How are people finding the 3.0 patch changes?

Unless they've bumped up the difficulty of level 8-9 though, you'll be overleveled for those by necessity now if you can get through level 7.

Well, encounters for the lower levels of Od Nua are said to have been revised in general; I was hoping the other levels down to 12 had all been upped in a similar way.

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

It's cool Obsidian reworked survival because most people considered it crap, but few folks actually found duration bonus useful. If Obsidian wanted to buff survival they should've kept old survival bonus which was IIRC 30% per 6 skill levels, now it's just 20%.

Vancian =/= per rest.

The end-fight of Endless Paths Level 7 is SO much harder now. Changed from 5 spectres to 3 Spectres, 3 animats, 3 adragan, and 2 adra animats.

It's a huge jump in difficulty now, was very suprised and wiped instantly. Seems a bit much to be honest, or at least the encounters before should scale up to it better. Everything before had been a cakewalk for this party and then this fight was like running into a brick wall.

What other encounters have people noticed that have been changed?

with a level 7-8 party, Gromnir is functionally barred from progressing any deeper than level 7 as last night we ran into the meatgrinder battle you identify.  on second try, we managed to kill 1/2 foes before wiping.  with healthy use o' scrolls and food, we might be able to survive this battle with luck and a half dozen more attempts, but am not seeing the point.  will level a bit before trying again.  

we have not noticed any major changes or increases in difficulty for particular battles previous to this point. 

HA! Good Fun!

ps  we don't mind the increase in difficulty, but the brobdingnagian scale o' the change comes w/o warning and is complete disproportionate to  other combat encounters on the same floor of the cad nua endless paths.

Edited by Gromnir

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Have the 'random' drop tables been changed (which loot you get which day)? I'm not getting the drops I should.

Wouldn't be the first time after a patch.

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Hit level 9 and went back to the encounter, cleared it out on first try. Plague of Inscects + Relentless Storm combined with Dragon Trashed made a big difference.

Have the 'random' drop tables been changed (which loot you get which day)? I'm not getting the drops I should.

Wouldn't be the first time after a patch.

;__;

Hey (you bunch of glorious gamers)

What's the lowest level I can upscale white march? Need my bow of explosive awesomnes.limaxophobiacq, on 09 Feb 2016 - 08:15 AM, said:

Level 10+ for White March Part 1, and level 12+ for White March part 2

The end-fight of Endless Paths Level 7 is SO much harder now. Changed from 5 spectres to 3 Spectres, 3 animats, 3 adragan, and 2 adra animats.

It's a huge jump in difficulty now, was very suprised and wiped instantly. Seems a bit much to be honest, or at least the encounters before should scale up to it better. Everything before had been a cakewalk for this party and then this fight was like running into a brick wall.

What other encounters have people noticed that have been changed?

Yes, we changed quite a few of the encounters throughout Od Nua. Mainly thinning out some of the 'trash mobs" but also to increase difficulty. Level 7 is definitely the biggest spike in my opinion.

I got your backs

-SKing

• Like 3

I think the new athletics ability "second wind" is too boring, plus one healing spell? Previously skills was used outside of combat, and it was good idea.

So what about to do: health = endurance * (3 + x*athletics), where x different from class, by example for wizard x = 0,2 for barbarian x = 0,4.

What about that survival get directly bonuses for combat, why it really should do? I think survival must help to find hidden loot and switches(not mechanics).

And please do something with moon goodlike ability "silver tide" - It is not interested to do a variety party on PotD because six moon goodlikes is obviously the best choice.  I write about this here ( https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/84156-silver-tide-is-too-strong/ ) - it get about +25% endurance healing per cast, so 6 goodlikes = 18 time for silver tide, it get your party almost immortal 

I think the new athletics ability "second wind" is too boring, plus one healing spell? Previously skills was used outside of combat, and it was good idea.

So what about to do: health = endurance * (3 + x*athletics), where x different from class, by example for wizard x = 0,2 for barbarian x = 0,4.

What about that survival get directly bonuses for combat, why it really should do? I think survival must help to find hidden loot and switches(not mechanics).

And please do something with moon goodlike ability "silver tide" - It is not interested to do a variety party on PotD because six moon goodlikes is obviously the best choice.  I write about this here ( https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/84156-silver-tide-is-too-strong/ ) - it get about +25% endurance healing per cast, so 6 goodlikes = 18 time for silver tide, it get your party almost immortal 

Ugh, min-maxers ... I'm easily dealing with PotD without any godlikes in my group - by no means do you need moon godlikes. I'm not sure why people think they need to do something due to some notion that it's 'the best'. Play the game to have fun, RP if that interests you, but certainly don't run with six moon godlikes if it's annoying you (which it clearly is). Personally, I like an even split between male and female, everyone a distinct race, and using a distinct main weapon - it gives the party a unique feel, and to me that's fun.

Edited by mychal26
  • Like 6

I just won my first run in Path of the Damned! I'm so proud of myself (my life is terrible indeed :grin:), it's the first time I win a game at the highest difficulty. And I had no moon godlikes in my party! Actually, I even favored some weak pieces of gear because they looked better on my characters! :p

So yeah, if I made it, anyone can. Moon godlikes aren't needed to survive PotD.

Sorry I just had to share this. Joy is in the little things! :p

• Like 5

Edér, I am using WhatsApp!

• 3 weeks later...

Is it possible to rewind/modify change of action bar, to have all potions/item skills visible all the time like before 3.0 instead of bag shorcut icon?

Probably not, the devs seem to think the new style is a major improvement :(

I was away from the game since V1, and started a new game at V3.01.  I'm sure if I micro-analysed it I'd find changes I like and others I don't, but stepping back from the details and looking at the big picture, I think V3 is much better than V1, and the game is more fun now.  In V1 I felt combat was one of the weaker elements of the game, but it's come into its own (at least on PoD).  Some absurdly OP abilities got nerfed, some previous weak things I never bothered with, I now use (such as the pre-fight drugs for example).  I might be in the minority, but I like the segregation of spells and abilities into per-rest and per-encounter.  My memory is fuzzy on the details, but I think there are more tooltips and info in the UI now too?

On the balance I like the changes, although I'm sure not every last one.  I still feel the difficulties are misnamed and off-by-one: PoD is Hard, Hard=Normal, Normal=Easy, and there should be a true PoD above the current one.  But so far I'm happy with the current PoD (I'm playing non-minmax, non-restspam, and it's just about right for me at least up through the end of Act 1).

• Like 1

Frankly I preferred being able to see all the things I could use and cast on display.

Yes, this change annoys me a lot. I hate the modern trend of making every UI element tiny af and hiding things behind menus when we have assloads of space on our screens these days with high resolutions.

• Like 1

I hate the modern trend of making every UI element tiny af and hiding things behind menus when we have assloads of space on our screens these days with high resolutions.

My guess is: Game Developers do that, because in their 3D-Programs Menus are similarily organized. Just dropdowns inside dropdowns. And because they hate it themselves, they do everything with shortcuts. :)

My solution would be a "responsive" approach. If there is enough space on screen, show us the whole thing. If not, use the bag-icon.

Wait, I have another idea: What if the bag-dropdown does not open above the bag-icon, but to the right (pushing everything else to the right) and it could be left open, if someone decided to. So everyone would be happy.

• Like 2

---

We're all doomed

Wait, I have another idea: What if the bag-dropdown does not open above the bag-icon, but to the right (pushing everything else to the right) and it could be left open, if someone decided to. So everyone would be happy.

That's all I want, a hotkey that opens up everything the character can do: All spells, all consumables, EVERYTHING possible appearing on screen so I don't have to hover the cursor over 500 different UI elements to see the possibilities. Obsidian already did this with NWN2 with tons of hotbars and the quickcast menu showing all spells, why the hell isn't the same thing supported in Pillars?

• Like 1

The 3.00.9xx (latest one via Steam) is making a tremendous difference in the game! Can't wait for 8 more days to pick up the PTII expansion! OK, this game is truly going to be a contender, I hope, for the 2016 RPG awards--it seems like the game is finally homogenizing, if you know what I mean!

I think it's fairly important, too, to start the game over with the patch/expansion. The game has always seemed more like a collection of disparate pieces than a unified whole, until now--I think that when the last patch for PTII is done--this game will move into legendary status!

I have to admit that even in combat--it was fun from the start--I do enjoy not having to micromanage every character through every turn,,,the automatic scripting seems to work really well in the latest 3.xx patch! Very happy with it--because I can still pause the action at any time and direct individual characters!

Good job, Obsidian...! This is what comes of not walking away from a game the minute it's published--or six months later, etc. You hang in there until you get it right--get it like you want it. I am very happy with the game...!

Couldnt agree more.

NV for example was a good game with issues at release.

Ultimate edition is one of the best games ever. They really worked on it til it was superb

I find myself forgetting to use consumables and abilities added by items because they're hidden behind that bag icon.

Same.

I like the idea to reduce clutter in the bar, and I understand bars can get hellaciously long when you're very high level, but it would be nice if the backpack grouping was optional. I appreciate the idea behind it, but in practice I find myself forgetting about stuff I have because I don't see it at a glance when I select my characters.

• Like 1

New action bar with hidden shortcuts in icon bag  also doesn't take to for me.. Pls give us option  to toogle hidden shortcuts or not.any chance for that ?

That's not a console games or 15' monitors.

Edited by Gs11
  • Like 1