Let's start a thread about secret talents you can miss, there are 2 in white march for starters

These are from the knife thrower and gambler in the inn keep playing the games

One gives you plus 4 account to daggers and stilletos, other gives you reduced critical when hit!

Gift from the Machine : heritage hill reward if you sacrifice people.

Dungeon Delver OR Wild runner : depending on side you choose in "At the mercy of the tribes" act III quest.

There are 2 others in Act III : one for rescuing the fang girl inside ice temple. And one for giving the 3 birds to the Orlan singer who wants to eat their soul.

Gift from the Machine (Heritage Hill, top of the tower) - As far as I know you can either bring the captives from the fampyr lady or the little girl from the dargul house/crypt. Preconditions: Cruel 1

Effigy's Resentment: <insert official companion here> (Dyrfort, Temple of Skaen, blood pool) - you can sacrifice one of your official companions that are with you. Depending on your choice you get different bonuses. You can look it up in the wiki - those infos seem to be up to date. Preconditions: Cruel 1, official companion in party

You can skip the talents from the Crucible Knights/House Doemenel/The Dozens if you just kill them all without solving the second quest of that faction. I don't know why you want to, but you could. ;) You can then go to the hearings with the support of Dunryd Row - I think there's no special talent reward for that though - other than feeling really badass. ;)

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Gift from the Machine (Heritage Hill, top of the tower) - As far as I know you can either bring the captives from the fampyr lady or the little girl from the dargul house/crypt. Preconditions: Cruel 1

There's np precondition here, but your reputation changes instantly to Cruel 1 if you were neutral before. (nice if you want to do the Effigy's later without effort)

• Like 1

There's np precondition here, but your reputation changes instantly to Cruel 1 if you were neutral before. (nice if you want to do the Effigy's later without effort)

"Tell me again, Aloth, you are a willing servant of the leaden key, aren't you ?"

Oh really? Nice. I always chose this when I already had points in cruel. Good info! 

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

• 1 year later...

Yes, this is what I thought, too. Hmmm, now I am contemplating whether getting to Cruel 1 and losing some Faith and Conviction is worth getting 2 stat points and more from Gift from the Machine and Effigy.

P.S. Anyone tried to kill House of Doemenels? Do you get Cruel 1 from that?

Edited by Lampros

Nope. You only get terrible reputation with House Doemenel. Did it just yesterday. Because they force you into a fight if you are too honest and won't take part in thievery.

Ah, awesome. I am going to wipe them, LOL.

You won't get all their merchant gear if you kill him/her though, right? That would be too broken! ;)

You won't get all their merchant gear if you kill him/her though, right? That would be too broken! ;)

No, you'll miss out on it (unless you kill them after unlocking their merchant and buying it all of course).

I will kill them after unlocking her - just to not miss out on anything good she sells.

Initially, I was going to side with them and kill off one or more of the other houses, since I thought 0.3 crit multiplier was OP. But then I realized that I won't crit nearly as often with a Paladin in PotD (he's averaging 1 percent now - serious), so I'd better choose one of the other two.

Initially, I was going to side with them and kill off one or more of the other houses, since I thought 0.3 crit multiplier was OP. But then I realized that I won't crit nearly as often with a Paladin in PotD (he's averaging 1 percent now - serious), so I'd better choose one of the other two.

You'll crit a lot more later into the game, although outside of Flames of Devotion Paladins aren't exactly crit monsters.

• Like 1

You'll crit a lot more later into the game, although outside of Flames of Devotion Paladins aren't exactly crit monsters.

Yes, I was severely misled by the 90 percent rate on Rogue and 30-40-plus percent I got on all other DPS characters in Normal. PotD is whole different game - though I will buff Accuracy more via talents and gear now.