You basically need 8s of lvl 1 chant to cast paralysis cone (which last... 8s + Int). So yes, I think it could matter. Against eyeless, I noticed nothing was more efficient than mental binding (paralysis vs will). If you don't have cipher, you can use a chanter.

If course, in this case, not using lvl 3 bread and butter fire chants is less critical as they are immuned to fire. But it is in my opinion just an example of alternate strategy.

You basically need 8s of lvl 1 chant to cast paralysis cone (which last... 8s + Int). So yes, I think it could matter. Against eyeless, I noticed nothing was more efficient than mental binding (paralysis vs will). If you don't have cipher, you can use a chanter.

If course, in this case, not using lvl 3 bread and butter fire chants is less critical as they are immuned to fire. But it is in my opinion just an example of alternate strategy.

Oh I misunderstood your post then, I thought you said you wanted to base the chanter on that playstyle entirely.

Ofc situationally this is good.

^ Yes, they are)

They are also immune to: Poison, Disease, Sickened, Confused, Charmed, Dominated and Unconscious.

As for the Eyestrike... well, at least it can daze the main target  :) 

But, yeah, ofc it's better to just paralyze them vs will.

Edited by MaxQuest