What are you playing right now?

Gorth

Somehow managed to finish the Court of Oryx quest given to you by Eris Morn.  I joined a battle summoned by a group of three other players, and it just so happened to be the one I was missing to finish off the quest.

I got a 300 level item from Eris, but unfortunately I already had an item in that slot with a 304 rating.  The 300 level one from Eris, however, has better Intelligence and Discipline stats, so I might wear that one.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Anyone knows if there is any sense behind the silencer in The Division? Seems pretty pointless to me, because no matter what, everyone starts shooting at me anyway.

i dont have the game but i think it may be more of a pvp thing

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

What? You thought it was a quote from some well known wise guy from the past?

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.

How does grouping work, is that like getting picked last for a gym team. I would usually go second-to-last, or sometimes third-to-last for the volleyball team. 

I hated this whole gym team picking thing. I also loathed most group sport activities, so didn't get picked much. Defense in football (or soccer for those who call it that) that I could get into, the rest... meh. Was kinda funny though when I finally decided I had enough of certain people doing better and people being whiney quitters with no stamina, and simply outran most classmates in our long distance runs on a whim.

Though I guess I only surprised myself. The rest had a much higher opinion of my abilities than myself, that is if I got my head out of those fantasy novels :p

So, The Division. If I played that, would I *have* to group or participate in PvP?

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

You do not need to do PvP or group in The Division.  Speaking of which...

I had a little time today after feeding the kids, and thought I'd try to knock out a story mission.  To help it move along, I joined a group, which is super easy with the groupfinder.  We get going, and my daughter comes over and starts talking to me about the show she is watching (Psych).  I tell her it isn't a good time, I'm in a firefight, but being an 8 year old girl, I have to tell her a few times in incrementally angrier tones before she gets the message.  

We continue on, and then my wife comes in and tells me she has to head out, but has left a can of soup on the stove for my son (who I had fed about 10 minutes earlier.)  Again, being in a firefight, I exasperate and argue with her about why I can't deal with the pot on the stove.  We bicker a bit and she leaves.  I then hear someone in the game laugh and say "This is why I'm glad my wife is a gamer."  I'm still in a fight, so I don't really have time to ponder this, but in the back of my mind I'm wondering what the heck is happening.  Then we all die, except for one guy, and as I'm sitting there dead one of the guys says "Hey Hurlshot, do you know we can hear you?"

So I guess The Division automatically turns on your mic when you group.  I have a laptop, and I never actually use the mic, but this game conveniently enabled it and broadcast my family antics to the 3 strangers I was grouped with.  After a bit of conversation, I figured out how to enable the push button to talk setting.   :blush:  

• Like 5

Wow, that actually explains a lot. I did hear a few people talking already and wondered what the hell this stuff was about.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

There has got to be a quicker way to level up gear so I can dismantle them for full legendary marks.  I've got like 8 purple armbands for my Warlock and only want to keep my best rated one.  The rest I'm going to dismantle, but I need to level them up completely before they'll net me the full 5 legendary marks.

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

There has got to be a quicker way to level up gear so I can dismantle them for full legendary marks.  I've got like 8 purple armbands for my Warlock and only want to keep my best rated one.  The rest I'm going to dismantle, but I need to level them up completely before they'll net me the full 5 legendary marks.

Motes of light are for quick upgrading. Though i don't remember how many you have to use per armor to unlock everything.

1.13 killed off Ja2.

I had a little time today after feeding the kids, and thought I'd try to knock out a story mission.  To help it move along, I joined a group, which is super easy with the groupfinder.  We get going, and my daughter comes over and starts talking to me about the show she is watching (Psych).  I tell her it isn't a good time, I'm in a firefight, but being an 8 year old girl, I have to tell her a few times in incrementally angrier tones before she gets the message.  

We continue on, and then my wife comes in and tells me she has to head out, but has left a can of soup on the stove for my son (who I had fed about 10 minutes earlier.)  Again, being in a firefight, I exasperate and argue with her about why I can't deal with the pot on the stove.  We bicker a bit and she leaves.  I then hear someone in the game laugh and say "This is why I'm glad my wife is a gamer."  I'm still in a fight, so I don't really have time to ponder this, but in the back of my mind I'm wondering what the heck is happening.  Then we all die, except for one guy, and as I'm sitting there dead one of the guys says "Hey Hurlshot, do you know we can hear you?"

So I guess The Division automatically turns on your mic when you group.  I have a laptop, and I never actually use the mic, but this game conveniently enabled it and broadcast my family antics to the 3 strangers I was grouped with.  After a bit of conversation, I figured out how to enable the push button to talk setting.   :blush:  

Some other games also do this, so I made sure my microphone has a hardware switch. Which, of course, I forget to turn off half the time when I *do* want to use it...eh, rather that way than the other way around, really ;)

ok, i've had enough of that cheating game. the first dark souls was hard but fair, ds2 is outright cheating. i mean i get attacked by an enemy with a vertical hit, i roll out of the way, when his attack is complete im about 45 degrees to the right of where the attack landed and i still get hit. that stuff never happened in ds1 even in high ping pvp, much less with an ai opponent

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

What? You thought it was a quote from some well known wise guy from the past?

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.

Motes of light are for quick upgrading. Though i don't remember how many you have to use per armor to unlock everything.

Even those seem to take forever, especially with the armor pieces.  Guns seem to level up quicker.

This little story has made me want to play The Division more than anything else I've read about it. Hilarious.

• Like 1

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Played a whole lot of Stardew Valley. Middle of Summer, Year 2, making good money now.

I fainted of exhaustion half a meter from my bed because I couldn't get to it. My wife and my dog obstructed both approaches to it and since both were asleep, neither budged. And all this because I spent too much time in the mines fishing cola cans from lava.

More Destiny.  It's difficult to find gear to help me increase my Light level at my current level.  Pretty much just Raid gear, I think, since even purple drops give me stuff that's a good 10 to 15 levels below my Light level.  My helmet's currently my lowest rated piece of equipment at level 289.

Even those seem to take forever, especially with the armor pieces.  Guns seem to level up quicker.

Yeah 15 motes for special, 10 or so for heavy and around 20+ for primary is nothing compared to 100 for Exotic armor maybe even legendary armor.   I have no idea why they made it so, used to be far less XP needed to upgrade armor.

1.13 killed off Ja2.

Yeah 15 motes for special, 10 or so for heavy and around 20+ for primary is nothing compared to 100 for Exotic armor maybe even legendary armor.   I have no idea why they made it so, used to be far less XP needed to upgrade armor.

The equipment drops in Destiny are also kind of weird.  For the longest time, when I was a lower level and needed some purple (or better) equipment, I couldn't get any in engram drops or for completing tasks.  Now that I've got all my equipment slots filled up with purple or gold gear, it seems like I'm getting at least 2 purple engrams per play session (regardless of what game type I play).

It almost felt like from about Light level 240 and below, I got zero purples.  Now that I've been over Light 280, I'm getting them regularly (I literally have my entire Warlock band section full of purple gear I need to level up so I can dismantle for Legendary marks).

The equipment drops in Destiny are also kind of weird.  For the longest time, when I was a lower level and needed some purple (or better) equipment, I couldn't get any in engram drops or for completing tasks.  Now that I've got all my equipment slots filled up with purple or gold gear, it seems like I'm getting at least 2 purple engrams per play session (regardless of what game type I play).

It almost felt like from about Light level 240 and below, I got zero purples.  Now that I've been over Light 280, I'm getting them regularly (I literally have my entire Warlock band section full of purple gear I need to level up so I can dismantle for Legendary marks).

Yeah year 2 is all about the light level. When you're above 300 and if you buy/find a Exotic engram you have a good chance that it's turn out as a 310 item. NOt 100%. Other ways to get over 300 gear are Nightfall or raid or Iron Banner rank 5 gift package.

1.13 killed off Ja2.

Stay away from the challenge dailys unless you're an extremely well coordinated group. Playing with randos just leads to rage quitting, as I have found out

True, but thats why you should try to play Hudson yard mission only. It's the easiest from the challenging versions and you can cheese a lot, but maybe not enough to survive randoms. Also everytime you complete a challenging mission you get 30 Phoenix Credits that you should only spend at the vendor in Base of operations. The one in Dark Zone is too much hassle for little gain. 50 ranks in DZ and the blueprints aren't even better than in the base.

1.13 killed off Ja2.

I am hearing more and more about the The Division. Any PS4 users I can co-op with? My Playstation Network ID is Astiaks.

Feel free to add me. I have also a bunch of other games we can co-op.

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.