Why is headgear not enchantable?

Because magic applied to headgear interferes with the brain cells of the wearer with an approximately 78% chance of causing permenent brain damage, thus reducing the character's intellect and resolve by 26 to 89 (yes, you read well - 89!) points. Therefore, enchanted headgear is banned Eorawide.

• Like 2

That's not what I'm asking. Anyway, Josh answered my question in the twitch stream:

Mostly just because if we start having... there's nothing that expressly prohibits enchanting helms, it's just that we didn't make recipes for them. Because we wanted to restrict it to armor, specifically, weapons and shields, just because there's a lot of stuff to maintain, once we start opening up every other slot to being enchanted. That's the main reason why, although in the future we might expand that more because I think that we'd used the recipe system and enchantment system enough, that would be very easy to expand. So, it's mostly just a matter of time and not wanting to have like a thousand recipes for every different slot.

I'm glad that the answer is that it was due to development time limitations, and it wasn't balance-related. I really think all types of wearable gear should be enchantable, without stacking of bonuses. However this will most probably necessitate a rebalancing of the possible enchantments, to prevent people from upping their stats so much that the game stops posing a challenge.

Being able to enchant gloves, boots, hats may open opportunities for players to build suits of armor, which some may find fun to do.

I wish for PoE to have a revised crafting and enchantment system, where NPCs are doing the enchanting for the player, instead of it being available anywhere, anytime, through an interface. I can provide solid though longer-winded reasoning for that original.gif

Edited by Gairnulf

A Custom Editor for Deadfire's Data:
eFoHp9V.png

I am thinking it would be nice to be able to move enchants from one item to another. (ofc only if it is from the same slot)

Otherwise it's just /HelmetVisibility False

Who told that it would be for free? original.gif

It could cost double, or even more. A feature for those who want to transfer useful enchants to other items for the looks. Also something to spend that endgame money on.

Edited by MaxQuest

It could cost double, or even more. A feature for those who want to transfer useful enchants to other items for the looks. Also something to spend that endgame money on.

Why would anyone transfer an enchant for double the price when they could enchant the regular way for standard price instead?

It is true that a lot of hats look cheesy, i only use Hoods (sad that there is only one Footpad) and sometimes Stag Helms (mainly on druid/hunter). If there was possibility tomove enchantments and enchant helmets i could still use hoods but with nice enchantments (like +2 Intellect from Ram Helmet).

"Each event is preceded by Prophecy. But without the hero, there is no Event."

-Zurin Arctus, the Underking

Why would anyone transfer an enchant for double the price when they could enchant the regular way for standard price instead?

For two possible reasons. Looks and utility:

- example 1 (looks): you have found a nice full helm with the stats you need, but it doesn't really look well with the robe of your character. (and same with cloaks)

- example 2 (utility): you have found Aila Braccia, but you'd like a large shield with those enchants instead.

Edited by MaxQuest