Hey guys, I had an idea for a Cipher dps build for 3.0. Hoping the more experienced builders could critique this and let me know if you think it would work well. Thanks for the help.

The general idea is to dual wield Drawn in Spring and Spelltongue. Does spelltongue work for keeping up the buffs from cipher powers? If so I would build for fast attacking and rely on soul whip and the buffs to compensate for fast 1h weapons.

Thoughts?

If you look more closely at cipher changes, you'll see most of their single target CC have been buffed (whisper of treason, mental binding, puppetmaster, silent scream.)

Only their high level AoE CC (amplified wave and mind plague) have really been nerfed. But ringleader seems still very powerful.

It seems more a slight change of style (with increased variety) than a true nerf.

By the way, I was thinking about a Cipher specialized in DPS too. More precisely specialized in Critical Damages.

The idea is to create a Hearth Orlan Watcher Cipher, to get Doemenels' talent, Dungeon delver award, one handed durgan-refined Purgatory Saber, which leads to :

- 30% hit to crit

- +120% crit damage bonus (+50% base for a +170% total).

- good accuracy with single handed style, further boosted by High Perception, possibly Borrowed instinct, tactical meld and strong deflection debuff like Mental Binding and Silent scream.

What do you think of this build ?

Do Doemenels talent and Dungeon Delver works with damage spells ? With CC spells ?

Edited by Elric Galad

Spelltongue will increase the durations of your buffs - cipher powers included.

Drawn in Spring's wounding does not generate extra focus.

Still probably the best dps for a 1her right?

Also as for the CC topic, I'm not saying my Cipher would never use CC abilities, but it would not be the primary focus. I basically never run without a wizard and priest so they would handle most CC and let the Cipher focus on self-buffing and putting out the dps.

I have this image of a dwarf wagging his finger at the Alpine Dragon, " Sit Dragon , Sit!.....BAD BOY don't eat that cow, no!"

rjB1MB5.png

• Like 2

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus