If you augment level 6 cipher cost from 35 to 60 don´t give us +10 focus, give a bit more

fighting high damage reduction enemies like the Adra Animats and the double increase cost makes level 6 spells as if they didn´t exist. You can´t launch not even one in the whole encounter

Just use ST. Ydwen's Rewdeemer. :p

• Like 1

St. Ydwen's Redeemer, man. Is there any problem it can't solve (apart from any problems related to creature types other than Vessel)?

• Like 1

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Part of the solution here is making sure you have at least two damage types available so you can deal with extremely pierce-resistant enemies. I'm waiting to see what new weapons are available with WM II before I make any judgement calls. 

If you're talking about blunderbuss ciphers you can switch to a pistol for high DR opponents, but that doesn't help vs. pierce immune opponents. 

Edited by Dr. Hieronymous Alloy