Grats!

Since it has 145? parts .. care for highlights? Few comments on lets say interesting parts. Tips, tricks, what to avoid, how to approach difficult encounters, level up, items etc. Paladin is unknown to me and for some reason I hesitate to try it.

I can write something down tomorrow. :)

• Like 2

Ok sorry, a few days late. :)

First of all, starting from part 30, there is a name in the title for which quest/fight I'm doing in that particular video.

I'm starting Defiance Bay Quests with 30, so before that it's basically Act 1.

In part 34, 35, 36 and 48 I rage at my own inability to beat Readric in part 58 I finally beat him (level 7).

In part 51 I enter the White March for the very first time, which is completely blind for me at that point.

In part 55 I fight the Forgotten, which are pretty stroing for Defiance Bay.

In part 70 I finish the ogre level on Caed Nua, in part 72 I kill Kograk.

In part 74 I deal with Wymund and his Skaen cultists.

In part 79 I kill Cail the Silent.

In part 82 I do the lighthouse, which btw. would be a joke if I did it later with leevl 13 and Sacred immolation.

In part 90 I start Act 3.

In part 102 I get Sacred Immolation and respec for max Intelligence and burn thru the stronghold in the following parts.

In part 116 I destroy Undead Raedric, there is also a shorter edited video about this fight a little earlier in the playlist, because it is just ridiculous how fast this fight with Sacred Immolation and 100% charm resistance is, this fight was one of my favourite moments of the PT.

In part 120 I get Drawn in Spring which is ridiculously op on a paladin.

In part 126 I get to the White Forge.

In part 127 I destroy Nalrend the wise, shouldn't have waited till level 14 for that fight. too easy.

In part 131 I destroy the Sky Dragon, wasn't even perfectly respecced for it, but it's just so weak compared to the other dragons.

In part 137 I kill Concelhaut, the parts before in Crägholdt are quite funny if you wanna hear some raging and whining. :p

In part 141 and 142 Adra and Alpine Dragon fall.

As to your other questions, they are kind of deep, but I will try to answer in a short manner:

Tips, tricks:

Get your botanical Garden and Curio Shop built asap in Caed Nua. Potions are super powerful, which brings us to the next point.

I realised way too late how many more potions I can craft, then I can consume. You can almost use Alacrity all the time, you can make way more major endurance/recovery potions, than you will ever use.

In difficult encounters, eat lots of food beforehand, if possible to use a chokepoint, use it, if you can split enemy groups, do it (works very well with speed bonus from sugar or items/skills). Potions are worth more in a hard fight than summons, you can use Alacrity, Llengraths image, Vital Essence in EVERY bigger fight.

For level ups it's good to ahve preplanned build ideas, but if you feel uncomfortable, feel free to try something out and respec if it doesn't work.

Even tho you don't need to respec often (my first respec in all game was with level 13) make sure you don't run around all game with the same stats that are ideal for certain necounters like dragons, but rather with a build good for dealing with mobs.

As to items it is a good idea to get to the White March early, there is many awesome items which are preferred over regular game ones.

Best all over item for paladin are boots of speed, since disengaging and splitting groups work super good with them..

Can't possibly write down everything there might be to know, but hope this was some help, if you have  amore specific question, feel free to ask it is easier to answer those for me. :)

• Like 4

Before my first respec (level 13) I didn't pick any weapon focus, later I picked Noble for daggers.

Idk if this is less obvious, but not everybody might pick the defensive talents for Fort, Ref and paralyze/petrifiy rather than a weapon focus, but that is what I did.

I don't feel like weapon focus is as good, for 2 reasons.

Sacred Immolation is your goto skill for massive damage from level 13 on and it obviously is not affected by WF.

For daggers you also get +4 accuracy from playing Oraln's Head in Stalwart and since Drawn in Spring is the best one handed weapon in the game...

• Like 2

Do any of your videos show your build? I've never really tried solo before so I would be interested to see your stat spread before level 13 and what abilities and talents you picked up if your willing to share your build. Preferred armor and shield choice?

Do any of your videos show your build? I've never really tried solo before so I would be interested to see your stat spread before level 13 and what abilities and talents you picked up if your willing to share your build. Preferred armor and shield choice?

Well, the first video obviously shows the character creation and every now and then I level up or respec. :p

If you want I can make a video, where I show the final build, active effects and items.

• Like 1

Armor and shield are really simple - plate and Worn Shield from Gilded Vale.  :grin: At lv4 (you need lv7 mechanics to open the door to the throne room) you can go to Raedric's Hold get Gauntlets of Accuracy, Gloves of Manipulation and Boots of Stability without fighting (look for the guide with the days when these items appear). Rings of Deflection/Protection, then Blunting Belt and for neck depending on the foes - Rymrgrand's Mantle vs spirits, Rotward Amulet vs spiders/guls, Spellward Amulet vs casters and Torc of Falcon's Eyes vs rest... Weapons with +ACC are nice at the beginning until you get Gaun's Share and of course on the second slot The Disappoiner (fine) for opening fights with Flames of Devotion. For the head you can obtain Hermit's Cap rather easily too. If you play on PotD you really need max resolve, perception and might. Personally I like having also very high constitution because it helps resisting stuns/prones.

PS. Forgot to mention the figurine from the smith which can help for some tough fights.

Edited by Kaylon
  • Like 2

Thanks for the advice guys. Some good tips there. Few other questions I thought of.....

-Does outworn buckler aura effect the user also?

-Which paladin aura would you recommend, especially for early game.

-I've always had bad luck trying to use the "loot per day" chart, but I'll have to look into it again.

-With the stats you mentioned would you consider int and dex dump stats(int until Sacred immolation ofc) or try to keep them decent?

Raven, I would be very interested to see a video detailing your build(and maybe mentioned abilities you feel are the most crucial for certain levels?

Thanks for the advice guys. Some good tips there. Few other questions I thought of.....

-Does outworn buckler aura effect the user also?

-Which paladin aura would you recommend, especially for early game.

-I've always had bad luck trying to use the "loot per day" chart, but I'll have to look into it again.

-With the stats you mentioned would you consider int and dex dump stats(int until Sacred immolation ofc) or try to keep them decent?

Raven, I would be very interested to see a video detailing your build(and maybe mentioned abilities you feel are the most crucial for certain levels?

Yes the buckler also affects the user.

I always went with Zealous focus, but before boots of stealth Charge is awesome also.

Yes dump Int for sure, Dex is a matter of taste I had it at 6 but dumping works, too.

I can try to make a vid tomorrow.

• Like 2

That's awesome thanks for the help.

Did you find that you used Lay on Hands often or do potions handle the healing ok? I was thinking that having zealous charge + one other aura might be nice for versatility. It does seem like besides the auras there isn't a whole ton of choices for class talents really, since Exhortations aren't needed in solo.

You mentioned in your first video that Goldpact gives access to two points that you cannot otherwise get. Could you please explain, I haven't discovered this one yet.

Edited by Mocker22
  • Like 1

You should really use rng tables if you don't want to miss some good items which can make your solo experience less painfull.

Also once your stronghold is fully upgraded you can rest until Azurro shows up with Hiro's Mantle go directly to Durgan's battery to get Garodh's Chorus (with retaliation) and St. Ydwen's Redeemer (later you can add another retaliate from Surra's Supper Plate) which will increase your offensive power.

Dandy Hat, Trollhide belt, rings of protection/deflection +9 can be aquired really fast in ch.2 and you're good to go until lv13.

Use draining weapons (Gaun's Share, Oidhreacht) until you get your hands on Drawn in Spring.

Edited by Kaylon
  • Like 2

That's awesome thanks for the help.

Did you find that you used Lay on Hands often or do potions handle the healing ok? I was thinking that having zealous charge + one other aura might be nice for versatility. It does seem like besides the auras there isn't a whole ton of choices for class talents really, since Exhortations aren't needed in solo.

You mentioned in your first video that Goldpact gives access to two points that you cannot otherwise get. Could you please explain, I haven't discovered this one yet.

Potions do handle the healing quite well, BUT sometimes it's super hard to swallow a potion which seems to be some kind of bug. Character goes back to auto attacking again and again, it can be frustrating if you are a last second healer, like me. I always tried to save potions, even tho that made me end up with over 40 major endurance potions. :D

Liberating Exhortations isn't too bad, for example it helps you avoid sneak attacks by the Alpine Dragon.

By the Goldpact I only meant unique dialogue, which you don't get except with them.

It's no big deal and I remembered one of them wrong, which was actually for Darcozzis. (Oerneros the bear.)

Edited by Raven Darkholme
  • Like 1

AH ic. I still think goldpact will be the way to go. Some of the might boosts will give major Cruel points if I remember right, and it isn't a disfavored disposition for goldpact.

I'm currently laying out my build for this solo try. I'm leaning towards Pale Elf as I think  the elemental resist will help in a million spots. I'm not a fan of the idea of an Orlan paladin. Even though solo does require quite a bit of min-maxiness I figure I still gotta like the char. Coastal Aumaua also a candidate atm.

• Like 1

AH ic. I still think goldpact will be the way to go. Some of the might boosts will give major Cruel points if I remember right, and it isn't a disfavored disposition for goldpact.

I'm currently laying out my build for this solo try. I'm leaning towards Pale Elf as I think  the elemental resist will help in a million spots. I'm not a fan of the idea of an Orlan paladin. Even though solo does require quite a bit of min-maxiness I figure I still gotta like the char. Coastal Aumaua also a candidate atm.

Yeah I picked Goldpact mainly for GotM for 1 ST.

Coastal Aumaua is definitely better than pale Elf, since the bonus vs prone happens to be extremely important vs dragons.

Ok, finally got to do the video.

If you just wanna see the build it's right in the start, but I somehow managed to ramble on for over 40 minutes after that :p:
https://youtu.be/ylV_z3ORMLc

• Like 1

I uploaded my fight with Raedric at lv5 in my new optimized solo run in preparation for WM2. If people are interested by other tough solo battles I also have the fights with the boars, the bandits, the lurkers, the skulders (with the 2 kings), Caed Nua entrance, Maerwald... I will try to go to WM as soon as possible and see if I can pass the ogres.

https://youtu.be/5K0kDxZpRsw

PS. I picked Lay on Hands because I didn't want to spend money on healing potions, however now I believe Flames of Devotion would have been a better choice because it allows one shots vs ghosts, shadows, etc. which is very good at low levels... I forgot to record the one with the bears, but it becomes rather easy with a potion of Wizard's Double if you're well equiped.

Edited by Kaylon
  • Like 2

Here's the battle against Darzir and his ogres at lv7 with no resting (the ogres chanters were the most dangerous because of their spells and high ACC). Picking the right items/potions can make some hard fights look really easy (Spellward Amulet works this time).

https://youtu.be/NlqUtYVvDlg

PS. Changed the video - this time I show my equipement and I finish also the encounter...

Edited by Kaylon
  • Like 2

Managed to get St.Ydwen Redeemer fully upgraded at lv8 using the Ring of Wonder for the last step. Heritage Hill was a walk in a park with it.  8) Unfortunatelly the constructs from Galvino's house are at least lv9 and thus I'll have to wait at least one more level to get Garodh's Chorus.  :(

PS. People who run out of plants like me during chapter 2 can spawn the right ones in their chest at Caed Nua. The items you get every turn are fixed the moment you enter the keep and they change every hour. Thus it's possible to save at the entrance and enter the keep at different moments until you get what you need...

• Like 2