The real threat of the Zika Virus

BruceVC

Huh, Woldan hasnt logged on in almost two months. Wonder where he got to?

Zika got him.

you concerned that the disease has affected his pregnancy?

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Zika got him.

HA! Good Fun!

Uterus-deficient men truly have it the worst.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Zika got him.

HA! Good Fun!

Kidding aside, it does have a small chance of being serious for adults. Symptoms sound like they could be unpleasant as well.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

2-7 days o' "slight" fever, aching joints, headache and a bit o' rash.  

sounds like a typical business trip to asia or south america for Gromnir.  w/o zika, we wouldn't even consider going to a doctor for such symptoms. no doubt such mild symptoms for adults is one reason the disease will be harder to contain.  

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

It's really not a big deal.

Tell that to the thousands of pregnant women who have Zika and either do have babies with birth defects or whose babies may have birth defects 

Here is some information on the virus 

http://www.cdc.gov/zika/pregnancy/question-answers.html

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Tell that to the thousands of pregnant women who have Zika and either do have babies with birth defects or whose babies may have birth defects 

To a degree I was jesting. I had hoped that was obvious.

That said, I don't really consider the CDC all that reliable a source. They've cried wolf far too many times, have been caught falsifying studies, done more than their fair share of just plain evil, and are way too politicized to be a reliably believed. I very much support the scrapping of the agency all together.

That said, I don't really consider the CDC all that reliable a source. They've cried wolf far too many times, have been caught falsifying studies, done more than their fair share of just plain evil, and are way too politicized to be a reliably believed. I very much support the scrapping of the agency all together.

My bad, its hard for me to determine when someone is joking without an emoticon..so I normally assume people are being serious unless its someone like Oby :)

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

My bad, its hard for me to determine when someone is joking without an emoticon..so I normally assume people are being serious unless its someone like Oby :)

Did you not click on the link I provided?

Yes I did but as you know one of the symptoms of Zika is malformed heads

So I thought you were just making light of the whole Zika condition  

John Milton 

Yes I did but as you know one of the symptoms of Zika is malformed heads

So I thought you were just making light of the whole Zika condition  

I was. In a jesting manner.

Sarcasm often does not translate well on a text forum. No "tone of voice" and all that. The rule of thumb Bruce if something sounds heartless or mean spirited it was probably meant to be sarcastic or dark humor.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Sarcasm often does not translate well on a text forum. No "tone of voice" and all that. The rule of thumb Bruce if something sounds heartless or mean spirited it was probably meant to be sarcastic or dark humor.

Yeah, thats probably the best way to determine peoples intentions :)

John Milton 

I very much appreciate the potential lost in translation aspects of text. However, If sarcasm/satire/humor wasn't gleaned from the link I provided, I deem thee immeasurably dense (no sarcasm here at all).

• Like 1

I very much appreciate the potential lost in translation aspects of text. However, If sarcasm/satire/humor wasn't gleaned from the link I provided, I deem thee immeasurably dense (no sarcasm here at all).

Vals thats NO way to make friends  :teehee:

John Milton