No option to get Waels Boon?

limaxophobiacq

Question

Wael appeared to me and suggested I scatter the souls but there was never an option to promise to do it and get his boon. Didn't have a boon from any other god.

Seems like this isn't a new problem: https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/80396-you-guys-gotta-tell-me-how-you-got-waels-boon/

https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/79142-the-parable-of-wael-quest-odd-but-not-a-bug-i-guess/

The talent exists but it seems there is no way (other than by console) to get it.

Edited by limaxophobiacq
  • Like 3

9 answers to this question

Yeah, I noticed it too that I could never tell Wael I agreed to his proposal.

Funnily enough, I can pledge to Skaen and get his boon even though your conversation with Skaen only happens after defeating Thaos, so the boon itself is pretty useless (I'm hugely appreciative of the fact that devs bothered to implement it anyway; it helps the feeling of completeness, polish, and attention to detail.)

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Does anyone know if this has been fixed? It's not in the update notes for 3.01, 3.02, or 3.03.

Bump.

Anyone?

Don't be shy.

Step into the light.

I am king under the mountain.

A la tuhuelpa legria macarena que tuhuelce paralla legria cosabuena.

It would be of small avail to talk of magic in the air...

Afraid they said it's intended :(

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Afraid they said it's intended :(

OK, I'm sure this isn't intended, because:

1. Aarik stated already in this very thread that there is/was a bug
  2. There is a boon for every attribute in the game, so it would be off for one not working properly

So, after all this time, is this still broken?

I just spoken to Wael (having no other boon whatsoever) and there was no dialog option to agree to his idea. The conversation simply ended with a 'farewell' and there is no Wael's Boon in my character sheet.

Hey Iimaxophobiacq,

There is actually a bug that was blocking a dialogue option to accept Wael's request, I have put in a bug and added it to our database.

Thanks a bunch! 

Khaaaaaaaan!  :banghead:

Edited by Messier-31