RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS

Blarghagh

Considering the prices our antipodean cousins are charged every game should come with frankincense, gold and myrrh borne by three wise men, though I realise the latter may be harder to acquire than the former.

• Like 2

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

It's a Bioware game, don't expect logic or any kind of reasoning, perhaps the pioneers had a spare few thousand millenia to throw away making the journey to the nearest galaxy?

• Like 2

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

". . .deep progression and customization and systems." I'll believe it when I see it, BioWare.

Man, those will be some fancy romances.

• Like 5
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

how did they even get in Andromeda

its even more than 1 million light years away

Reapers.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Well it is not even branded as rpg anymore but a third person shooter

Maybe will lower expectations. ME 3 was a really good 3rd person shooter.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

OMG, this year, JRPGs have gone crazy...

My wallet is already crying...

Megadimension Neptunia VII - February 12 2016 (already on it's way to my games catallogue)

Dark Souls III - April 12 2016

Fairy Fencer F: Advent Dark Force - Spring 2016

Atelier Sophie: The Alchemist of the Mysterious Book - June 10 2016

Star Ocean 5 - Summer 2016

I am Setsuna - Summer 2016 (this one is inspired by Chrono Trigger and classic Final Fantasy titles)

Final Fantasy XV - September 30 2016

Kingdom Hearts 2.8 HD - 2016

Tales of Berseria - chance to get released in EU/NA in 2016 as well

And I still have no PS4... I am always waiting for release of slim version of console... Not many games for PS4 worth playing atm anymore...

But rumors says, that in October PS4 will get new SKU (possible slim PS4 with 4K resolution support)

Edited by Mamoulian War

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Well it is not even branded as rpg anymore but a third person shooter

Maybe will lower expectations. ME 3 was a really good 3rd person shooter.

I agree, i had some fun in it, even in MP modes.

Imho ME2 was a much better third person shooter than ME3 (I played ME2 a bunch of times, ME3: once), but to each their own. Didn't touch MP in either game though.

Two games to look out for:

Stellaris - Paradox 4x/grand strategy inspired by Master of Orion. Has a lot of nice touches, such as a sophisticated race creation, a lot of random exploration related events that influence things like leaders, the game's tech tree (opening unique tech), decent visuals (most games of the type are horrible to look at), interesting social engineering choices.

No Man's Sky - Procedural generated space exploration/trading/fighing game with an infinite universe. Stunning visuals.

Stellaris looks and sounds so far like a day 1 purchase for me. Unless they've completely managed to **** up the late game, the game will dethrone Master of Orion 2 from the throne. Which is just about time. I know how to play that game through while blindfolded ;)

Hate the living, love the dead.

Two games to look out for:

Stellaris - Paradox 4x/grand strategy inspired by Master of Orion. Has a lot of nice touches, such as a sophisticated race creation, a lot of random exploration related events that influence things like leaders, the game's tech tree (opening unique tech), decent visuals (most games of the type are horrible to look at), interesting social engineering choices.

No Man's Sky - Procedural generated space exploration/trading/fighing game with an infinite universe. Stunning visuals.

Stellaris looks and sounds so far like a day 1 purchase for me. Unless they've completely managed to **** up the late game, the game will dethrone Master of Orion 2 from the throne. Which is just about time. I know how to play that game through while blindfolded ;)

There is some new MoO but for some reason it seems shallow. They even get rid of best part of MoO2 - single tech in branch - it was cool that some races got access to completely different tech.

Edited by Chilloutman

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

In order to avoid having to make the decisions you made in the trilogy more than token dialog references. They're doing the same thing for DA4.

BioWare: "We promise you that all your decisions matter, but in the end they don't.  And then we re-write the lore and ignore anything that happened in the previous game in future installments".

• Like 3

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Some possible Mass Effect spoilers*

Mass Effect Andromeda plot details reveal a big change for the series

*It's pretty big picture basic plot stuff but I just wanted to warn you just in case

"Experience the freedom to traverse and explore a planet-dense but seamless open-world galaxy, rich with discovery. "

Haha yeah right.  Open world, like DAI, more like it.  An open world that's bare with the odd mineral to pick up and vast amounts of walking with nothing to do for 90% of a map.

"This is the story of humanity's next chapter, and player choice throughout the game will ultimately determine out survival in the Andromeda Galaxy. "

There's that buzzword again.  Choice.  Ultimately our choices won't matter by the end of the game because BioWare will decide to exercise it's "creative vision" like they did with the end of ME3.

• Like 4

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

There's that buzzword again.  Choice.  Ultimately our choices won't matter by the end of the game because BioWare will decide to exercise it's "creative vision" like they did with the end of ME3.

The GM wants to tell their story, and what you the player wants doesn't matter, it's all about the GMs pets and their brilliant narrative. Strange how such a common poor practise amongst novice GMs is carried out by experienced developers.

Tea for the teapot!

ME:A will be more open world than DA:I. They said the engine will feature full level stream and levels will be bigger. So, no loading screens except when you will landing on the planet. Something similar was in original ME.

ME:A will be more open world than DA:I. They said the engine will feature full level stream and levels will be bigger. So, no loading screens except when you will landing on the planet. Something similar was in original ME.

more collecting pointless shards, constellation, etc! except now you're in space!

yaaay!

• Like 3

more collecting pointless shards, constellation, etc! except now you're in space!

yaaay!

Collect 20 elfspaceroot.

• Like 4

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks