Poor Framerate on an above requirements PC

benjwall

Question

I've been trying to get into Pillars of Eternity unfortunately my computer isn't having it. I'm getting a very poor fps (15-20) even on the splash and menu screens, along with long load times that will crash the game if I click the mouse :

64-bit Windows 10

AMD FX 6300 @ 3.76

Radeon HD7770 @ 2gb

16gb ram

I've tried using the "msaa 0" command, changing the resolution,  but so far the only thing that has shown any improvement was updated my drivers, even then the improvement went away the next time I loaded the game.

What could be the problem?

Thanks

4 answers to this question

Game runs better on computers that have weaker performance on paper than yours, so my guess is that your problems are probably on software side of things like for example you don't have some software components (like for example your visual C++ libraries may not be newest versions or they have some problems [some people have had them causing problems with PoE]) that are needed or possibly you have some background program on your computer that causes problems.

Did you lower the graphic quality in the options->graphics menu? I use an i5-2450M(2.5ghz/3.1ghz turbo dualcore) processor with internal HD3000 graphics 4GB ram and it runs ok on minimum settings. You could try an older driver. Perhaps it's a problem with the new driver.

Game runs better on computers that have weaker performance on paper than yours, so my guess is that your problems are probably on software side of things like for example you don't have some software components (like for example your visual C++ libraries may not be newest versions or they have some problems [some people have had them causing problems with PoE]) that are needed or possibly you have some background program on your computer that causes problems.

Thanks Elerond,

How would I go about updating my C++ libraries? I haven't tried that yet. I do have about 7% cpu being used by system interrupts I haven't been able to figure out yet, but PoE on it's own never uses more than 30% of the processor.

Thanks Elerond,

How would I go about updating my C++ libraries? I haven't tried that yet. I do have about 7% cpu being used by system interrupts I haven't been able to figure out yet, but PoE on it's own never uses more than 30% of the processor.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2977003

There you can download latest versions.

• Like 1