbled.

Watchful Guardian

8th level Priest Spell

Area of Effect: 5.0m Radius

Effects:

Friendly AoE:

Revive with 75 Endurance on Unconscious

The priest's faith becomes a wellspring of indomitability for his or her allies. When an affected ally is knocked unconscious in battle, he or she will immediately be revived and have some Endurance healed.

Druid Spells

Form of the Delemgan

4th level Druid Spell

Area of Effect: 3.0m Radius

Effects:

Friendly AoE:

+5 Damage Reduction (Pierce, Corrode, Crush, Shock, Slash), + 25 Defense when Disengaging, Form of the Delemgan for 20.0 sec, Immunity to Stuck for 20 sec

Allies gain a protective layer of wooden "skin" and are imbued with characteristics of delemgan, becoming faster, less vulnerable to Disengagment attacks, and immune to the Stuck affliction.

Avenging Storm

8th level Druid Spell

Effects:

Foe characters hitting Caster (20.0 sec):

20-30 Shock Damage | Accuracy vs. Reflex

If successful: Stunned for 0.8 sec | Accuracy vs. Fortitude

Foe characters hit by Caster (20.0 sec):

Applies the same effect as Foe characters hitting Caster (20.0 sec).

The druid makes himself or herself a conduit for the power of a storm. Any target they strike in melee, or who strikes them in melee, is attacked by a bolt of lightning.

Fire Stag

8th level Druid Spell

Speed: Slow

Range: 6m

Duration: 35 sec

Effects:

Summon:

Stag

The druid coalesces tiny nature spirits into the form of a great stag made of flame. The stag leaves a trail of fire wherever it runs. The spirits inside can be made to disperse violently, destroying the stag but doing Fire or Pierce damage to anyone caught in the blast.

Tornado

8th level Druid Spell

On Bounce: -50% damage

Area of Effect: Length: 40m, bounces up to 3 times

Interrupt: 0.5 sec (Average)

Effects:

Target:

45-55 Crush Damage, Prone for 5.0 sec | Accuracy (+10) vs. Fortitude

Conjures a destructive vortex of wind that can launch people into the air, knock victims Prone, and inflict Crush damage on everyone it touches.

Cipher Powers

Going Between

Requires 40 Focus.

Range: 10m

Effects:

Allied Target:

+25% of incoming Crits converted to Hits, +25% of incoming Hits converted to Grazes,

+25% of incoming Grazes converted to Misses, +3 Move Speed for 30.0 sec

An ally superficially takes on the form of a spirit. Their movement is increased and many incoming Crits, Hits, and Grazes are converted to a less severe result.

Defensive Mindweb

Requires 80 Focus.

Speed: Instant

Aura Range: 3m

Effects:

Friendly Aura:

Defensive Mindweb for 30.0 sec

By linking his or her mind with those of nearby allies, the caster creates a series of defensive links between them. All allies in the mindweb use the best defense of anyone in the web.

Reaping Knives

Requires 80 Focus.

Range: 2m

Effects:

Allied Target:

Summon Weapon: Reaping Knives, Summon Weapon: Reaping Knives for 30.0 sec

The cipher uses an ally's soul to create "blades" of pure energy that emerge from both hands. The blades do Raw damage and generate Focus for the cipher who created them.

Wizard Spells

Pull of Eora

4th level Wizard Spell

Area of Effect: 2.5m Radius

AoE Duration: 15 sec

Effects:

AoE: -1 Move Speed for 5.0 sec, 6.0m Pull | Accuracy (+10) vs. Fortitude

The wizard summons a black sphere that draws all nearby enemies toward it each time it pulses.

Maura's Writhing Tentacles

4th level Wizard Spell

Range: 6m

Duration: 15 sec

Effects:

Summon: 3 Tentacle

Summons a trio of powerful tentacles that cannot move, but can inflict Crush and Corrode damage and the Stuck affliction on anyone they hit.

Form of the Helpless Beast

5th level Wizard Spell

Effects:

Foe Target: Helpless Beast Form | Accuracy (+10) vs. Fortitude

Transforms a single kith enemy (aumaua, dwarf, elf, godlike, human or orlan) into a pig. The pig has very poor defenses but can move quickly.

Caedebald's Blackbow

8th level Wizard Spell

Effects:

Caster: Summon Weapon: Caedebald's Blackbow for 45.0 sec

The wizard summons a frightful bow that does Corrode damage to enemies and leaves them Terrified. Each bolt of energy the wizard fires bounces to one additional target.

Kalakoth's Freezing Rake

8th level Wizard Spell

Range: 8m

Area of Effect: Length: 5m

Effects:

Target: 60-75 Freeze Damage | Accuracy (+15) vs. Reflex

If successful: Weakened for 8.0, Hobbled for 8.0 sec | Accuracy (+15) vs. Fortitude

A ghostly, skeletal hand rakes across the area, doing Freeze damage to enemies in the area, leaving them Weakened and Hobbled.

Llengrath's Superior Elemental Bulwark

8th level Wizard Spell

Effects:

Caster: 100-pt Burn Damage Shield, 100-pt Freeze Damage Shield, 100-pt Shock Damage Shield,

100-pt Corrode Damage Shield for 30.0 sec

The wizard is protected by elemental shield that guard him or her against Burn, Corrode, Freeze, and Shock damage until they are overwhelmed or the duration expires.

Major Grimoire Imprint

8th level Wizard Spell

Effects:

Foe Target: Steals 3 spells of Level 7 or lower for 60.0 sec | Accuracy (+10) vs. Fortitude

Allows the wizard to temporarily "borrow" druid, priest, or wizard spells of 7th level or lower. For a short duration, the wizard can cast the stolen spells freely.

Minoletta's Piercing Sigil

8th level Wizard Spell

Effects:

Characters hitting Caster (20.0 sec):

18-25 Pierce Damage, 3.0m Push | Accuracy (+10) vs. Deflection

If successful Stunned for 1.5 sec | Accuracy (+10) vs. Fortitude

The wizard invokes the sigil of the famed Vailian wizard Minoletta. When he or she is struck in melee, the sigil retaliates with Pierce damage, pushing the target back and leaving them Stunned.

Wall of Many Colors

8th level Wizard Spell

Range: 12m

Area of Effect: 20m Wall

Duration: 12 sec

Effects:

Oh dear god no. I'll edit it in later.

Summons a scintillating wall of varied colors that inflicted varied damage and afflictions on enemies passing through it.

Wilting Wind

8th level Wizard Spell

Area of Effect: 4.0m

Effects:

AoE: 50-60 Raw Damage, Weakened for 12.0 sec | Accuracy (+10) vs. Fortitude

A parching wind blows across the battlefield, inflicting Raw damage on anyone in the area and leaving them Weakened.

Chanter Phrases

Mercy and Kindness Followed Where'er She Walked

Duration: 6.0 sec

Linger: 6.0 sec

Friendly Aura: +100% Healing received for 18.0 sec

All allies receive more Endurance from healing effects.

With All Your Strength Slay the Beast

Friendly Aura: +20 Accuracy against Beasts, +30% Daamage against Beast for 18.0 sec

The chanter increases allies' Accuracy and Damage against all enemies of the Beast type.

Chanter Spells

Rejoice, My Comrades! Two Fingers of Daylight!

2nd level Chanter Spell

Requires 4 phrases chanted

Area of Effect: Length: 30m, bounces up to 3 times

Effects:

Friendly Target: +30 Endurance, Immunity to Frightened, Terrified for 20.0 sec

The chanter creates two bouncing beams of pure light that restore Endurance and grant immunity to Frightened and Terrified on all allies stuck by them.

Called to His Bidding, the Ancient Instruments of Death

5th level Chanter Spell

Requires 7 phrases chanted

Duration: 45 sec

Effects:

Summon: Animated Great Sword, Animated Pike, Animated War Bow

The chanter summons a collection of ancient weapons to attack his or her foes.

Boil Their Flesh From Skin to Bone

5th level Chanter Spell

Requires 7 phrases chanted

Are aof Effect: Length: 3.0m 90° Cone

Effects:

Foe AoE: 30-45 Raw Damage, Destroyed | Accuracy vs. Reflex

AoE: 30-42 Corrode Damage, Sickened (Poison) for 10.0 sec | Accuracy (+10) vs. Fortitude

This ghastly invocation causes victims' bodies and souls to rapidly dissolve, doing Raw damage to enemies caught in its path.

*whew* That's all of them, they sure added a lot. There's probably some hidden Wizard spells to find as well.

EDIT: Symbol of Skaen is exclusive to Skaen Priests. Durance got Symbol of Magran instead, which deals Burn damage and inflicts Blind (Dang it, he got the better deal). If anyone wants to post the other variants, you're more than welcome to.

Edited by Wolken3156
  • Like 11

With All Your Strength Slay the Beast

Friendly Aura: +20 Accuracy against Beasts, +30% Daamage against Beast for 18.0 sec

The chanter increases allies' Accuracy and Damage against all enemies of the Beast type.

If this stacks with survival bonus dragons are getting a lot less scary.

What's the duration of Going Between power?

Inb4 wizard in plate with shield, buffed with it + Llengrath's Displaced Image + zealous endurance is tough as wall. And than.. Defensive Mindweb! (if focus permits)

Major Grimoire Imprint - Steals 3 spells of Level 7 - "Allows the wizard to temporarily "borrow" druid, priest, or wizard spells of 7th level or lower. For a short duration, the wizard can cast the stolen spells freely." Wow! Just when I thought it would be funny to get Minor Avatar on wizard. To add to Citzal's Martial Power and Lance. Although they probably don't quite stack... Still, cast one per-rest spell, get three for free?

Edited by MaxQuest

Where's the new martial talents :( :( :(

Rogue ranger paladin in particular thx for your awesome post!

I have reputation for having a real strong love for casters.

I might post Paladin and Rogue ones later. Paladins have a pretty funny ability where you can "martyr" an unconscious ally XD

What's the duration of Going Between power?

Inb4 wizard in plate with shield, buffed with it + Llengrath's Displaced Image + zealous endurance is tough as wall. And than.. Defensive Mindweb! (if focus permits)

It says right there, the base value is 30 seconds! Its really amazing power and it only costs 40 focus!

The daggers look like a fun power to cast on a Rogue, though 80 focus is overwhelming.

Edited by Wolken3156

It says right there, the base value is 30 seconds! Its really amazing power and it only costs 40 focus!

Oops, got too excited and overlooked :)

Symbol of Wael inflicts freeze and gives friendlies +30 resistance to charmed/confused/dominated.

Would have liked if it caused confusion instead but can see how that would be a bit OP, but this OTOH feels kind of situational, and in those situations you'd rather cast Prayer Against Treachery.

Also the freeze damage is vs. fortitude which isn't ideal.

Edited by limaxophobiacq

Berath does Corrode and causes Weakened, so it attacks fortitute at the same time as it lowers fortitude, so that each hit makes the next one more likely.

His and Magrans are just clearly better than the Wael and Skaens. Wael seems to get the worst deal, though I haven't checked Eothas.

Edit: Eothas gives +20 to all defenses. WTF? How is +30 vs charmed/confused/dominated remotely balanced vs +20 to all defenses? That's kind of bull****.

Edited by limaxophobiacq

Loaded saves right before the concelhaut fight and then Thaos (PotD) to try out some of the new spells with the help of the console.

Wizards: Best level 8 spells feels like Freezing Rake (I don't really get the AoE though) and Wall of Many Colours, very much worth it on the time to cast vs. effect. Wilting WInd just takes to long, Minolettas Piercing Sigil requires letting your wizard get hit, Imprint is a gamble and a waste of time you could be spending CCing or doing damage. Blackbow might be cool for non-boss encounters if you built around it.

Druids: Stag takes too long to summon and is too fragile. Also why do I have to select it and then activate it's carnage ability that should just be a passive ability for it? Avenging storm I could see for those that use spiritshift a lot but I don't. Tornado has a good effect with high instant damage and prone but the AoE is to thin and really awkward to use, especially if your druid isn't on the front line.

Priests: Since Priest play in a hard fight is to always buff your party and cast any 'Prayer Against' spells that you need before anything else, you're casting 3-4 other spells before you even start to think about casting any of the new level 8 ones since none of them are AoE buffs*. I'd rather cast spells to keep people from going down in the first place than cast Watchful Guardian since IIRC they lose their buffs when they get knocked out and then revive (someone correct me if I'm wrong), but it's a powefull effect. Hand of Weal and Woe is an improved Ectopsychic Echo so of course it's very good, but I didn't get to cast it in either fight because when I was done buffing and throwing down Minor Intercessions for one or two status effects that got through the fights were always over.

*unless you are an Eothasian, in which case you essentially get a Circle of Protection spell that is actually good, and you should probably cast it right after Crowns for the Faithful and whatever Prayer Against spell you need

Edited by limaxophobiacq

Oh and for Ciphers Defensive Mindweb is crazy strong. I used it when one character with Preservation (+50 defenses while prone/stunned) was proned and suddenly everyone had 200+ on all defences. If you use consumables (I don't), you could stack a whole bunch of defensive buffs on a paladin and then your whole party will get those defences and be practically invulnerable.

Reaping Knives might be cool, but if you just build one defence stacker and then cast this your party becomes godlike.

Edited by limaxophobiacq
  • Like 1

I knew that Defensive Mindweb would have some wonky insane high potential. Pretty sure Boeroreorer could make a gimmick build focusing on it.

You could just lug around a Paladin heavily invested in defensive areas and just cast Defensive Mindweb near him. It does cost 80 Focus though, but you can easily earn that much with gear you would have by the time you learn it anyway. Also the range is pretty small, so a melee Cipher is probably ideal.

As for the new non-8th level Wizard spells, the tentacles hit pretty dang hard. Too bad the casting range for them is only a measly 6m, its feels a little restrictive. Enemies also seem to ignore them though, unless they can't attack anyone else. As for the black hole, its kinda cumbersome since it also affects allies. So its heavily favors a ranged heavy playstyle. It does make the fight against everyone's favorite Death Guard a lot easier though. You can easily suck in all the Fampyrs, wall them off with the tentacles and then focus on taking down Raedric.

I haven't had any chance to use the pig polymorph. Could've used it in the new Keep army fight, but the enemies barring the enemy commander are like popcorn. Haven't seen any other kith enemies.

Edited by Wolken3156
  • Like 1

You can also combine one character with high deflection and one with high other defenses, since it takes the best of both.

Have priest cast Minor Avatar for +32 to Fortitude/Reflex/Willpower and wizard with hatchet and shield use Hardened Veil for +75 deflection,, and then Defensive Mindweb gives everyone the Fort/Ref/WIll of the priest and the deflection of the wizard.

• Like 1

Of spellcasters I'd say Druids got the worst deal on the 8th level spells/powers, with Ciphers getting the best.

Druids also didn't get very good 7th level spells, so it's a bit sad for them. For my druids Relentless Storm + Plague of Insects opens every serious fight from level 9 to the end of the game, and I wish they got something that would motivate me to change that on higher levels.

Priests, the AoE buffing class got no new AoE buffs (again unless Eothasian) same as for 7th level spells but I guess AoE buffs stronger than what they already have on levels 4-6 would be crazy. On the other hand Defensive Mindweb is crazy so why not.

Edited by limaxophobiacq

all the missing love for the martials makes me sad :(

But rejoice, my game will be dowloaded in 30 minutes and i will list the new abilities up to level 14 for them.

Its all my fault for only posting the new caster stuff.

I'll post the new Rogue and Paladin stuff later. I want to actually play the game =/

Tornado looked awful in the new skill video. Moves randomly, bounces and hits allies?

It's pretty bad. The damage and prone is decent but being Foe only, AoE having a small width, and moving as a projectile instead of instant hitting everything in AoE makes it quite bad. It's not random though it moves in a straight line and bounces on walls or other impassable terrain.

Why couldn't they just get a big circle-shaped tornado AoE that repeatedly damages and prones people in the area? Basically like Slicken was at release but with some damage.

Edited by limaxophobiacq