I wish hide armour similar to this exotic tribal style would be added to the game so my druid/shaman/witch doctor could look fancy and primal. It would make him very happy.

Obsidian, I'll give you a cookie.

tribal_II_big.jpg

tribal_I_big.jpg

If not in PoE1, then in PoE2. Yes Obsidian, a new list of demands by an ever increasingly demanding community is in the making. Prepare yourselves! :D. That said, if you include this armour I'll add one cookie to the cookie jar.

• Like 2

I would like Ivy Valentine armor coupled with Bayonetta pistol pumps. :dancing:

I'm thinking more spiked bikini mail over a pierced nipple leather bodice and momma's own bullwhip on the side.

Sounds good to me. Maybe that's what it can look like after you upgrade with the Durgan ingots. :thumbsup:

I'm thinking more spiked bikini mail over a pierced nipple leather bodice and momma's own bullwhip on the side.

That's what my battle nun looked like in my mind when we played Arkham Horror last night!

Well she actually looks kinda like this:

tumblr_m5636dEcng1rv4c7ho1_1280.jpg

but I tots equipped her with a double-barreled shotgun, whip and some abominable item from outer space. She's badass,

Edit: Yes, I'm on topic! I want eldrich abomination to be an armor in Pillars of Eternity 2. There.

Edited by Fenixp
  • Like 1

Obsidian, please add these outfits but make them wearable only by male characters. :devil:

• Like 5

"Some ideas are so stupid that only an intellectual could believe them." -- attributed to George Orwell

Obsidian, please add these outfits but make them wearable only by male characters. :devil:

This <3

but men will get to wear Maneha's outfit in PX2

Only men?

Besides, I thought Manhea was a woman (the portrait looks rather feminine.)

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

y8tka.jpg

• Like 1

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Serious. Basically, some exotic and unique heavy and light weapons. I think the world of PoE2 will be suited for this kind of weapons.

And I have a suggestion. Let's start a categorization thread. For example, "Wishes, suggestions and requests for PoE2".

So, that we can easily follow other ideas and discuss it. Right now there are several threads about PoE2 and when I'm gone for a couple of days I can't follow it because  ideas are scattered across the threads.

maxresdefault.jpg

PICT0270.jpg

13th13thScythe_zps03060953.png

Edited by Cyseal
  • Like 1

Bleh, many of them are just so bland I gots to say.  I's very peculiar about me's armours, aren't we my precious?

*Steals cookie jar*

*eats all the cookies*

*spaffs into jar because he's a bastard*

"That rabbit's dynamite!" - King Arthur, Monty Python and the Quest for the Holy Grail

"Space is big, really big." - Douglas Adams

Bleh, many of them are just so bland I gots to say.  I's very peculiar about me's armours, aren't we my precious?

No matter, just so they are in the same thread and not scattered.

Even bland ideas can become great ones if enough iterated and improved.

I would like none of the things depicted in those screenshots.

One of things I like about PoE is its toned-down, historically rooted, non-cartoony art style. I like the fact that all weapons and armor in the game are based on historical weapons and armors, and that their design is never over-the-top or WoWish even for the most magical items. I also love that female armor is not, in fact, a chain-mail bikini purposefully designed for titillation rather than protection.

We do not know where on Eora PoE 2 will take place, and whether exotic weapons and armors will fit (usually we tend to associate "exotic" with "Asian", so I take it you mean stuff like katana, shuriken, wakizashi, etc.) Personally, I hope not—I was never big on that kind of exotic equipment, which got overly inflated in BG2 (and in all IE games with the Enhanced Editions, for that matter.)

Besides, how would a glass armor be of any help? It would shatter instantaneously, harming its wearer. And I don't think I can picture anyone dual-wielding staves :)

Edited by AndreaColombo
  • Like 6

We do not know where on Eora PoE 2 will take place, and whether exotic weapons and armors will fit (usually we tend to associate "exotic" with "Asian", so I take it you mean stuff like katana, shuriken, wakizashi, etc.) Personally, I hope not—I was never big on that kind of exotic equipment, which got overly inflated in BG2 (and in all IE games with the Enhanced Editions, for that matter.)

Besides, how would a glass armor be of any help? It would shatter instantaneously, harming its wearer. And I don't think I can picture anyone dual-wielding staves :)

PoE2 will be stranger and different place than Dyrwood so maybe some exotic weaponry would suit to it. I only posted images to show weapon's geometry which could be refurbished to the needs of the game.

Maybe, coated glass with some material could be for the good use in combat and protection from magic.

1972-1-1322543816.jpg

Mages, ciphers and priests could dual wield it and have additional punch. 

I'm interested what new game mechanics could there be implemented ?

Edited by Cyseal

Dual-wielding staves would be highly impractical; even a very strong, very agile person would have a hard time posing any actual melee threat with a staff in both hands due to the overall goofiness of trying to maneuver with one hand a weapon that was clearly designed to be held with both.

Not sure about the usage of glass in an armor. Diamond, maybe. Being the hardest material known to man, it could be protective—but it would be one hell of an expensive suit of armor if it had diamond in it. It could potentially look very cool, but if diamond was used to an extent that was sufficient to provide any actual protection, it would also be rather awkward and bulky.

Edited by AndreaColombo

...I also love that female armor is not, in fact, a chain-mail bikini purposefully designed for titillation rather than protection...

...Besides, how would a glass armor be of any help? It would shatter instantaneously, harming its wearer. And I don't think I can picture anyone dual-wielding staves original.gif

Its called magic, AC. :p

For consistency sake, I assume you also frown upon the rings and amulets? After all, how can a little band of metal that only covers a fraction of skin, confer protection over the entire body?

Okay, now I'm starting to worry we'll actually see some of of this silly assed stuff in Pillars 2. Please don't put in swords that look like one half of a sandwich board sign, armor that looks like it would castrate the wearing during the process of putting it on his body, or other such highly stylized stuff. Sure, something like a witch doctor armor set if and only if it fits somewhere in the setting. I only think that would work because, while the whole thing might look unbalanced, at least most of the material is light weight items like feathers and whatnot. Even then, it should provide minimal protection.

• Like 4

bother?

For consistency sake, I assume you also frown upon the rings and amulets? After all, how can a little band of metal that only covers a fraction of skin, confer protection over the entire body?

They still protect less than armor. And if you can use magic to make glass harder than steel, you may as well use it on cloth and be done with it.

I am all for fancy looking gear, especially for the highborn types and magic users out there, but it has to look at least usable in a fight. The witch doctor outfit on the original post seems on the right place for PoE, in terms of not looking too unpratical. Still, I wouldn't wear it for a big, serious fight unless I valued style above my safety.

Edited by DreamWayfarer
  • Like 1