[v3.00.929 PX1-Steam] Various bugs & errata

Dr. Hieronymous Alloy

Question

Ok, I'm just putting these all here because I'm not sure how to note them etc.

First one is that Prayer against Treachery doesn't always prevent Charm (at least not when the Prayer is cast from an item -- in this case the shield). Wasn't a split-second glitch, the charm persisted long enough for Durance to take significant damage. 

http://i.imgur.com/Ul9A12p.jpg

Sometimes enemy debuffs don't go away at the end of combat and just stay on the character (they do appear to be suppressed/have no effect). 

http://i.imgur.com/X3wc8KV.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/8E1aUuz.jpg

Sometimes there are odd missing strings.

http://i.imgur.com/aOUJ2ic.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/TldZ2hZ.jpg

Sometimes Wall of Fire persists and recurs after the end of fights, into the next fight.

"Enhanced Frenzy" doesn't enhance the frenzy from Sanguine Plate.

The Drinking Horn of Moderation used to boost focus gain but now only boosts Int, by +2. Originally I had heard this was going to be a temporary change pending a bug fix to the focus issues, but that was fixed and the item never got reverted. This is a big issue because now the only item that gives +2 int, +25% focus gain is the Talisman of the Unconquerable and it's random loot and unreliable for builds.

Witch's Hat has no texture. (Most rewards for stronghold quests are missing strings).

Sometimes you can loot Caed Nua raiders after the fight and sometimes you can't.

The justiciar in heritage hill has some quest options in the strategy guide that still aren't implemented.

The AI will use Charm-type abilities on fampyrs and other characters when you know they're immune

AI doesn't use spell mastery per-encounters

St. Ydwen's redeemer still not gaining kills for vessels killed with the Destroy Vessels proc.

Pain Link damage doesn't show in the combat log. 

Edited by Dr. Hieronymous Alloy
  • Like 1

14 answers to this question

Subscribing the thread. Hope most of these can be fixed for the final release of 3.0

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Hey everyone, 

I checked out most of these issues and heres what I found.

First one is that Prayer against Treachery doesn't always prevent Charm (at least not when the Prayer is cast from an item -- in this case the shield). Wasn't a split-second glitch, the charm persisted long enough for Durance to take significant damage. 

I'm not aware of any shield that has Prayer Against Treachery, but I know Forgotten Tear of the Beloved can cast it and it works fine. I also checked scrolls and they were working as intended. 

Sometimes enemy debuffs don't go away at the end of combat and just stay on the character (they do appear to be suppressed/have no effect). 

Haven't been able to reproduce this. Debuffs do last after battle until the timer runs out, but they shouldn't be suppressed like that.

Sometimes Wall of Fire persists and recurs after the end of fights, into the next fight.

I was not able to reproduce this as well. As soon as the fight ended I encountered a group right away and the wall dissipated.

"Enhanced Frenzy" doesn't enhance the frenzy from Sanguine Plate

Do you mean Greater Frenzy? Class abilities work differently from items that grant special abilities. So a Barbarian's Frenzy and an item's Frenzy ability are not the same even though they produce the same result. For that reason, it would not enhance Frenzy granted by the item. 

Witch's Hat has no texture. (Most rewards for stronghold quests are missing strings).

These issues have been fixed and will be in the next patch.

The justiciar in heritage hill has some quest options in the strategy guide that still aren't implemented.

Theres been quite a bit of changes since launch and the strategy guide is severely outdated. I don't believe we will be updating the strategy guide anytime soon.

The AI will use Charm-type abilities on fampyrs and other characters when you know they're immune

Unfortunately this will be pushed back and not make it into the 3.00 patch. A lot of scripting will be required to implement this fix.

I haven't been able to reproduce this issue. Do you have your AI set up? Is per rest abilities enabled?

St. Ydwen's redeemer still not gaining kills for vessels killed with the Destroy Vessels proc

We are aware of the issue and hopefully a fix will be in before the official release of patch 3.0

Pain Link damage doesn't show in the combat log

We do have a bug in at the moment for this issue, but it wont make it into the 3.0 patch. 

• Like 1

Phew! That was quite a bit of work. In the future, please, please, keep one bug per post. It can  gets really messy if a lot of people come in commenting on different bugs. I am more than happy to reply to 20 posts to make sure each issue gets addressed. 

Also, if you are experiencing some issues I haven't been able to reproduce, please verify your game cache in Steam. If the issues are still occurring, please upload an output log and a save file. You can find the locations of those files by clicking on the link in my signature.

Thanks a bunch!

• Like 1

Hey everyone, 

I checked out most of these issues and heres what I found.

I'm not aware of any shield that has Prayer Against Treachery, but I know Forgotten Tear of the Beloved can cast it and it works fine. I also checked scrolls and they were working as intended.

Sorry, yeah, I thought it was coming from the Azzurro shield but it was coming from Forgotten Tear. In the screenshot, Durance has immunity to domination, but only +50 resistance to charm, which I expect is why the charm happened. That screenshot was taken just a few nights ago, in the 3.0 beta. I suppose it's possible that there's a problem with my game files.

I haven't been able to reproduce this issue. Do you have your AI set up? Is per rest abilities enabled?

AI is enabled but per-rest is not. Maybe I'm misunderstanding something but Spell Mastery spells are per-encounter, not per-rest, so I would expect the AI to use them, but it doesn't seem to. Specifically, I gave Durance the 1st-level Armor spell as his spell mastery, and he never casts it on his own Maybe I need to tweak his AI settings (support, heal, etc.).

Thanks for all the work you are all still doing on this game and apologies for flooding you! I'll try to figure out how to upload a save file etc.

Addenda:

I'll keep this just the prayer against treachery issue because I think I can verify it. Compare these two screenshots of item descriptions:

this is from the Forgotten Tear:

http://imgur.com/a/umJkP

this is from Durance's spell listing:

http://imgur.com/a/umJkP

They both have the same description ("grants immunity to Dominate and Charm") but Durance's version grants actual immunity to both, whereas the Tear grants immunity to one and resistance to the other. Maybe they're both working as intended but it seems odd for the two abilities to have different mechanics but the same name and descriptions.

I'll validate my files and see if that fixes it. edit: all files successfully validated, issue persists.

• Like 1

Aarik D,

I think the current beta suffers from new issues that creep into the game spontanenously ... and will be very difficult to reproduce by looking at someone's savegame, unless a problem really is 100% and easily reproducible. Usually quitting the game or reloading a save fixed some issues for me. It's not damaged installation files. I've played the game often enough to tell a story.

For instance, my priest suddenly had unlimited uses of holy radiance during combat ... not only one per encounter. The holy radiance button switched back to one new use after the effect. Struck me by surprise I can tell you!

My main char suddenly was displayed unarmed ... although all three weapon slots were full, and he was using the 1st slot most of the time. I simply clicked the 1st slot to make the weapon appear again in the graphics.

After defeating the drake on Caed Nua level 5, using the master staircase ended the game with a black screen and just a movable mouse cursor. No music. Nothing. It seemed like clicking the mouse changed the cursor, but no progress. Not reproducible ... and I simply reloaded the last quicksave, killed the drake once more, and could use the staircase.

The image of a shade/shadow appeared in one location on every map. No matter whether it was first fires district, hadret house or somewhere outside ... a frozen shade that cannot be targeted or interacted with.

It's also not good that the beta doesn't fix long known bugs yet ... such as a summoned stone beetle accompanying me through multiple maps and lots of fights.

• Like 1

Aarik D,

I think the current beta suffers from new issues that creep into the game spontanenously ... and will be very difficult to reproduce by looking at someone's savegame, . . . 

The image of a shade/shadow appeared in one location on every map.

I've had this problem happen with summoned skeletons. Goes away if you reload though so not a major issue.

More issues that are not in the reloaded savegame.

* A Vithrack had dominated my rogue for more than 20 secs ... and I fled with the rest of the party. When combat ended, the rogue didn't have the green circle as the others, but could be selected and moved with the party, too.

* After a different fight, the AI button stopped working ... and clicking them didn't toggle them anymore.

Reloading saved game fixed both issues.