Obsidian, let Sawyer do his historical rpg

Revan91

I hope its not another cheap lump of atheistic crap, like PoEs main story...

Would it have been better if it was a cheap lump of theistic crap?

Nah, I'd take the otherone any day. :p

Perkele, tiädäksää tuanoini!

"It's easier to tolerate idiots if you do not consider them as stupid people, but exceptionally gifted monkeys."

"I'm ambivalent. It would be a fun setting, maybe, but as a queer lady, I tend to enjoy being able to play as queer ladies, and depending how closely you follow history, that...may not be a playable option. :/"

They should set the game in ancient Greece, China or Japan then.

Problem is Sawyer is obsessed with Darklands and would want to make a boring HRE knockoff.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

"I'm ambivalent. It would be a fun setting, maybe, but as a queer lady, I tend to enjoy being able to play as queer ladies, and depending how closely you follow history, that...may not be a playable option. :/"

Problem is Sawyer is obsessed with Darklands and would want to make a boring HRE knockoff.

Strange, personally playing as a character like myself is the last thing i'd want to do in a piece of roleplaying escapism, I prefer to exercise my imagination and explore a different character.

• Like 2

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

Strange, personally playing as a character like myself is the last thing i'd want to do in a piece of roleplaying escapism, I prefer to exercise my imagination and explore a different character.

No idea what darklands is, but I would play most things that got it's "mood", if not the stting, from old Warhammer source books like "Marienburg - Sold down the River" (old WHFRP)

• Like 2

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

No idea what darklands is, but I would play most things that got it's "mood", if not the stting, from old Warhammer source books like "Marienburg - Sold down the River" (old WHFRP)

• Like 1

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

If someone made a good CRPG out of the Enemy Within campaign...well i'm not sure how i'd provide adequate recompense for that. Of course on the other hand if they ruined the game in the usual modern way, accessibility and such, then i'd call up Papa Nurgle himself to slowly rot the flesh from their bones.

• Like 1

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

I'm not too hots for a "history" RPG that goes too far back in time.

I wouldn't mind an alternative history RPG. Say one that involved a team of time travelers heading back to a specific epoch for some reason. A little advanced technology intermixed with historical realism would make for a more interesting game, I think.

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

I'm not too hots for a "history" RPG that goes too far back in time.

I wouldn't mind an alternative history RPG. Say one that involved a team of time travelers heading back to a specific epoch for some reason. A little advanced technology intermixed with historical realism would make for a more interesting game, I think.

A timetravel RPG I wouldn't mind since there's that overlaying theme; say a game similiar to Chrichton's Timeline, how a modern man can take and cope within the past. That'd propably be cool.

Perkele, tiädäksää tuanoini!

"It's easier to tolerate idiots if you do not consider them as stupid people, but exceptionally gifted monkeys."

"EDIT: Reported, btw."

Reported for being a douche, btw.

As for topic, it could be good, but it would have to be done way better than the lacklustre PE which I haven't even bothered to play the first expansion more than 5 minutes and haven't even bothered to download the 2nd one. This for a game I forked $250 for. L0L

Darklands had potential but the controls were so awful. The character system was awesome, the world map  could be good, etc., but those controls. *shudder* Updated it could be a good play through but I fear the same would happen.  Obsidian would cherry pick the worst of it and ignore the actual good stuff. My 'faith' in Obsidian is at an all time low.  :( :( :(

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I would be interested in this style of game, so I will give the idea of Sawyer doing this my Jazz Seal of Approval.  Well I would if I had one.

"That rabbit's dynamite!" - King Arthur, Monty Python and the Quest for the Holy Grail

"Space is big, really big." - Douglas Adams

You guys do realise that non-hetero sex / relationships etc existed in any number of ways beyond "burn them!" in many cultures and periods of history, right?

Indeed and personally I regard exploring these settings from unusual viewpoints as a desirous thing, the only thing i'd be uncomfortable with is probably the established pederasty of the Spartan state, that would have to be handled extremely delicately and authentically to be done well. However i'd never say such a game should not be made, as i'm not a censorious person, nor do I think it will corrupt the supposedly ignorant masses. If I were too uncomfortable with it i'd simply not buy.

However as I stated earlier, playing as strange and foreign, even alien characters is desirous to me personally. I still long to play an Ork RPG, from humble Boy to terrible Warlord, the dialogue itself would probably be enough to grant it a legendary status if it was on a Relic level.

• Like 1

Tea for the teapot!