What are you playing right now?

Gorth

Start of old Thread

End of old Thread

Previous discussion ended at:

You must be lost if you ended up back in TOR tongue.png

Had a bizarre urge to wave a light saber way back in October. Buddy is replaying so I figured I would finish the download.

Neat that the female IA and Ciri have the same voice actress.

Keyrock kept posting images from Mordheim - City of the Damned, so when I noticed it on sale for 40% I bought it today and is currently downloading it.

I guess between us, we are the Lost and the Damned... tongue.png

Edit to add: Also grabbed a Bioshock trilogy pack for around 5-6 Pounds. Not sure what that is in Dollars, but it is dirt cheap.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Start of old Thread

End of old Thread

Previous discussion ended at:

Keyrock kept posting images from Mordheim - City of the Damned, so when I noticed it on sale for 40% I bought it today and is currently downloading it.

Playing the part of Melky in this post is Keyrock.  :shifty:

• Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

There's an event going on in Warframe so I'm playing mostly that right now. Seems they finally found a way to keep people playing during these events without making the final reward depend on insane grind, which is good.

I've been tempted by Rise of the Tomb Raider, would those of you who've played it say it's worth getting at full price? (well, minus the 10% it's currently off on Steam I guess)

One final mission in Assassin's Creed Syndicate and then I'm done the main story.  Jacob's more of an ass, but Evie's part of the story is so boring.  "Oh, looking for a piece of Eden.  Oops, it slipped through my grasp again in a silly manner because that way we can be strung along through all memory sequences".

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I've been playing Titan Quest because my PC bit it and I'm waiting on parts, and the only PC I have access to is a bit naff.  It's making me very tempted to buy Grim Dawn (which, admittedly, I was tempted by anyway) except I'm not sure that the masteries in Grim Dawn appeal to me.

@keyrock

Guess we are the two regular screenshooters who play games that may otherwise have gone underneath people`s radars, so in memory we merge into one person :p

I should resume regular mordheim screenshooting tonight.

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

I've been tempted by Rise of the Tomb Raider, would those of you who've played it say it's worth getting at full price? (well, minus the 10% it's currently off on Steam I guess)

Did you like the original? I mean, the original reboot. Gah.

I'm at what I assume is the end part of Attractio, if not, then pretty close to it.  

For the most part, I thought the puzzles in the game were pretty good.  There were a couple of parts where the mechanics were a bit wonky, leading to... for lack of a better term, inconsistent results,something that should never happen in a puzzle game, but overall I thought the puzzles were clever and made good use of gravity, momentum, and friction.

Sadly, as is far too often the case, the final challenge of the game, assuming what I'm at is the final challenge, winds up being disappointing.  It just seems so unnatural to end a puzzle game with an action sequence.  To be fair, there is a tiny bit of a puzzle element to this challenge, but it's mostly action.  I had been playing this game for over 8 hours and everything up to that point, which I'm assuming is the final challenge, had been a puzzle.  There is a little bit of an element of timing and platforming and quick aiming to these puzzles, slightly more so than Portal, but overwhelmingly getting past the puzzles has depended more on creative thinking over twitch skills.  Then I get to what I assume is the final challenge and the puzzle element of it is very much secondary and the challenge is heavily reliant on running, dodging, and quick aiming.  It flies in the face of everything that came before it.  This is so reminiscent of what also happened at the end of Portal Stories: Mel and how it left a bad taste in my mouth after what was otherwise an enjoyable puzzle game.  Is it so hard to end a puzzle game with...  wait for it...  wait for it...  a puzzle?  Am I crazy here?

Anyway, I got about halfway through it a couple days ago and haven't had the desire to touch it since, but I guess I'll power through it just to finish the game today or tomorrow.

• Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Mainly playing Darkest Dungeon at the moment. Waiting for White March 2, although... of course it looks like I'll be moving just around the time it'll drop so it'll probably be a while before internet and all that is setup at my new place. Goddamnit.

Also playing some of the Torment: Tides of Numenera beta. Though I'm trying to take it real slow, don't want to play it to death before the final version comes.

• Like 1

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

Community in TOR is as dead as I remeber. Must be my server.

Gearing up to play more Dreamfall Chapters. Once I get a save so I can avoid replaying book 1 and 2

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I finished the main storyline in Elder Scrolls Online.  I think it was better than most of the Elder Scrolls stories, tbh.  

Not exactly a tall hurdle to clear.  :-

• Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

I finished the main storyline in Elder Scrolls Online.  I think it was better than most of the Elder Scrolls stories, tbh.  

I've heard a lot of good things about the writing and I've checked out some of the in game books.  I'm tempted but I just know all those other people running around my freaking game will ruin it for me  :biggrin:

I've heard a lot of good things about the writing and I've checked out some of the in game books.  I'm tempted but I just know all those other people running around my freaking game will ruin it for me  :biggrin:

It's been a huge help to have those people running around.  The dungeons are pretty tough without someone else killing off a few mobs.  They've done a good job of eliminating any of the frustrations you might get from kill stealing, etc.  

I've been idling my way through Rise of the Tomb Raider (pc) and generally enjoying it. It has much more of an archaeological / exploration bent, even if it does get a little murder festy in some ways. The mechanics are tweaked a bit better than Tomb Raider, and the graphics certainly keep things looking nice.

There are more in the way of tombs and interesting caves and background to dabble in and all seem to have one specific form of platform style puzzle. The figure out ways to get from A to B, along with right shift of gears, or getting water levels to drop/rise, etc.

Storywise, there were a few obvious beats, or I'm fairly good at going "that's going to be the twist" in advance. And actually I'm getting a similar vibe to the Tomb Raider reboot in sequence of events and specific notes on the delivery. Although one thing that's a bit off-putting is that it drops you in at the start with a big bad organisation and references to earlier things, that get no real explanation. I'm wondering if there's other media bits that tie in to what's happening.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Still playing Dragon's Dogma. I defeated the Dragon the game got its name from.. but the game didn't end? I'm very confused.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Finished the main story in Assassin's Creed Syndicate.

I keep going back and forth on how I feel about it.  On one hand, I thought the missions you undertake with regards to each sequence were fun.  On the other hand, I'm not sure they flowed from one sequence to the next as well as previous installments in the series.

I also thought Evie was the more interesting of the two characters, but at the same time thought a lot of her missions in the story weren't as good as Jacob's.  Evie was all about the piece of Eden and the Shroud, while Jacob was more about the present -- taking back London from the thugs and Templars.

In the end, like with all AC games, I can't complain.  I enjoyed it and was money well spent.  I'm just not sure where it ranks among the previous games.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I broke down and bought Grim Dawn (it was my birthday, that's my excuse) and it's pretty darn good. There are a few complaints I could make (like the return of barrel smashing, I liked that not being a thing in Titan Quest) but all told, really pleased. I died twice (one right after the other, I didn't realize the water in one area was poison, I assumed it was the boss + hero combo that was killing me so fast) but that was all in 7 hours (again, birthday) and 18 levels.

Haven't been super lucky on drops (and iron is tight so the few good weapons I've seen for sale have been way out of my price range) but I'm getting by, although I started going through potions pretty quick the last bit I played.

Looking forward to more.

The point where you really remember why it's fine to hate auto-save/auto-checkpoint games.

When you've spent hours playing through a game, get to the end sequence, face the final "boss", then as the big cinematic wrap sequence starts to tell you just how the story ends....

The cat startles you, your thumb accidentally hits the spacebar which skips the whole movie. Then the game auto-saves.  Leaving you with no clue of what the hell just happened to tie things up, and there's no option to reload from before.

Time to hunt up youtube endings I guess.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."