SW: The Old Republic - Episode VIII (May RNG Be With You)

Blarghagh

Thanks

I haven't tried to queue for Ops in a long time since all my guys are DPS and I never got a pop. I guess I could always respec my sorc for heals but having no healing experience I would feel kinda bad for both the group who gets me and the (maybe) real healer whose place I took

Free games updated 3/4/21

Thanks

I haven't tried to queue for Ops in a long time since all my guys are DPS and I never got a pop. I guess I could always respec my sorc for heals but having no healing experience I would feel kinda bad for both the group who gets me and the (maybe) real healer whose place I took

Rule #1 Never queue for ops via GF. I don't think I ever had it pop for me. Go to fleet, wait patiently for a while until a group starts forming for the GF ops of the day and whisper the ops leader as soon as you see someone needing either dps or all roles. During weekends, I usually get 2-3 ops runs a day for my dps alts that way (goes for both Harbinger and TRE).

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Got my throwaways a bit further today

Sorc is now 51 and Sentinel is 45

I hope there are no other requirements besides Imp and Pub to 65 and beat round 5 of the tournament because I've skipped almost every bit of content other than BT/Esseles and heroics. My sorc never even made it into the Sith Academy and while my Jedi finished Tython he's been off script ever since

http://dulfy.net/2016/06/28/swtor-dark-vs-light-event-checklist/

just to be certain, am gonna note how each lower level reward is a prerequisite for higher level rewards.  to be successful granted the eternal rewards, which includes the new companion, you must first complete the champion level requirements. is annoying, but to get the new companion at least 1 dvl character needs do minimal pvp (2-3 warzones?) as well as shadow o' revan content and kotfe content.  not need do your main class quests which culminate on corellia, so get a character to +50 via heroics and then start shadow o' revan is perfect viable.  

as for quick leveling, stick the dvl xp armour on a character and continue doing black talon. with the level scaling implemented, you will not need better armour to sleep walk your way through black talon, even at +50 levels.  given the current 2x xp event which runs through november, you is gonna level very fast indeed while also picking up ok credit rewards and two pieces o' class appropriate purple armour/gear... which can be sold for credits if nothing else. we recommend bt v. esseles as the bonus boss can be dispatched solo in bt.  unlike operations, where you must needs wait around on fleet and hope for an invite... and then roll the dice you didn't get a fail op group, ~20 minutes o' your time will result in a successful bt run.

HA! Good Fun!

ps flashpoint expert requirement for champion level is also a pain in the tuckus.  a considerable number o' the fps can be completed solo, which is nice. is also not hard-mode required, so the tactical runs is typical ez.  unfortunately, depths of manaan is/was bugged.  do not let fire kill the final boss or you will not get credit for the fp.

Edited by Gromnir

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Ugh

That just might have been the straw that finally broke this camel's back

I'm already not having fun but now knowing that I also have to do SOR, all of KOTFE, PVP, and a bunch of flashpoints... too much

well, you were gonna need get your characters to 65 regardless. level the sentinel the rest o' the way doing the tactical and tactical-solo flashpoints. am suspecting that you reach 65 once finished with the fps. have the sorcerer immediate start revan.  the pvp is almost a non factor as we got valor 5 from three warzones, two o' which were fabulous losses.  don't do any side-stuff in sor or kotfe and space-bar through cutscenes and you will finish relative quick.

*shrug*

you thought it were pretty much just a matter 'o getting two to 65, yes?  get to 65 via the fps on one character and get to 65 with sor+kotfe on the other will take a bit more effort than our suggested sooper-dooper speed leveling, but won't be too much worse. even so, as is material you has already slogged through previous, am understanding the reluctance to continue.  for a new companion? too much effort.  'course by doing champ level requirements you get the complete xp boost armour we mentioned, so there is that.

HA! Good Fun!

ps keep in mind that by doing sor, you will need necessarily complete a handful o' fps, and am 90% certain you do not need complete all fps on one character for flashpoint expert.

Edited by Gromnir
  • Like 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Mate, depending on class you can get a ship in 30-45 minutes by rushing your class mission on the capital world :)

I'be seen level 65's having to give up on group content because not even guild ship transport works if the player doesn't have a ship ;)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Mate, depending on class you can get a ship in 30-45 minutes by rushing your class mission on the capital world :)

I'be seen level 65's having to give up on group content because not even guild ship transport works if the player doesn't have a ship ;)

Yeah, I had to go do it and it took me almost an hour but I had to do Korriban too so that padded the time a bit

It's not a big deal but I've got like 18 characters and probably the half that number that I've played and deleted so I just have little patience redoing this stuff

This seems like a great event for new players though

Interesting changes coming up

Gearing changes

Yeah, read that on the official forums :lol:

I don't know if my non-recurring subscription has enough days left to get the start of the expansion, but it's not going to get renewed. Good thing I got a few other games picked up. PoE and Dishonored are still waiting for me...

time to give my wallet a much needed break.

farming crates for gear?  welcome back 2012. got visions o' the ilum pvp area clawing their way up from the depths o' our swtor memory.  yeah, the farming will be different from old ilum stuff, but it sounds a bit... odd.  gonna have need o' seeing implementation.

edit: added sweary video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lz-GRE9f3e4#t=71

ilum pvp crates had a random chance o' dropping 1007.

HA! Good Fun!

Edited by Gromnir

I hope somebody here will take one for the team and subscribe so I can hear how the game plays out when 5.0 gets released. Yeah, ever curious by nature (and my own sub runs out in 4 weeks), but not going to stay a sub and too lazy to play as preferred status. 3.0 and 4.0 were both giant leaps backwards in "fun gameplay" for me and 5.0 looks like it's continuing that trend. It could also just be that I never forgave Bioware for removing Full Auto/Unload from my Powertech. Maybe a bit of both.

I wish I had picked a stealth class for this KOTFE run for DvL. Only on chapter 4 so the real hurt hasn't begun yet. Also, my Jedi is like 48 or so and slowly knocking out the flashpoints. I've done all the solo ones but only a couple of group ones

I wish I had picked a stealth class for this KOTFE run for DvL. Only on chapter 4 so the real hurt hasn't begun yet. Also, my Jedi is like 48 or so and slowly knocking out the flashpoints. I've done all the solo ones but only a couple of group ones

Not sure if it makes you feel any better, but the majority of the trash fights are scripted in a way that constantly forces you out of stealth. Can't have people skipping the trash now, can we? Which means as a stealth class you get none of the benefits of your ranged counterpart and none of the benefits of stealth ;)

http://www.swtor.com/eternal-throne/home

december 2 and november 29 early access

*shrug*

am embarrassed to admit that we did buy the recent released sanguine somethingorother armour via gtn so we could unlock the outfit on all characters. the set is improbable ugly, almost intentional ugly, but it includes an eyepatch... for the just in case we wanna look like a cliche movie/cartoon pirate moments.

HA! Good Fun!

You can buy an Eyepatch off a Republic Adaptive Gear Vendor(20-30 comms). RD-07 Viper iirc. So...good thing on throwing money around :D .

Also, I feel like they don't know where they are going with this. Like they're ad lib-ing as it were. I don't know what the Zakuul story has got to do with the SW.

I hope somebody here will take one for the team and subscribe so I can hear how the game plays out when 5.0 gets released. Yeah, ever curious by nature (and my own sub runs out in 4 weeks), but not going to stay a sub and too lazy to play as preferred status. 3.0 and 4.0 were both giant leaps backwards in "fun gameplay" for me and 5.0 looks like it's continuing that trend. It could also just be that I never forgave Bioware for removing Full Auto/Unload from my Powertech. Maybe a bit of both.

Sorry, I sub for purely selfish reasons and don't intend to even start KoTxx. After WAR, TPM and such...I can smell the stench of a fail from a mile away. And I don't need to burden myself with that. I mostly just fraps 1-50 and play various Heroics etc.

I wish I could help you, but...

I remember way back when, that they said part of the original idea was how the Republic as seen in the EU before Palpatine was actually a mix of early Republic ideas and the Sith Imperial elements.  So the suggestion was at some point after the Republic/Sith war as shown in the trailers for TOR, there would be a point of combining the two together to create what becomes the Republic as seen millennia down the road. Maybe that's what the whole Zakuul thing is meant to be, the lean towards that blending. Plus it's throwing out some reason for what the Emperor was doing since he wasn't really running his Sith Empire.

But yes, the ad-libbing feel is still there even with that sort of vague hand-wavey connections.

I think I finally gave up because it's become too much same-old, same-old. The different class stories were good in concept and mostly entertaining in reality, but once you've done them.. There's not much beyond the basic morpg grind-grind-grind-some-more. The expansion post-class storylines have had some interesting ideas, but have been rather spotty.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Yeah, but they've got those cool cut scenes!

You've them with 1-50 only with much better story behind it. KoTxx is literally play twice(or maybe thrice) and...uninstall? That model works when you've a story that spans approx 300 dialogue cutscenes and if an average length is 3,5 minutes(in reality, it's closer to 2:40, but whatever)...that is...1050 minutes in total or...17,5 hours(just to sit through those cutscenes). And if you choose to play that three times...there's ample material for it in the game. Then you've 7 other class stories where each could be replayed at least once.

Compare that to ripoff known as KoTxx. Knights together will last as a single class story with about the same replayability. But what if you've 8 characters(or even more as a lot of people does)? Well...tough luck!

After all, people wanted a new "class" and a new story in the lieu of WoW's Death Knight. They mostly got it with Knights. Be careful what you wish for. I know, I know, they actually wished for SIS Agent / Imperial Trooper, not...this. Alas, there is a reason why the noun "Tortanic" exists. Bioware got greedy and wanted a slice of WoW's pie and got..."ha-ha" in the face. Suits them fine imo.

http://www.swtor.com/eternal-throne/home

december 2 and november 29 early access

*shrug*

am embarrassed to admit that we did buy the recent released sanguine somethingorother armour via gtn so we could unlock the outfit on all characters. the set is improbable ugly, almost intentional ugly, but it includes an eyepatch... for the just in case we wanna look like a cliche movie/cartoon pirate moments.

HA! Good Fun!

You can buy an Eyepatch off a Republic Adaptive Gear Vendor(20-30 comms). RD-07 Viper iirc. So...good thing on throwing money around :D .

was looking for an eyepatch for snake plisskeen and not some kinda retro-cybernetic eyepiece. 

http://torf.mmo-fashion.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/RD-07A-Viper-Headgear.jpg

ick

as for swtor problems, o' which there is many, am not seeing it as any more broken than every other mmo we has tried, and swtor does have more narrative development than any other mmo we can think o'.  yeah, by focusing efforts and content on story, the biowarians has placed less development into grindy and group content.  like it or not, developers must needs be aware o' the reality that grindy aspects will be what occupies a majority of the end-game player's efforts.  gotta do better with end-game. even so, 'cause swtor has more story focus, it is an mmo we is more likely to revisit after a three or six month hiatus.  no other mmo gets us returning after we has stopped.

'course we ain't a big mmo fan to begin with, so there is that too.

HA! Good Fun!

'course we ain't a big mmo fan to begin with, so there is that too.

HA! Good Fun!

For someone who used to profess undying hatred of MMO's and openly express contempt for swotor, I sure has been playing It (and paying it) for a long time :blush:

In one of those chance encounters that sometimes happens, I met some new people who do raids regularly. Not a guild, just a group of regulars who gathers for HM ops runs and I got invited to join them. Done a few hm ops now and who knows, with a bit of luck I might actually get to work through my backlog of still to-do's (HM df/dp and Rav/Tos). Not ambitious enough to join them in their NiM runs, HM seems just about what this old brain can handle.