Act III--Defiance Bay quests no longer available?

I'm sure this is a no-brainer . . . but, since I have none, here goes: I've just started Act III, but wanted to go back and finish some quests in the Defiance Bay area . . . A Voice from the Past, for example, in Copperlane. But as far as I can tell, there's no way for me to enter the area . . . am I missing something? If I still have a save from before completing Act II, I guess I could start over from there . . . but is that the only way? Thanks.

You can get back to Defiance Bay after you visit Twin Elms. As long as you haven't been to Hearthsong there will be riots in Defiance Bay and you can't go back.

Some quests will still be lost since some buildings and people of Defiance Bay are gone after the riots - but the game should have told you that with a "Failed Quest: Blabla" message.

For example I think it'S impossible to finish Aloth's quest "Two Sided" if you enter Act III before going to the animancer who can tell you more about his condition. 

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

You can get back to Defiance Bay after you visit Twin Elms. As long as you haven't been to Hearthsong there will be riots in Defiance Bay and you can't go back.

Some quests will still be lost since some buildings and people of Defiance Bay are gone after the riots - but the game should have told you that with a "Failed Quest: Blabla" message.

For example I think it'S impossible to finish Aloth's quest "Two Sided" if you enter Act III before going to the animancer who can tell you more about his condition. 

Great, thank you! Not as much of a no-brainer as I thought . . . and I think I'd like to finish Aloth's quest. So, will now see what kind of pre-finish saves I have. Eh, turns out I had already finished Aloth's quest. Just a few others I might or might not be able to do before going back to Lady Webb (my last save was before sallyiing forth into the riotous streets).

Edited by Updraft
  • Like 1

I believe the only side quests that can't be completed after Act II are Aloth's personal quest and assemble-the-scepter quest from Ondra's Gift, because both route you through the inside of the Sanitarium. I've been told you can even complete The Final Actwhich involves a character in Dunryd Row.

Edited by Dr. Hieronymous Alloy
  • Like 1

I believe the only side quests that can't be completed after Act II are Aloth's personal quest and assemble-the-scepter quest from Ondra's Gift, because both route you through the inside of the Sanitarium. I've been told you can even complete The Final Actwhich involves a character in Dunryd Row.

Thank you . . . very helpful, though it puts me in a quandary now: do I start over from the Duc's palace before going to see Lady Webb on her death bed, or do I continue from where I am, going to Twin Elms and then trekking back to Defiance? Decisions, decisions . . . :biggrin:

Quick update: chose to continue from where I was--went to Twin Elms, then 'checked in' back at Defiance Bay . . . saw that everything had pretty much returned to 'normal' there, but had to go back to the stronghold to deal manually with bandits . . . which turned out to be not really worth doing. Anyhow, once I go back to Defiance Bay again, I will identify the quests I was able to resume, and any that I wasn't . . . just for anyone else needing to know this.

• Like 1