US Elections 2016

Gorth

11813521_1019238971443701_87596215037212

Of course admiring someone does not mean you agree with every dumbs--t stupid thing they ever said. But I'm sure you can see the double standard here. If Hillary had an R after her name this would have been the lead story in every newspaper. They excoriated Trump for not even knowing who David Duke was.  

I'd be curious for the source for that quote; I'm pretty sure that its part of attempts to associate Sanger with an article written in 1933 in Birth Control Review that shares similarities with this quote, the problem is that Sanger didn't write it, nor was she quoted in it (and that exact line doesn't match).

When opening a clinic in Harlem, she had African-American doctors on the board and sought the support (and received it) of W.E.B. Du Bois.  She took great pains when working with a project to deliver birth control to poor African-Americans to make sure that it was understood that this wasn't a "sterilization" campaign.  Reportedly she wouldn't tolerate anyone refusing to work across "race lines" and received great praise from Martin Luther King in 1966.

If you want to criticize Sanger, I think it'd be easier to do so for her support of negative eugenics.

Nice.

dont-believe-everything-you-see-on-the-i

• Like 3

Yep, I mentioned that here yesterday. Thanks for the video confirmation, though.

Edited by Bartimaeus

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Yep, I mentioned that here yesterday. Thanks for the video confirmation, though.

Please change your avatar. I read everything you say in distraught Lisa's voice.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I concerns me that all of the "not Trump" candidates agree Donald winning would not be a good thing. Yet none of them are willing to step back and consolidate their support behind just one "not trump" candidate. It worries me when someone wants power so badly they'll burn down the world as long as they can be king of the ashes. 

(Yes I stole that line, but it was a good one!)

oVyftuY.jpg

- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

What's wrong with that? Makes me want to keep using it even more if it's causing that effect on people... :p

• Like 1

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Hillary is bad, but every time I see her Gaddafi video I also think of this:

That's just a calculated way of building up his votes by bragging. Many people are susceptible to ineccessant and extravagant bragging because they see it as a sign of confidence, and over time even believe some of it. Just because he said it doesn't mean he believes his own bull****.

He's got nothing on her spontaneous outburst of psychopathy

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

That's just a calculated way of building up his votes by bragging. Many people are susceptible to ineccessant and extravagant bragging because they see it as a sign of confidence, and over time even believe some of it. Just because he said it doesn't mean he believes his own bull****.

"He bull****s on purpose, so he shouldn't be held accountable for bull****ting"?

• Like 1

There is no Trump. There is only bull****.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

And not just the Yahoo's like WoD, but the former senate majority leaders.

The latter is more likely to be a troll than the former, these days...

I'm quite sure Trump will win. GOP was far too late and far too divided in organising itself to attack Trump seriously, when they should have organised their richest donors and heaviest weights to assassinate his character a long time ago. The only remaining option, especially now after tuesday results, is to basically game the system, prevent his 51% and then have delegates pick - a move that would be almost as scandalous as a Trump nomination itself (not because it's new but because it's so blatant).

Seeing how you're a moderator, may be you should do something about the insult instead of quoting it.

I think Trump paid Romney to attack him.

I just found the running mate for Trump: http://www.texastribune.org/2016/03/02/newly-elected-gop-chair-texas-capitol/

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

Trump seems to have changed his position now in favor of H1-B visas, very disappointing.

WOD, this should be good practice.

You need to prepare yourself for a lot a disappointments if Trump becomes the US president  :biggrin:

Edited by BruceVC

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

And not just the Yahoo's like WoD, but the former senate majority leaders.

The latter is more likely to be a troll than the former, these days...

I'm quite sure Trump will win. GOP was far too late and far too divided in organising itself to attack Trump seriously, when they should have organised their richest donors and heaviest weights to assassinate his character a long time ago. The only remaining option, especially now after tuesday results, is to basically game the system, prevent his 51% and then have delegates pick - a move that would be almost as scandalous as a Trump nomination itself (not because it's new but because it's so blatant).

Seeing how you're a moderator, may be you should do something about the insult instead of quoting it.

I think Trump paid Romney to attack him.

I just found the running mate for Trump: http://www.texastribune.org/2016/03/02/newly-elected-gop-chair-texas-capitol/

“We will explore every single option that exists, whether it be persuading him to resign, trying to force him to resign, constraining his power, removing his ability to spend money or resisting any attempt for him to access data or our social media account,” Mackowiak told the Tribune. “I’m treating this as a coup and as a hostile takeover.”

“Tell them they can go **** themselves,” Morrow told the Tribune.

Oh my, he sounds like that he's straight outta /pol/.

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

Trump seems to have changed his position now in favor of H1-B visas, very disappointing.

He quickly reiterated that he was talking about high skilled immigration and not about H1-B visas. Take it as you will. Politicians gonna politick and all that (thinking about Rubio and Cruz and how they increased the number of such visas).

Best presidential debate evar.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fjd7dtu4gHo

I hope Marco Rubio and Ted Cruz will stick around in the race for as long as possible!

Dear lord :lol:

//edit: Well, this was kind of surprising: https://twitter.com/Snowden/status/703733273504018432

Edited by Meshugger

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

He quickly reiterated that he was talking about high skilled immigration and not about H1-B visas. Take it as you will. Politicians gonna politick and all that (thinking about Rubio and Cruz and how they increased the number of such visas).

H-B1 visas are meant to be way for companies hire foreign workers to jobs when they can't find American workers. So they are meant to bring high skilled people, but lots of companies are criticized to use them mostly to cut costs. So I would be bit skeptic how Trump plans to change that.

Edited by Elerond

"He bull****s on purpose, so he shouldn't be held accountable for bull****ting"?

The easiest way to hold him accountable is not to vote for him. Other than that he did nothing illegal.

Neither did Hillary, but my point was that her outburst speaks of her true character whereas he's not hiding anything in that regard. He's a showman who knows his act and audience. Even so, he isn't an advocate of wars and mass murder like she is.

Methinks you've become too complacent with the piss warm pool of western politics, where everyone is disgorged from the same cloning vat and now that something a tad different has appeared everyone is suffering from an acute case of petite bourgeois revulsion. 

Edited by Drowsy Emperor
  • Like 1

The easiest way to hold him accountable is not to vote for him. Other than that he did nothing illegal.

Neither did Hillary, but my point was that her outburst speaks of her true character whereas he's not hiding anything in that regard. He's a showman who knows his act and audience. Even so, he isn't an advocate of wars and mass murder like she is.

Methinks you've become too complacent with the piss warm pool of western politics, where everyone is disgorged from the same cloning vat and now that something a tad different has appeared everyone is suffering from an acute case of petite bourgeois revulsion. 

Its true, you really dont have a clue about how US politics works 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Its true, you really dont have a clue about how US politics works 

"Away from me you beggar!" - generic Baldur's Gate noble

Edited by Drowsy Emperor
  • Like 1