Non Firing Spells

Anaeme

Question

Spells not Firing during combat is one of the most gamebreaking experiences anyone can encounter

I decided to play the Beta patch and Durance spells are suddenly not firing during combat.

I thought these kinds of gamebreaking bugs had been dealt with in the past...but something wrong with the code is apparently causing them to recurr

I do not think I can continue playing with this type of bug messing with the game

7 answers to this question

Spells not Firing during combat is one of the most gamebreaking experiences anyone can encounter

I decided to play the Beta patch and Durance spells are suddenly not firing during combat.

I thought these kinds of gamebreaking bugs had been dealt with in the past...but something wrong with the code is apparently causing them to recurr

I do not think I can continue playing with this type of bug messing with the game

well, it is a beta... and your issue is one o' the "known" issues mentioned in the notes for the 3.0 beta.  that being said, there is no reason why you should be able to identify your issue from the 3.0 beta notes.  confused? seal spells and traps are currently broken-- this is a known issue.  what the notes fail to inform you is that when a priest sets a seal spell, he becomes unable to take any other action in combat for so long as the (invisible and untriggerable) seal persists.

obvious solution: don't use seal spells.  reload to a point previous to having used such spells, and then do not set another seal spell until you get the next patch update.

that being said, 3.0 is a beta.  you can opt out of the beta if you so desire, but bugs such as these is kinda par for the course in a beta, no?  it is kinda annoying that 3.0 were released with this as a known issue and that no fix of known issues has been released, but again, it is a beta.  caveat emptor and all that, eh? 

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

A beta build should not have any catastrophic bugs but is very likely to contain *annoying issues* both known and unknown.

I am currently running the beta because I want to help make the first release of v3 as good as it can be and so far I am impressed with the overall quality.

For me, getting to try out and provide feedback on the updated gameplay is a bonus.

aloth is having the non-firing issue similar to our priests.  the issue began after using wall of fire for the first time.  am suspecting that the non-firing issue for aloth is related to wall o' fire.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

I tried out the spells you mentioned and I was able to cast it fine. Can you offer any addition information? Were you guys interrupted by any chance? Who were you fighting? Are the AI casting the spell or are you? What AI settings do you have on?

The enemy I experienced this on was the Sky Dragon. My Druid would cast Wall of Thorns and while the spell will successfully go off, any other spells he attempts to cast afterwards would play the casting animation, but would have no effect.

I had AI settings completely disabled.

One instance of this that I've seen, at least, seemed to occur with my cipher on rare occasions where the spl target moved during the casting animation. My cipher would freeze in "casting" pose and constantly rotate towards the spell target without the spell ( or rather in this case Power) actually ever firing. I'm not sure if that's the same problem these folks are talking about or not. Either way it was a fare problem and difficult to reproduce and usually fixable by just casting a different power one time.