US Elections 2016

Gorth

Okay, so the latest news of any interest is that neocon - or "liberal interventionist" - extraordinaire Robert Kagan (whose wife is the equally infamous Victoria Nuland) has jettisoned from the GOP and officially endorsed Hillary Clinton.

Flashback to 2014, when Rubio became the anointed candidate of the neocons. Even then, the signs were there that they would jump ship to Clinton.

But don't take it from me, here's Rand Paul saying Clinton and Rubio are two birds of a feather on foreign policy.

Naturally, this has lead to more spotlight on Hillary's lifelong dedication to the neocon cause.

Still, Bernie Sanders offers only very mild criticism on Hillary's so-called foreign policy experience. I really wonder what will happen with the Democratic party in the next few years. Their primaries have been almost completely devoid of any serious disagreements or arguments, compared to the what has happened on the Republican side. I think Bernie Sanders could have won if he had been more aggressive in denouncing Hillary. As things are, he is still using kiddie gloves when discussing how Hillary is bought and paid for by special interests. The fact that Republicans make so much better anti-Hillary ads than the Bernie folks do is depressing, especially since those will dry up now, with the rise of Trump.

Attacking Hilary would go against what Sanders' strategy. As he has stated from beginning of his campaign that he will not smear other candidates but tries to win what he has to offer. Hillary gets run quite freely with his foreign policy expertise because Sanders has even less and his focus is in domestic politics.  

Although Sanders strategy not attack his opposition has worked quite well for him, because it was something fresh in US politics and his opponents that attacked him suffered because of those attacks instead of him. I would say that Sanders would not be as serious contender as he is without that strategy.

And GOP side the leading candidate is one that owns every attack against him and makes them seem as his strengths. Which is caused that more Trumps opposition smears him more popular Trump becomes.  

You can see Clinton's expertise in politics how she has adopted Sanders like strategy to avoid direct smear towards Sanders and how she has also adopted lots of things from his campaign so that it don't look so unique anymore. Especially as said adoption strategy seems to work for her quite well.

Also foreign policy is not Sanders strong point...he doesn't have too much insight on these types of matters

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Everyone's making far too much fuss over Trump. Even if he wins, the president is just the public face of the government - he's by no means the sole decision maker, maybe not even the most relevant one at that. And Trump, as a businessman and a millionaire is certainly not going to rock the boat in any significant way.

He's just using strong rhetoric as an election strategy, to set himself apart from the other candidates.

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

Everyone's making far too much fuss over Trump. Even if he wins, the president is just the public face of the government - he's by no means the sole decision maker, maybe not even the most relevant one at that. And Trump, as a businessman and a millionaire is certainly not going to rock the boat in any significant way.

He's just using strong rhetoric as an election strategy, to set himself apart from the other candidates.

Yes but he can still do some serious damage to the perception of the USA that people have...this is irritating and takes years to undo

Already most people in SA think " the support for Trump and his offensive and racist comments is actually what all Americans have always thought.,..now we seeing the the real face of the USA ".....its complete BS but people think that

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Okay, so the latest news of any interest is that neocon - or "liberal interventionist" - extraordinaire Robert Kagan (whose wife is the equally infamous Victoria Nuland) has jettisoned from the GOP and officially endorsed Hillary Clinton.

Flashback to 2014, when Rubio became the anointed candidate of the neocons. Even then, the signs were there that they would jump ship to Clinton.

But don't take it from me, here's Rand Paul saying Clinton and Rubio are two birds of a feather on foreign policy.

Naturally, this has lead to more spotlight on Hillary's lifelong dedication to the neocon cause.

Still, Bernie Sanders offers only very mild criticism on Hillary's so-called foreign policy experience. I really wonder what will happen with the Democratic party in the next few years. Their primaries have been almost completely devoid of any serious disagreements or arguments, compared to the what has happened on the Republican side. I think Bernie Sanders could have won if he had been more aggressive in denouncing Hillary. As things are, he is still using kiddie gloves when discussing how Hillary is bought and paid for by special interests. The fact that Republicans make

than the Bernie folks do is depressing, especially since those will dry up now, with the rise of Trump.

Things like Bernie being too soft and not on the attack feeds to my musings about him just being controlled opposition and never really threathening her place as the nominee. But at the same time, he gets almost the same treatment as Ron Paul got back in 2012 by the media (think of the false accusations like the manufactured "BernieBros-scandal"). Maybe the interests just intertwine, or he's just a meek character, who knows. All i can say, i find it amusing that she got 86% of the black vote in South Carolina, compared to someone who actually marched with MLK and got arrested while protesting during the Civil Rights-era, all while she was campaigning for Nixon.

Oh, and Milo thinks that Rubio is a flaming homo. This is hysterical.

The issue with attacking Hillary is that the Clintons are party royalty and an attack on her would trigger a lot of liberals and could potentially hurt him in the primary. I'd say he should do it because framing himself as the crusader for better economic status for the lower classes and Hillary as a Wall Street shill would both weaken her and differentiate him from status quo Democrats. But as you said, he's getting the Ron Paul treatment and the debates are scheduled at times when people aren't likely to watch so perhaps the DNC decided it wants Hillary so perhaps there isn't anything that can change that.

And I asked my friend's roommate if he thought Rubio was gay and he said that Rubio looks like a bottom. Make of that what you will.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Others consider it freedom to be able to choose their own doctor at their own cost and view it as proof that they've "succeeded" to get the special doctors.

The distinction there is probably that they consider it freedom not to have to pay for others' health care as they would have to under a single payer system. I'm not aware of any single payer health care system where there isn't also a parallel private system which people can choose to use if they wish to so they can still choose to see the 'best' doctors under our system here or get elective surgery or whatever else; they can still get the special doctors and special treatment if they are willing to pay for it.

Canada forbids private health care from the same service the public one does. Guess the idea is that the public one will lose talent due to money.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Still, Bernie Sanders offers only very mild criticism on Hillary's so-called foreign policy experience. I really wonder what will happen with the Democratic party in the next few years. Their primaries have been almost completely devoid of any serious disagreements or arguments, compared to the what has happened on the Republican side. I think Bernie Sanders could have won if he had been more aggressive in denouncing Hillary. As things are, he is still using kiddie gloves when discussing how Hillary is bought and paid for by special interests. The fact that Republicans make

than the Bernie folks do is depressing, especially since those will dry up now, with the rise of Trump.

Things like Bernie being too soft and not on the attack feeds to my musings about him just being controlled opposition and never really threathening her place as the nominee. But at the same time, he gets almost the same treatment as Ron Paul got back in 2012 by the media (think of the false accusations like the manufactured "BernieBros-scandal"). Maybe the interests just intertwine, or he's just a meek character, who knows. All i can say, i find it amusing that she got 86% of the black vote in South Carolina, compared to someone who actually marched with MLK and got arrested while protesting during the Civil Rights-era, all while she was campaigning for Nixon.

Oh, and Milo thinks that Rubio is a flaming homo. This is hysterical.

The issue with attacking Hillary is that the Clintons are party royalty and an attack on her would trigger a lot of liberals and could potentially hurt him in the primary. I'd say he should do it because framing himself as the crusader for better economic status for the lower classes and Hillary as a Wall Street shill would both weaken her and differentiate him from status quo Democrats. But as you said, he's getting the Ron Paul treatment and the debates are scheduled at times when people aren't likely to watch so perhaps the DNC decided it wants Hillary so perhaps there isn't anything that can change that.

And I asked my friend's roommate if he thought Rubio was gay and he said that Rubio looks like a bottom. Make of that what you will.

KP do you think Hilary is a Wall Street shill...thats seems a little unreasonable ?

John Milton 

From The Donald's Art of the Deal.

CcRadFnWEAEBUnz.jpg

He absolutely knows what he's doing.

Sure, Trump knows how to get maximum exposure from the press that generally benefits him and he is a successful businessman

But that doesn't mean  he understands the negative impact of some of his more controversial policies 

John Milton 

South Africa, actually, but your point remains. :)

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

"Already most people in SA think"

It doesn't matter what people in Saudi Arabia think. LMAO

South Africa, actually, but your point remains. :)

:lol:  You guys are funny

But it does matter, the views  of your average South African will be generally  echoed throughout the African  continent

Surly misplaced perspectives about the USA from a whole continent ....thinking how racist the USA is should concern you 

Patriotism  Barti...patriotism Barti. It should matter if Trump is creating  a very bad impression around the USA and its citizens? 

John Milton 

Consideirng the billiojns the US and others have  thrown at Afrika it isn't the US who should be worried about how Afrika 'perceives' them. Fix your own racial issues. LMAO

On top of that, it is funny people whine about the US 'not minding' their business in other coutnries' election but when it comes to Amerikan politics everyone  seems to focus a lot of attention to it like their opinion actually means a thing.

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Bruce, I said it before but I highly doubt most Trump supporters care what anyone, especially non-Americans, thinks about them or Trump

Yeah when his whole campaign runs on premise that we should not care what others think but do what is best for us, I would agree that one probably don't get much response by arguing that such would make USA look bad in eyes of other countries. I would argue that much better strategy would be to point out that what Trump is offering (or not offering) isn't actually that good for USA or its citizens. But it is really impossible to win his supporters over by arguing against the premise that has drawn them to support Trump in first place, I would say.

Vice chairmain of the DNC steps down and endorses Bernie Sanders

“As a veteran, as a soldier, I’ve seen firsthand the true cost of war. … As we look at our choices as to who our next commander in chief will be is to recognize the necessity to have a commander in chief who has foresight. Who exercises good judgment. Who looks beyond the consequences – who looks at the consequences of the actions that they are willing to take before they take those actions. So that we don’t continue to find ourselves in these failures that have resulted in chaos in the Middle East and so much loss of life,”

KP do you think Hilary is a Wall Street shill

Yes.

Edited by KaineParker
  • Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

South Africa, actually, but your point remains. original.gif

laughing.gif  You guys are funny

But it does matter, the views  of your average South African will be generally  echoed throughout the African  continent

Surly misplaced perspectives about the USA from a whole continent ....thinking how racist the USA is should concern you 

Patriotism  Barti...patriotism Barti. It should matter if Trump is creating  a very bad impression around the USA and its citizens?

Do you think they'll start to think of us so negatively they'll stop coming here illegally?
  • Like 1

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

South Africa, actually, but your point remains. original.gif

laughing.gif  You guys are funny

Do you think they'll start to think of us so negatively they'll stop coming here illegally?

Good point WOD and one of the great contradictions that permeates much of this anti-Western sentiment

No of course many people will still criticize the West but will happily immigrate to a Western country  

John Milton