I'm thinking about going for mass chanters. Since their buffs don't stack I wonder if there are any reasons to play with more than 2 of them? You know, you can go for mass rangers and slaughter everyone with your pets. Can you do the same with chanters? I know I can go for 6 of them and spam skeletons or spectres or ogres but... This means half of the sung chants will be useless as they don't stack. Am I right? Is there a valid reason to go for more than 2 or 3 of them?

Yes. All damaging chants stack. Ancient Memory plus Beloved Spirits stacks. The more chanters the better.

Six of them, build tanky with high MIG and INT with "the Dragon Slashed" murder everything around them in 10 secs while getting healed big time.

• Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

You will be having an easy time at the beginning because of "Come, Soft Winds of Death". Then it gets a bit tedious until you reach chant level 3 with "the Dragon Slashed". After that it's quite easy. And you will always be able to call summons (like 12 Ogres at once) or unleash things like a huge paralyze cone or stun or pure damage from time to time.

• Like 1

Hahaha! Still too sad you can't give your party a name. "MmmSync" or something like that. But at least you can name your songs (how about "Bye Bye Bye" or "Fry Fry Fry?").

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 4

• 1 month later...

Six chanters don't really need to run.

With 6 chanters even the lowlevel END drain chant is immensely powerful since it stacks with itself.

You can basically put the whole party on aggressive AI, no micro at all and roflstomp absolutely everything.

Once you get to level 9 and dragon slashed, ggs.

i'd put one priest in - you dont want to get mindcontrolled, with dragon chant the party starts dying - fast... since mind controll enemies like to stand apart you cant kill them fast enough and will loose a few chanter xD... not that it is a big problem, however 5/1 should be quite a bit more effective than 6/0

i'd put one priest in - you dont want to get mindcontrolled, with dragon chant the party starts dying - fast... since mind controll enemies like to stand apart you cant kill them fast enough and will loose a few chanter xD... not that it is a big problem, however 5/1 should be quite a bit more effective than 6/0

There's scrolls you can craft and a mace with this effect. ;)

There may be scrolls, however its a pain to use it every fight (every stun/para etc effect is bad for chanters, not just charm) and a mace against CC (or mindcontroll)? I dont know that one, dont see it in my lists either - which one is it?

Priest can use withdraw too, so even dragon fights are very very easy - and priest+5 chanters can be a nice fake religion - too bad you cant choose a priest with "none of the pillars of eternity gods" as god^^

But wouldnt a fake skaen priest be perfect if he goes around and telling lies about the big big god - just to take all the money for himself? :D

What are chanters for if not helping a priest tell everyone about "insert fake story"

There may be scrolls, however its a pain to use it every fight (every stun/para etc effect is bad for chanters, not just charm) and a mace against CC (or mindcontroll)? I dont know that one, dont see it in my lists either - which one is it?

It is a flail. It is from WM1, from that Slated(sp?) Skull bounty I believe.

• Like 1

I'm just wondering if it is possible to make a chanter focusing on Invocation rather than Chant (using short chants to stack phrases more quickly).

Level 3 chants are for me the best : Dragon Thrashed and the fire lash chant are awesome.

While facing fire immuned eyeless, I suddenly realized that chanting level 1 chant and using more Invocations could be nice too. But could it be better ?

For me, the best Invocations are :

- Worms explosion

- DR debuff

(Summon specter is not bad but is rather useless at high level)

- Paralysis cone

- Seven Night she waited (with proper aiming, you can hit all ennemies of the screen, and your melee target up to 3 times. Kana killed radiant spore this way)

- Resurrect cone chant (always handy to have as backup)

- Ancient Weapons (best summons)

Lvl 4 invocations are not very good by the way... maybe mushroom summon but I prefer Ancient Weapons.

Edited by Elric Galad

I'm just wondering if it is possible to make a chanter based on Invocation rather than Chant.

Level 3 chants are for me the best : Dragon Thrashed and the fire lash chant are awesome.

While facing fire immuned eyeless, I suddenly realized that chanting level 1 chant and using more Invocations could be nice too. But could it be better ?

For me, the best Invocations are :

- Worms explosion

- DR debuff

(Summon specter is not bad but is rather useless at high level)

- Paralysis cone

- Seven Night she waited (with proper aiming, you can hit all ennemies of the screen, and your melee target up to 3 times. Kana killed radiant spore this way)

- Resurrect cone chant (always handy to have as backup)

- Ancient Weapons (best summons)

Lvl 4 invocations are not very good by the way... maybe mushroom summon but I prefer Ancient Weapons.

What do you mean by based on invocations?

Most Invocations are extremely good, but since you can't cast them before 3 phrases are chanted any chanter is obviously based on chants by default. :p

Which is not a bad thing, since there are some good chants. ;)

I updated my original post for clarification. Basically I meant using low level chants.

You can use the low level chants, sure but once you get to dragon slashed and later the damage shield, it's not as good.

Let's not forget you still build up phrases with high level chants so it's not like using only lowlevel chants let's you build up 100% more invocations or something. ;)