19 might

8 con

18 dexter

18 per

4 int

10 res

Moon godlike will be going for the dual sabers

Comp

Eder main tank, paly off tank, pc melee rogue, Durance and 2 ranged ciphers, I don't want to rest much but may switch ciphers to wizards come level 10 thoughts?

You will die quickly

You will die often

You will be interrupted

You will be one shotted

You will suffer crits on will attacks

Your Crippling and Blinding strikes will not last long

The Shades will take your soul

Edited by Anaeme
  • Like 1

I'd balance your intellect and resolve so that your Will defense does not decrease. As in go with a 4 intellect and a 16 resolve. Helps for dialogue as well. Rogues do fine with a 4 intellect. With a casita casserole and a +2 item you can chain prone with tall grass.

I'd lower Might, you get so many bonuses to damage that might can easily be lowered a few points. Bring con up to 10. Maybe even bring resolve up to 18

I personally really dislike moon godlikes for the cheese, prefer Island Aumaua for the extra weapon set. A set of sabres, a pistol/blunderbuss, and either another pistol or a set of stillettos. You can even have a weapon and shield on switch incase you get in trouble.

For the shades I'd go with a single sabre, huge accuracy helps kill the bastards.

Island Aumaua is an excellent melee choice. It allows for a third weapon slot. For a solo that means switching to a weapon with a cc or dps ability to start combat. I have used this setup for a Barb solo to lob a fireball before charging.

No matter which fork in the road you take I am certain adventure awaits.

Island Aumaua is an excellent melee choice. It allows for a third weapon slot. For a solo that means switching to a weapon with a cc or dps ability to start combat. I have used this setup for a Barb solo to lob a fireball before charging.

But he's not soloing I even pointed that out in my post...

Your post seemed to have nothing to do with race choice and solo vs party. I took your race comment to be applied to your stat comment only.

The whole post was based on that. :)

Otherwise I would have left Kdubyas post as it is, since it was very solid advice. :)

Race is alrdy set as moongodlike but great point on the resolve dropped might down to 12 and resolve is now 16 maybe I'll go splat less I just cleared Rodriguez and he's more then half my parties total dps yay rogues

Rodriguez.

Now I just tried to imagine what PoE would look like as a western set in Mexico.

• Like 1

MY challenge to everyone is to give me a team comp that can rolf stomp potd assuming my main is a pc rogue tired of dying to stupid crap and perma losing a character.  Current comp im running is moon godlike rogue, eder maintak, paladin with the dr aura as off tank, durance for buffs and 2 ranged wood elf ciphers.  They seriously need to make ciphers like 3x more powerful then they currently are btw i hate resting with a passion in this game thus the ciphers ;)  any tips would be appreciated getting wrecked at level 5 by the cultist in dyrwood village ;(

A good approach to roflstomp PotD is to carefully craft the party around synergy effects. Like Combusting Wounds + DoT, Predator's Sense + DoT, Expose Vulnerabilities/Ryona's Vembraces/Penetrating Shot/Sundering Blow + multi projectile attacks/high attack speed, Weakened + Sickened + Fortitude and Will attacks, Weapons' on-hit effects + carnage, Concentration debuffs + Interrupting Blows and so on.

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

That's right.

The "special" good thing about Weakened + Sickened is that you can have both without using per rest spells. Painful Interdiction and Threatening Presence require no spells (or use Secret Horrors - also not per rest). You can have that every encounter. If you combine this with Brute Force and a disabling weapon like Hours of St. Rumbald or Mabec's Morning Star (or whatever melee weapon does prone or stun on crit) you get a very nice CC effect (it also helps with the prone-/stun-check, not only with the initial crit) while doing lots of dmg without using up spells. Those get on top for the roflstomp effect. ;)

Edited by Boeroer

Interesting idea I think it will go better also once I get bitter and purgatory will help a lot with dps since my rogue is low int, I'm assuming I want to give him persistence for ranged dps?

Might also pick up shadowing beyond for some extra survivability well see how things go tonight!

Don't know how Persistence performs with low INT. I used it with a rogue who had max MIG and INT and Deep Wounds. That lead to a long DoT period per hit so that you could shoot one target after the other and watch them all die slowly. With low INT you will have to stick to your target because the DoT will wear off quickly.

If you score a lot of crits I would use Resolution & Purgatory in one slot and Bittercut and Bleak Fang in the second. If you meet slash resistant foes or ones that have weak DR against corrode switch to Bittercut and Bleak Fang, else use Resolution and Purgatory. The dual Annihilation setup is just awesome if you crit a lot. It's damage*2 every time you crit.

Edited by Boeroer