I've intended for a long time to start my third run with the White March part 2 installed. With the improvements on the stronghold, which you get pretty early in the game, it just seems that I want to experience everything from scratch. That and Od Nua should be more interesting. I'm hoping the idea that it's stronger but with fewer trash mobs translates to longer and more tactical battles. I love the game, but a lot of battles were all about using a few spells and basically letting my party throw themselves at the bad guys. That dragon at the bottom, though, she was a real bitch!

bother?

No mention of the new Spell Mastery?

Indeed weird they wouldn't mention it explicitly; I suppose they consider it a balance change, rather than a new feature.

At 1.20 Aloth's action bar shows a spell-level icon carrying an "M" instead of a numeral, which is of course for mastered spells. I don't recall seeing it in screenshots from 3.0 beta, so I guess it's new? IIRC, in 3.0 beta mastered spells aren't grouped in any way.

The most interesting bit starts at 2.35, though, as it shows TWM pt. II material: A Vithrack Luminary in action; a new animated weapon enemy called "Spectral Great Sword"; a spiffy, uber-cool-looking golden shield and a new VFX-ed white sword wielded by Menhea; an ability used by Aloth called "Pull of Eora" (appears to be summoning Tentacles to fight for you); a couple icons for 8th-level Wizards spells, including the multicolored wall already teased by Josh on Instagram.

Edited by AndreaColombo

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

At 1.20 Aloth's action bar shows a spell-level icon carrying an "M" instead of a numeral, which is of course for mastered spells. I don't recall seeing it in screenshots from 3.0 beta, so I guess it's new? IIRC, in 3.0 beta mastered spells aren't grouped in any way.

That's exactly how it works in the beta.

• Like 1

People with the beta, it was mentioned in one of the other threads, they've changed the Chanter notification somehow(up until now, it's a small numeral in the lower right) ? 

Supposedly now it no longer shows how many chants are stored up?  I hope that's not the case of course, as it makes casting chanter spells a bit more of a hassle obviously. 

Anyway, is it a bug or feature that they've removed the numerical count, if that's the case?

People with the beta, it was mentioned in one of the other threads, they've changed the Chanter notification somehow(up until now, it's a small numeral in the lower right) ? 

Supposedly now it no longer shows how many chants are stored up?  I hope that's not the case of course, as it makes casting chanter spells a bit more of a hassle obviously. 

Anyway, is it a bug or feature that they've removed the numerical count, if that's the case?

That shouldn't be the case.  If it occurs to you, please report it as a bug.

You can enable scaling via console at the beginning of the game so the pop-ups never show.

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

That autoscale popup seems really awkward. Couldn't there just have been a harder difficulty after POTD added, or an option to autoscale the whole game?

Ach come on - you can never please them all. :)
  • Like 2

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

I swear to goodness, if they made it a one time switch, there would be folks complaining about that! I would say having to do it once an act seems imminently reasonable. How awkward can it be to click on the button for two to four acts of the game? geez!

• Like 1

bother?

What level do you need to be to upscale Act III?

Before I'd go to White March at level nine so that I could upscale the expansion. The first time I stayed Act II until ninth level and that was hard to level that high without starting Act III, had to do a bunch of Od Nua. The second time I started Act III and avoided Od Nua to save it for the soulbound weapon unlocking.

Just trying to plot out where and what levels to hit so that I can upscale as much as possible.

That autoscale popup seems really awkward. Couldn't there just have been a harder difficulty after POTD added, or an option to autoscale the whole game?

Ach come on - you can never please them all. :)

the awkward part isnt my only problem. What about Act 1 and Act 2?

I was face rolling the game, did 9 levels of old nua and did all the high level bounties in Act 1. 

So I will ask again. Why don't we get an upscale for the whole game?

I swear to goodness, if they made it a one time switch, there would be folks complaining about that! I would say having to do it once an act seems imminently reasonable. How awkward can it be to click on the button for two to four acts of the game? geez!

I would love a one time switch. Just let us slide the difficulty bar one more to the right.

The hardest: Same as path of the damned but all experience reduced by 50%. Gold from selling items reduced 75%. Enemies HP increased a further 20%. Food duration divided by 10.

Done. Game fixed.

Edited by Kilburn

It's a little annoying because I like hitting Act III to buy stuff from merchants, doing white march, then returning to Act III.

The chanters still have the phrase counter in 3.0 beta.

Yeah, it may have been me not explaining it efficiently. The chant number is still shown, but the bar that shows the progression of a chant is obfuscated by the UI. If you want to see when "Come, Come soft winds of Death" ends and the next chant begins (and watch it a bit like a stop watch) you have to hover the chant icon. It irritates me, but if you are just checking the number periodically then you will be fine.

It's a little annoying because I like hitting Act III to buy stuff from merchants, doing white march, then returning to Act III.

Same here. That's why I'm thankful we can trigger scaling via the console :)

The chanters still have the phrase counter in 3.0 beta.

Yeah, it may have been me not explaining it efficiently. The chant number is still shown, but the bar that shows the progression of a chant is obfuscated by the UI. If you want to see when "Come, Come soft winds of Death" ends and the next chant begins (and watch it a bit like a stop watch) you have to hover the chant icon. It irritates me, but if you are just checking the number periodically then you will be fine.

Now I get it. :-) You're right - that's different than before. But since I always just used to peep at the counter I didn't notice.

• Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods