How are people finding the 3.0 patch changes?

Sworn Enemy instantly applies it's effects on an enemy. The missiles take some time to reach the target and then the rolls are made (miss/graze/hit/crit, damage roll and so on). So I see no reason why Wrath of the Five Suns shouldn't profit from Sworn Enemy. It should behave like any other Missile Spell.

I think with these improvements Pallegina turns from an OK companion to one of the best.

There's also a priest spell, spelltongue and a mage spell that prolong buff durations (besides INT) - so maybe you can stretch that +20% attack speed buff from Pallegina.

I would like it even better if the duration was even shorter but attack speed and reload speed would be buffed by +70% instead.

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Honnestly, I think survival bonus would be balanced if they didn't stack with Inn AND Caed Nua bonus.

When you camp, you should be able to choose between still lasting Caed Nua bonus OR (exclusive) Survivale Ones.

That is what survival is about : adaptability and ability to sleep anywhere without penalties.

Currenlty, sleeping at a campfire after leaving Caed Nua is strictly better than sleeping at Caed Nua which does not make sense...

By the way, one should also be able to choose between Caed Nua and survival bonus when sleeping at Caed Nua.

And one should also be able to choose between Inn, Survival, and still lasting Caed Nua bonus when sleeping at an Inn.

I agree with Boeroer : Pallegina may not be the best, but she is the most unique now.

If I want a DPS NPC Paladin now, I think I'll bring Pallegina in my party.

Side-note : you may want to take scion of flame for her now : it applies both to wrath of the five suns and Immolation (and gives +5 Fire DR), so it may worth it at lvl 14+.

• Like 1

By the way, one should also be able to choose between Caed Nua and survival bonus when sleeping at Caed Nua.

And one should also be able to choose between Inn, Survival, and still lasting Caed Nua bonus when sleeping at an Inn.

This wouldn't make a great deal of sense, tbh.

• Like 1

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

^ you wouldn't apply it to an inn or to your rooms in Caed Nua, though.

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

How does that apply, exactly?

If you apply your knowledge if financial derivatives to trading and you make a million dollars, you'll still be rich when you bake a cake with your wife. Good luck making a million dollars applying your knowledge of financial derivatives to baking a cake with your wife, though.

Likewise, good luck getting a bonus by applying your Survival skill to resting at an inn :)

Likewise, good luck getting a bonus by applying your Survival skill to resting at an inn :)

Wait, so by resting in the woods with survival knowledge you can get faster, but by resting in a inn you can't, because forests are magical and you can't replicate said magic in a town?

Ideally, survival bonuses should apply only when in wilderness areas, but since that is not the case I have nothing against getting them after sleeping in an inn.

You only get them if you camp. Doesn't matter where.

Did anybody else notice that if you camp two times in a row (I chose DR bonus both times) your special bonus is gone? It's a bug I think...

• Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Wait, so by resting in the woods with survival knowledge you can get faster, but by resting in a inn you can't, because forests are magical and you can't replicate said magic in a town?

Never said forests were magical. If that was the case, everyone would get a bonus by sleeping in forests and it would always be the same bonus regardless of the number of ranks they invested in the Survival skill (and nobody would get a bonus for sleeping in a dungeon.) Since the bonus comes from your Survival skill, and there is nothing in a hotel room to which said skill could possibly apply, I wouldn't want the relevant bonuses to apply either when resting at an inn. Again, it would be like applying financial knowledge to baking a cake :)

Dungeons count as wilderness areas, unless they're comfortably set up as cosy hotel rooms, with hot beds and room service—that doesn't seem to be the case with dungeons I've seen in PoE, though. ;)

• Like 1

Dungeons count as wilderness areas, unless they're comfortably set up as cosy hotel rooms, with hot beds and room service—that doesn't seem to be the case with dungeons I've seen in PoE, though. ;)

Honestly, the common room of the Black Hound is probably worse than some ancient ruins out there.

But I guess I understand what you mean, that you see the survival bonuses are representing the product of something you do in the wilds during the rest period, like... I don't know, brewing tea from weeds you find around the roads?

Edited by DreamWayfarer
  • Like 1

It's a high fantasy setting so sure, the forests are magical

Yes I'll concede that stealth in it's current form has it's uses for all characters and to characterize it as completely useless is wrong.

But I'm talking about a backstabbing rogue in a classic D&D style. The opportunity is so limited that it almost doesn't exist as a play style or tactic and when I chose a rogue I chose it with that play style in mind, being as it's advertised from the outset with the talents and skills that are presented to you. Just change shadowing beyond to one per encounter, even that would be preferable and a some way to a solution, at the very least a partial relief.

In addition. you can't backstab with your special attacks from shadowing beyond but you can from stealth. Escape is broke as **** and coordinated position is sooo situational I can never use it.. and I chose that first thinking it would be great. Just fix the glitch and engagement issues and widen the area for these skills and we can see a unique and interesting class take shape.

I feel just looking at these survival bonuses, the DR bonus and accuracy, they are horrendously overpowered, a basically free couple extra DR is huge for my mage, I tend to powergame pretty hard (I just call that "how to play a game") and the game is an absolute cakewalk currently on Hard. I don't enjoy the notion that everyone should be able to heal themselves... I just don't know where they came up with these.. was the community really requesting these kinds of changes. Even the white march talents are just ill thought out, they're either so weak they're a waste of a talent or they're an instant selection for someone in your party, they seem to be having a nightmare balancing at the moment. I understand it was to attempt to add some new potential builds and a pseudo multi classing element but it's more like, muddying the whole experience and blurring the lines as to what each classes' purpose is.

It seems like for every hit obsidian make there's an equal miss, props for still working away at it though.

A lot of people making a lot of good points, especially the selection of which active rest bonus you want..

I'm relieved to hear that it's not just me that's frustrated with the new UI.

Edited by Spam101
  • Like 1

Survival was a solid ability and provided a good bonus maxed out that you can't get from any other means.. it was a mistake to change that.

What I would say is make potions much quicker to use, I think making them instantaneous (if you're not afflicted with prone or paralyzed etc) with their own cooldown timer is the way forward.. because of the anti pre-buffing mechanic (which I like), it makes no sense for me to use them mid combat over a more powerful spell or ability as I've still got to go through the animation and the recovery just like any other skill or spell, and they cost nothing. I've not been in a long enough combat situation to use up all my best abilities to the point were potions represent a sensible choice.

The only thing I use item wise is start a big battle with the single use summon as they're obviously hugely beneficial and hard to substitute.

Oh and your item cooldown timer could be reduced by investing in your lore skill.. (maxing it out would maybe allow you 2/3 item uses during a typical large combat situation?)  adding some much needed value to that. (you can probably roleplay that knowing your inventory and ingredients better makes it easier to administer or something)

Edited by Spam101

Yes I'll concede that stealth in it's current form has it's uses for all characters and to characterize it as completely useless is wrong.

But I'm talking about a backstabbing rogue in a classic D&D style. The opportunity is so limited that it almost doesn't exist as a play style or tactic and when I chose a rogue I chose it with that play style in mind, being as it's advertised from the outset with the talents and skills that are presented to you. Just change shadowing beyond to one per encounter, even that would be preferable and a some way to a solution, at the very least a partial relief.

In addition. you can't backstab with your special attacks from shadowing beyond but you can from stealth. Escape is broke as **** and coordinated position is sooo situation I can never use it.. and I chose that first thinking it would be great. Just fix the glitch and engagement issues and widen the area for these skills and we can see a unique and interesting class take shape.

I feel just looking at these survival bonuses, the DR bonus and accuracy, they are horrendously overpowered, a basically free couple extra DR is huge for my mage, I tend to powergame pretty hard (I just call that "how to play a game") and the game is an absolute cakewalk currently on Hard. I don't enjoy the notion that everyone should be able to heal themselves... I just don't know where they came up with these.. was the community really requesting these kinds of changes. Even the white march talents are just ill thought out, they're either so weak they're a waste of a talent or they're an instant selection for someone in your party, they seem to be having a nightmare balancing at the moment. I understand it was to attempt to add some new potential builds and a pseudo multi classing element but it's more like, muddying the whole experience and blurring the lines as to what each classes' purpose is.

It seems like for every hit obsidian make there's an equal miss, props for still working away at it though.

A lot of people making a lot of good points, especially the selection of which active rest bonus you want..

I'm relieved to hear that it's not just me that's frustrated with the new UI.

Backstabbing is way more useful than classic DnD play, because you can backstab on status ailments.  Backstab is pretty easy, you just rotate a character around the mob.  I don't have a problem pulling it off on my monk with apprentice backstab.

Hard has always been not that hard.  The game really comes to life in PotD.

Second wind comes from 4E, and I love the change.  It makes it much easier to explore the other spells of priests instead of just having a healbot.  It provides a nice counter to survival, and makes melee parties far more viable.  However, even with maxed athletics, I still drain Durance's available healing pretty frequently.

I never tried backstab because when i was playing this game individual stealth wasn't in yet.

I cant remember, is backstab a full attack? if you're dual wielding do both swords strike with the damage bonus or only one?

If its not a full attack then it's only really worth it to backstab with an estoc.