What are you playing right now?

Gorth

And down the rabbit hole we go...

First it must be established with 100% certainty what "a great many" equals. Should we use a raw number or percentage of total employees? What establishes "active employee"? A minimum amount of total hours committed project wide? A minimum of 40 hours / week? Their name in the credits?

It's got nothing to do with honour to old modders, or some arbitrary loyalty to the original version. At the end of the day they took it upon themselves to re-release an existing, very good, very playable, game for twice the price, so the onus is on them to provide a superior product. If you feel that they did, go ahead. Some people appreciate the ability to zoom, even at the cost of blurry environments (or like the blurry environments, I guess?). Apparently at least one person likes the new UI, something I could not have imagined humanly possible given its hodgepodge mess of spreadsheet visuals and clashing stylings and badly sized elements, but hey just goes to show I can't speak for everyone. And maybe you really really hate installing mods, even when they are as streamlined as WeiDU are, and would prefer to pay. *shrug* 

Ironically, I probably would have appreciated the EEs if they did less. Just implement tablet compatibility, HD resolutions and modular installations for key mods like Ascension, and sure, chuck in a couple new NPCs people can choose to take or not. Cool. The problem came when they started making things worse. At least, after a very buggy BGEE release, I hear that by their third effort (IWDEE) that is no longer a problem, and a couple of years down the road after release, they've made EEs compatible with a good bunch of mods. 

(As for discs, the originals are half the price of EEs on GOG and have been for years.)

I keep trying to restart Pillars of Eternity from the beginning, and for some reason I can't keep my focus enough to get through the tutorial/beginning section. I suddenly find I'm really not in the mood to engage about 5 minutes into it, and no idea why.

• Like 1

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

^ Same and haven't been able to get back into it for a while

Me too, though I think my problem is at least partially being unable to choose a character to play. The rest I kind of attribute to actually having to pay attention to the filler combat. 90% of IE fights were just Select All -> Attack (and of the last 10%, those mostly just needed haste outside a very few specific battles) but in PoE you actually have to do stuff and use abilities in every fight, and it just begins to wear.

Dreamfall book 5 is going to be a bit of a mess, or will be one very long chapter. Finished 4 just now, shame there aren't more puzzles but oh well. Got a bit of a laugh at the subtlety of the Azadi Nazis.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Still playing that Dying Light expansion. It's really good, but damn I'm getting my butt kicked every time I drive my car at night. On my feet I'm doing ok, but as soon as I sit in my car they rip me to shreds within seconds. I can't outrun them, I can't run them over, it feels like I can't do anything to survive. Oh well.

Still fun though. And the difficulty level makes nights very suspenseful.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Still playing that Dying Light expansion. It's really good, but damn I'm getting my butt kicked every time I drive my car at night. On my feet I'm doing ok, but as soon as I sit in my car they rip me to shreds within seconds. I can't outrun them, I can't run them over, it feels like I can't do anything to survive. Oh well.

Still fun though. And the difficulty level makes nights very suspenseful.

The nighttime gameplay is quite fun. The intensity is a good balance with the extra xp.

Played some Armored Warfare for a change, due to the special event this week. It's still quite fun, though the lack of credits it's getting annoying as I can't afford to open up new tanks.

Also been trying to finish up old games that I've bought years ago from Steam sales, so been playing Warhammer 40K: Dawn of War: Dark Crusade. Still have the Soulstorm addon to finish up after this one..

Tried out The Division beta, don't really know what to make of it yet.

Oh and plaeyd White March part 2 as well, well a little.

Also the next DLC for Cities:Skylines came out so I need to give that a go as well, just don't know where I can find the time for that as well.

Hate the living, love the dead.

Decided to get going on my current Dragon Age Inquisition game. I hate the Wicked Hearts quest, but have to complete it to get moving along with the story.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Finished the second DLC for Destiny (the Wolves one).  It was better than the first, but still felt more like a strike mission than an actual expansion (which is what it was called).

Also disappointed that I never actually got to interact with the Queen.  Just heard her voice at the very end, but never actually got a face to face meeting (or cutscene).

Only the Taken King is left.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I can never do the raids because none of my real life friends play Destiny, and I can never seem to find 6 random people online to do a raid with.

One thing that sucks about being high level but playing through these DLC/expansions is the rewards are way too low for my character.  I just finished the Crota expansion and got a level 10 weapon for my trouble.  Doesn't help me much when I'm level 39 and common green weapons do more damage than that thing.

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I can never do the raids because none of my real life friends play Destiny, and I can never seem to find 6 random people online to do a raid with.

One thing that sucks about being high level but playing through these DLC/expansions is the rewards are way too low for my character. I just finished the Crota expansion and got a level 10 weapon for my trouble. Doesn't help me much when I'm level 39 and common green weapons do more damage than that thing.

This is my problem. It's a little easier with a typical MMO due to the massive amount of content and devs lately making most content doable by a single player, but with Destiny, there's just not enough content for solo players to do. I understand it's not an actual "MMO" but they kind of promoted it like it. And with matchmaking for a lot of components, I'm just not in that stage of my life to devote time into a team of players. Maybe ten years ago but not now. Too old lol

That's why games like The Division seem really appealing but the end of the day, it's gotta have enough content for a solo player to be worth my time.

Decided to get going on my current Dragon Age Inquisition game. I hate the Wicked Hearts quest, but have to complete it to get moving along with the story.

Been playing dai over the past week and that game really feels like work, as I'm somehow obligated to do all the filler quests. Interestingly, I'd had it on hold for a couple of months at the exact same spot...

Played Descent yesterday, while I've dreaded the derp roads parts in the earlier games, this time it feels like the best part of the game outside Trespasser...

• Like 1

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Got to "the point of no return" in Rise of the Tomb Raider, so going back and finishing up the one side quest I still had hanging and now working my way through the challenges and other things to get 100% completion on all areas. I know I could come back after I'm done, but the likelihood of me firing up a finished campaign seems a tad low. I'm a completionist but I'm not that OCD quite yet ;)

Started Hearts of Stone.  That Toad fight indicates I really have no clue how to play the game.  But so far, has been pretty fun and the story's decent enough for what I was expecting.

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Venerari the mutant (not to be confused with Venerari the darksoul who was back at camp training) got a mean beating from them sigmarite flails and warhammers. Heavily wounded he slunk away, leaving the rest of the Purple Toe to the fight. To pretend he was doing stuff and not just hiding, he started to gather wyrdstone, behind the cult's skirmish line. Picking up the leftovers that Lopt the marauder had not been able to carry. He was just about the walk to the cart and unload the haul, when he saw a shape looming down the alley. A chaos ogre?!? How the warp had Lopt not noticed? Was that marauder blind? The ogre for one wasn't. It came lumbering after Venerari. The mutant got two good hits in before all went black.

Miraculously, he awoke back at camp no worse for wear.

• Like 1

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

One thing that sucks about being high level but playing through these DLC/expansions is the rewards are way too low for my character.  I just finished the Crota expansion and got a level 10 weapon for my trouble.  Doesn't help me much when I'm level 39 and common green weapons do more damage than that thing.

You can solo Crota and Prison of elders with your green weapons , sadly not the  Vault of Glass or the Taken king raid.

1.13 killed off Ja2.

I also can't seem to gain any reputation with factions other than the engram dude and the Vanguard faction.  The rest seem to require doing a bunch of MP stuff (of which I can't do as mentioned above).  Wish there was more SP content that gives you a chance to raise your rep with those other factions so I can get access to their gear.

And on that note, I can't seem to find legendary marks or epic shards (or whatever they're called).  I don't mind having to grind, if it results in something good.  But it seems like all I get from grinding are a bunch of blue items or emotes of life tokens that do nothing except raise the level of your equipped gear.

I used to like doing those community event things like destroying that tank in the Cosmodrome because you'd at least get an ascendant shard or something.  Now I get 5 emote of life.

I somehow get to bored with RPGs, especially with late game combat in Septerra Core (wich makes me sad, because I really like the game), so I have decided to start another Paradox Grand Strategy Let's Play.

I have chosen to play for South African Nation of Xhosa and my goal this time, is just survive until the end of the game as long as possible, and in the lucky coincidence, that I will not get crushed by England or Portugal, to end in the final game ranking as high as possible.

Here on my google site bellow, you can find the results of my first day of gaming with EU2 :)

https://sites.google.com/site/mamoulianfh/letsplay/europa-universalis-ii

You can place bets, how long it will take, until I get obliterated :p

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Shadowrun: Hong Kong - Extended Version. Fantastic so far.

I'm looking forward to see if it will be as great as Shadowrun: Dragonfall. But the writing and the atmosphere in both games is absolutely superlative.

Started the Taken King in Destiny.  Now whenever I do any random "patrol mission" that involves taking out a single enemy, they're all level 40 all of a sudden instead of the level the rest of the enemies were prior.  I'm getting absolutely smoked by this one wizard whose friggin' force field will NOT go down.

I also can't seem to gain any reputation with factions other than the engram dude and the Vanguard faction.  The rest seem to require doing a bunch of MP stuff (of which I can't do as mentioned above).  Wish there was more SP content that gives you a chance to raise your rep with those other factions so I can get access to their gear.

And on that note, I can't seem to find legendary marks or epic shards (or whatever they're called).  I don't mind having to grind, if it results in something good.  But it seems like all I get from grinding are a bunch of blue items or emotes of life tokens that do nothing except raise the level of your equipped gear.

I used to like doing those community event things like destroying that tank in the Cosmodrome because you'd at least get an ascendant shard or something.  Now I get 5 emote of life.

You have to buy a class item for each faction then wear it and grind reputation. To get marks to buy those you can grind Daily mission( sP)  for which you get 10 or is it 15 legendary marks and weekly strikes ( you have to complete 3 of them and each gives you 10 marks). Sure you cannot solo NIghtfall ( well you can, but it's not as easy as it was before Taken king) but other  strikes have matchmaking. Other than playing SP, COOP or MP, you have daily bounties Vaunguard or Crucible, Crucible also has weekly bounties, that you have to complete to earn reputation. But yes these days it's very very slow if you only play SP. One of game's bigger faults is the lack of content.

As for legendary marks, i'm was pretty sure you had to be level 38 or something before you could earn them, but i guess my memory is faulty.

Mamoulian War combat in Septerra Core was always it's biggest problem. I don't think there are any people who played it that didn't think about giving up because of the combat, or at least take a break or more from the game. :D

The shards are only meant for Exotic weapons and  you get those by buying them from Xur , a vendor that appears only from Friday to Sunday or by dismantling Exotics. To buy from Xur you need Strange coins and those can be found in everything or nowhere.

Edited by Majek

1.13 killed off Ja2.