[v3.00.929 PX1-Steam] Faith and Conviction Nerfed of Bugged?

limaxophobiacq

Question

I can't get faith and conviction over 8 (or 8.8 but it rounds down) deflection even with DispositionAddPoints to get 4/4 in my favored disposition, and I had to level up after raising them to get that to work.

Is this a bug or a nerf? 8.8 seems a weird number to cap at so it feels like a bug. It used to cap at +11 deflection +22 fort/ref/will.

12 answers to this question

Hey Iimaxophobiacq,

There were no changes made to Faith and Conviction and Deep Faith. Faith and Conviction also scales with level, if you open up the description and hover over the green text, it will tell you the level scaling. Deflection gets +1 every 5 levels and all other defenses get +2 every 5 levels. Is this for your main character or Pallegina? 

Main, otherwise I wouldnt think disposition would matter.

is particularly odd as on the character record tab/sheet, under "active effects," our faiths and convictions is described as yielding a base 8.8 for deflection and 17.6 for all other defenses.  furthermore, when we cursor over the descriptor, the math is described as follows: "base 8.8, +1 every five levels after 0."

even more curious, what appears to be happening is that companion npcs is benefitting from our inexplicable "+1 every five levels after 0," as pallegina and created companion paladins have 2 instances o' faith and convictions modifiers appearing when i cursor over their deflection scores.  our level 12 main paladin character receives +8 to deflection for faiths and convictions, but pallegina receives faith and conviction bonuses of +8 total deflection (+6 AND +2) and a created level 7 paladin is receiving +7 (+5 and +2) to her deflection.

HA! Good Fun!

Edited by Gromnir

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

I'm having the same issue with my paladin main character (level 13, loaded savegame that was started before v3.00.929 PX1-Steam).  Paladin MC has maxed-out (4/4) relevant favored dispositions, though I understand only the first 3 levels of each disposition granted Faith and Conviction bonuses.  Also no ranks in disfavored dispositions.

Before the 3.00 beta patch, Faith and Conviction maxed out at:

+11 deflection (5 base + 6 from dispositions)

+22 fort/ref/will (10 base + 12 from dispositions)

Under the 3.00 beta patch notes, the base bonuses for Faith and Conviction have been reduced to +4 deflection, +8 fort/ref/will.

As such, a paladin MC with maxed-out favored dispositions (and no disfavored dispositions) under the 3.00 beta patch should be:

+10 deflection (4 base + 6 from dispositions)

+20 fort/ref/will (8 base + 12 from dispositions)

However, under the 3.00 beta patch, my paladin MC shows Faith and Conviction bonuses of:

+8.8 deflection (4 base +1 every 5 levels after 0) (note: rounds down to +8 when calculating total deflection)

+17.6 fort/ref/will (8 base +2 every 5 levels after 0) (note: rounds down to +17 when calculating total fort/ref/will)

There are several issues here.

First, why are we even getting decimal values?  Whether the paladin is the MC or Pallegina, there should never be decimal values.

Second, the Faith and Conviction values aren't even being calculated correctly.  If the deflection bonus should be (4 base + 1 every 5 levels), then a level 13 paladin NPC should have a total +6 deflection bonus.

Third, and most importantly, it appears the Faith and Conviction bonuses for a paladin MC aren't getting properly calculated based on disposition.  It's possible that it's now using the NPC calculation (bonuses calculated by level instead of by disposition) for the MC as well, though nothing in the patch notes indicates that should be the case.

On a related note, did Deep Faith get nerfed somewhere along the line?  It used to provide a flat +2 deflection and +5 fort/ref/will bonus to Faith and Conviction.  It's now +2 deflection and +3 fort/ref/will bonus.

• Like 1

I have a main PC character paladin, but I seem to be getting only the new modifiers for NPC paladins on my faith and conviction (the scaled bonuses per 5 levels.)  It seems to be ignoring my positive dispositions.  Hope this was the right place to mention this, I am not on these forums much...

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

still bugged as of 3.01.

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

They said it will be fixed in 3.02 in the other thread.

with 3.02, the value from dispositions has been decreased so we get a net gain between 3.01 and 3.02 of +0 to deflection and +0 to other defenses?

am... confused.

HA! Good Fun!