Josh Sawyer plays White March Part 2 on Twitch tonight

Our small little group of Obsidz fans will ballooooooooooooon tonight. Hey, maybe Avellone can join and give a few insights as well o:)

Only after he delivers that novel. Until then he's stuck to writing duty.

From what i've heard in various interviews Mr Avellone has already completed and delivered the Poe novella, whether it is stuck in editing or needs tweaking because of plot revisions one cannot say, but Obsidian seems to have possessed it for a while.

• Like 1

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

Aw, I had to turn off the sound and I couldn't read the screen for crap. I think that's funny all things considered, but I don't begrudge other folks their day in the sun on this issue, but I never play a murderer, so I won't get to use anything of the sort.

Edited by why

bother?

Oh my god.

A soulbound weapon whose upgrade requirement is killing backer NPCs. I imagine a number of people will be very happy with this.

I'm so happy I can't even write a post...

Although it's a bit like biting the hand that feeds you. ;)

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Oh my god.

A soulbound weapon whose upgrade requirement is killing backer NPCs. I imagine a number of people will be very happy with this.

I wonder, will the backers get a rebate every time their NPC gets butchered?

This made me laugh.  Of course, I don't really think they have a true grievance on the issue since they still got what they bought, but it was funny anyhow.  Fact is, I think the backer NPC issue is kind of crazy, but I can see that it genuinely gets under peoples skins.  I don't have a stake in this fight.  I don't have a backer NPC in the game.  I guess if folks really hate them, now they can get some payback.  I wish I'd been able to hear the chat because I get the feeling the audio banter would have been pretty funny about it.

bother?

Interesting that the Legendary enchantment breaks the pattern established by Fine/Exceptional/Superb. If it had followed the pattern, it would have been +16 Accuracy, +60% damage; instead, it is +15 Accuracy, +55% damage based on the video. To be honest, as you reach level 14-16 your Accuracy is already so high (especially considering how the game is not, in fact, balanced against parties of level 14-16 characters) that you'd probably get more mileage from applying a Lash to a Superb weapon than from upgrading to Legendary. This would have been true with +16 / +60% already, and it's even more so with +15 / +55%.

Josh mentioned a soulbound shield and a soulbound armor, which are going to be quite interesting (although no durgan-refinement for the armor means it's harder to get down to 0 recovery with it so my inner powergamer is skeptic ;) )

Love the double crossbow but I was hoping it would bind to Paladins for double-bolt FoD alpha strike purposes ;)

EDIT: Of course they showed all armor-matching helmets except the one I'm interested in (Sanguine Plate's) :p

Edited by AndreaColombo

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Interesting that when someone asked, "What's beyond Legendary?" Josh said, "There's nothing beyond Legendary that you can enchant."

There may be items with a higher quality enchantment in PX2 even though you can't upgrade any other item to that level. That would make them rather unique indeed.

@lima if you hadn't heard about those helmets before, you can see them here.

• Like 1

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

So what happens with Monk's fists past level 14? Do they get another accuracy and damage bump?

I would expect them to. Same with Spiritshifted Druids' natural weapons.

Guest Matt Sheets

Oh my god.

I'm the one who designed the crossbow and unlock.

Pillars of Eternity was able to be created because of the support from all the backers and fans.

I thought it'd be interesting to have a soulbound weapon that you'd use to hunt down NPCs with strong souls.  That already worked narratively with Backer NPCs, because one of the reasons you can interact and read their soul is they have a strong soul.  

Since that wasn't stated anywhere in the lore, I was able to slyly let players know that Backer NPCs have strong souls and then give the players the option to kill them to level the weapon.  There's also the fall through level-up option that allows you to kill 15 of any type of enemy instead, if you don't want to kill any Backer NPCs.

I enjoy the content and creativity that Backers have added to the game.  I've implemented a few Backer items that missed the deadline for the base game and added them into the first expansion, and those items are some of my favorite items.  There was never any malicious intent when creating the unlock option.
  • Like 12