+3 Damage Reduction

That's the long item description.

If equipped, it gives:

+10 All Defenses

+30 Max Endurance

+3 DR

And the "Active Effects" section of the character record tells:

+10 All Defenses for +20 per kill

What is true? +10 or +25? And for +20 sec per kill or always?

I'm within Winfrith's Arms and Armory shop and waiting ... but the defenses bonus of the cloak is instant ... and it even stacks with both rings of protection (+5 and +9).

7 answers to this question

Hey Merina,

Thanks for pointing this out. I went ahead and wrote up the bug report. 

The item itself is suppose to give:

+5 All Defenses (at all times)

+30 Max Endurance

+3 DR

This stacks with Rings of Protection and Deflection. Let us know what you think of it.

Thanks for letting us know and thank you for participating in the beta. We really appreciate the help!

• Like 1

Let us know what you think of it.

If I may have one wish ... just make items do what the descriptions claim the item would do ... or fix the descriptions to match what the item does.

The only alternative to that would be for the main character ... not the human player ... to be clever enough to notice that an item does something different from its description, and the human player would be notified about that. Sort of like examining items in the stash and discovering something special.

It's not so entertaining, if something doesn't work as intended or if one doesn't know whether it works as intended.

That's a pretty good item, though.

Out of curiosity, does it have custom graphics (icon and in-game model)?

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

^ Pity. It's always rather jarring when the in-game model looks completely different from the icon.

Also a pity that ice-blue doesn't fit the color scheme of my main eh :p

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Groovy :) thanks, Aarik!