US Elections 2016

Gorth

Gentlemen, as of current developments, we have now entered a new stage in politics: Boogergate

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Methinks you've become too complacent with the piss warm pool of western politics, where everyone is disgorged from the same cloning vat and now that something a tad different has appeared everyone is suffering from an acute case of petite bourgeois revulsion.

I wouldn't describe being rather annoyed at this demagogue blowhard as 'bourgeois revulsion'. Pretty sure lower income people aren't entirely meshback boors obsessed with flexing nuts all the time.

It's comedy, sure, but then you end up with Rob Ford.

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I have to say the dislike Trump has of any women questioning him  is palpable 

Especially last night when Megyn Kelly was grilling him...he can see him squirm...he really hates having to answer to a women   :biggrin:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Not really, I think he just dislikes any hard questioning, regardless of who's giving it.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Methinks you've become too complacent with the piss warm pool of western politics, where everyone is disgorged from the same cloning vat and now that something a tad different has appeared everyone is suffering from an acute case of petite bourgeois revulsion.

I wouldn't describe being rather annoyed at this demagogue blowhard as 'bourgeois revulsion'. Pretty sure lower income people aren't entirely meshback boors obsessed with flexing nuts all the time.

It's comedy, sure, but then you end up with Rob Ford.

Look,  I'm not enthralled with Trump and consider the outcome of the elections irrelevant either way. But the way Trump is being criticized rubs me the wrong way, because the same people that attack him in the media (especially his political opponents) are just as racist, narrow minded and imperialist as he is - they just have a better veneer of civility.

Eg: for all his posturing all Hillary's husband did apart from banging his secretary was to feed the war in former Yugoslavia and increase the body count while endorsing racism and discrimination that wouldn't be out of place in Hitler's Germany against my country. The same CNN that's "horrified" with Trump, has been encouraging demolishing other nations "for their own good" for years.

So I fail to see the democrats as the "better side of American politics", in fact I see them as worse because the pretense of civility and humanism they wear makes it that much more bitter to watch. Trump is a ****, but at least he's not pretending. 

Also this:

The Republican establishment as reflected in Mitt Romney and others is absolutely desperate to stop Donald Trump. But what really is underneath it all is the fact that Trump does not adhere to the Republican Orthodoxy: ‘they’ve never met a war they didn’t like.’ It is true that there are hawks within the Republican Party who are dismayed by the fact that Donald Trump rightly points out that the war in Iraq was a disaster in everyone’s light. And they are disconcerted by the fact that he is willing to criticize predecessors like George W. Bush, and frankly, rightly so. America lost four trillion dollars in the war in Iraq and we left a quarter of a million of our young men and women with permanent brain abnormalities because of injuries they suffered in that war. At least there is one Republican candidate who is willing to actually address those issues which has caused the hawks a great deal of consternation.

RT: After Donald Trump and Fox news journalist Megyn Kelly’s previous meeting, comedians and politicians alike have taken quite a few shots at Trump. What should we expect further

Richard Spencer from Radix Journal: I think we’re going to expect fireworks. In fact the mainstream media, the so-called conservative movements and the Republican Party have all declared war on Donald Trump. It was a silent war for many months, now it is an explicit war. They want anyone but Trump; they want anyone else in the Republican Party to win this nomination. It doesn’t matter if Rubio is a moderate and Ted Cruz is an extreme Libertarian or something. They want anyone but Trump because Trump actually represents a different ideology from traditional American conservatism. Trump actually represents something closer to European nationalism. It is a version of the right that is “let’s look at the Americans first, let’s use the government to help the American people, let’s actually have friendly relations with great powers like Russia as opposed to: let’s democratize the world through bombing raids.” So Trump really represents something different. He represents a challenge to the status quo. And that is why the conservative movement, the Republican Party, the mainstream media are all out to get him.

Edited by Drowsy Emperor

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

Not really, I think he just dislikes any hard questioning, regardless of who's giving it.

Oh yes he does dislike any hard questioning but its particularly vexing for him when someone like Megyn Kelly questions him ....you  should go back and watch all the debates he has with her  and look at his facial expressions....the contempt and annoyance he has for her is not normal, its very funny  :teehee:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

As ugly as that debate was I'd like to point out that no one on that stage last night was under investigation by the FBI. Or likely to be indicted soon.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

As ugly as that debate was I'd like to point out that no one on that stage last night was under investigation by the FBI. Or likely to be indicted soon.

Yeah, I'll wait for the actual news on it instead of speculation though.  

In related news:

http://nypost.com/2016/03/03/why-85000-people-are-calling-for-bill-clintons-arrest/

People are certainly afroth over the Clintons and Trump.  

I'm having a real hard time dealing with the fact that the next President of the US will be Hillary Clinton, Bernie Sanders, Marco Rubio, Ted Cruz, or Donald Trump. This is it? This is the best a country of 318 Million could produce? We are f----d. No seriously, we are so f----d.

This would be a time to be grateful for the separation of powers but three of those five don't seem to believe that is a real thing. And the current president surely does not because he has spent the last 7 years undermining it with the complitcy of the goddamned democrats in Congress.

Edited by Guard Dog

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

"I have to say the dislike Trump has of any women questioning him  is palpable 

Especially last night when Megyn Kelly was grilling him...he can see him squirm...he really hates having to answer to a women   happy0203.gif"

Oh stop that sexist garabge./ Trump attacks ayone who  asks/debates with him. That is just the way the douchebag is. Not everythijng is sexist.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I'm having a real hard time dealing with the fact that the next President of the US will be Hillary Clinton, Bernie Sanders, Marco Rubio, Ted Cruz, or Donald Trump. This is it? This is the best a country of 318 Million could produce? We are f----d. No seriously, we are so f----d.

This would be a time to be grateful for the separation of powers but three of those five don't seem to believe that is a real thing. And the current president surely does not because he has spent the last 7 years undermining it with the complitcy of the goddamned democrats in Congress.

It's as if someone dared Trump to run for President as a joke and he's decided, why not? And now he's enjoying the limelight and having a good old ride on the election train. It's almost like Trump is trolling us but it's gone so far he can't back out. I'm just waiting for the inevitable train wreck to happen, although some people might think this election is a train wreck already.

Edited by Hiro Protagonist

Trump seems to have changed his position now in favor of H1-B visas, very disappointing.

WOD, this should be good practice.

You need to prepare yourself for a lot a disappointments if Trump becomes the US president  happy0203.gif

Problem is, the other guys are even worse.

Trump seems to have changed his position now in favor of H1-B visas, very disappointing.

He quickly reiterated that he was talking about high skilled immigration and not about H1-B visas. Take it as you will. Politicians gonna politick and all that (thinking about Rubio and Cruz and how they increased the number of such visas).

But Kelly asked him about H1B's, and he said he's changed his position. Also he said similar things about H1B's and Zuckerman before. Besides, he didn't seem to have read his position on his own website. It's forming a pattern now : http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/432347/trump-backs-increased-immigration

Edit: Here's a similar view (where I got the first link), this guy I trust most on all immig issues: http://www.kausfiles.com/2016/03/04/harmonic-convergence-of-paranoia/

Edited by Wrath of Dagon

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

Ben Carson is officially out now. He is an altogether descent and intelligent man. He just does not have the charisma and political savvy to be President right now. Good luck to him and I'm sure we haven't heard the last from him. http://www.politico.com/story/2016/03/ben-carson-announces-campaign-is-suspended-220281

Edited by Guard Dog

Thomas Sowell

"I have to say the dislike Trump has of any women questioning him  is palpable 

Especially last night when Megyn Kelly was grilling him...he can see him squirm...he really hates having to answer to a women   happy0203.gif"

Oh stop that sexist garabge./ Trump attacks ayone who  asks/debates with him. That is just the way the douchebag is. Not everythijng is sexist.

No, its more than his normal disdain  for anyone who questions him. Thats why he refused to attend the last Fox News  Iowa Debate 

http://www.ohio.com/news/break-news/trump-refuses-to-participate-in-gop-debate-calls-fox-s-megyn-kelly-a-lightweight-1.657687

John Milton 

Now that the "GOP is at war with Trump"  it becomes even more obvious that he's the best candidate. When the likes of Bush, Mitt Romney and McCain are criticizing you its practically a compliment

Edited by Drowsy Emperor

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

Can't believe I hadn't seen this. One of very few Trump memes that actually got me to laugh out loud. 

Okay that is one of the funniest things I've seen :lol: :lol:

John Milton