Thinking of a solid comp for ranged potd

Leaning towards ranger death godlike, , paladin moongodlike for offtanking, eder, Durante for my priest

Ranged rogue for mechanics, one ranged cipher for cc

Think this would be a good group or should I change priest to a chanter?

This is in prep with 3.0 changes in mind

I've had a lot of fun with paladin + druid + paladin frontline, ranger + ranger + ranger backrow. Give one of the rangers or paladins a background that gives 'em +1 mechanics, it won't be as good as a rogue but it'll get the job done. Use rest bonuses to make up the slack if absolutely necessary.

Once CC is enough; if you want Durance in the party he'll get the job done fine. He can fill the front-row position nicely as well, once you have some defensive talents on him. In fact his special Magran talent (sword, arquebus) fits this role nicely as he can participate effectively in the alpha strike and then poke at things with a sword. If you give him Shame or Glory he'll even give a nice +10 ACC bonus to whoever's standing nearby.

I'd rather have two paladins than paladin + Edér: the rangers will be doing the bulk of the damage anyway, and two paladins can contribute a megaload of support -- two auras, enough Lay on Hands to keep the pets fighting a looong time, and later Exhortations that get you out of trouble and give nice bonuses. I used a Darcozzi (Inspiring Liberation) and Goldpact (Bonds of Duty). Both are really good, long-duration buffs and you get 2/encounter.

I have a project. It's a tabletop RPG. It's free. It's a work in progress. Find it here: www.brikoleur.com

Unless your going fir a RP playthru forget the Companions and build your own adventurers. Sell Guan's Pledge to Heoden abd rush to Gilded Vale asap. You will lvl 2 and build 5 npcs.

I have ran a 3 Ranger, a Barb and 2 Druid setup. Pallys are not needed. 3 Resilent Bears and the Barb can hold the line.

No matter which fork in the road you take I am certain adventure awaits.

Follow up questions when building a full adventure party should I hire level 1 or 2 adventures at beginning of the game?

I find it annoying if they lag behind too much. My strategy is to sell Gaun's Pledge to Heodan in the opening, then beeline for the convo with Caldara without taking Aloth or Eder onboard. This puts me just a hair above 3000 XP. Then I hire as many level 2 hirelings as I need (with the money from Gaun's Pledge I can afford up to four). They will be exactly one level behind, and because higher levels cost more, they will gradually catch up as you go.

I have a project. It's a tabletop RPG. It's free. It's a work in progress. Find it here: www.brikoleur.com

If you recruit at Level 2, your hirelings will only be about 1900 XP behind. The best bet is to sell the ring to Heodon, rush to Gilded Vale and do NO side quests, just go to the inn and recruit. That is the best way without cheating to get your hirelings near your level.

No matter which fork in the road you take I am certain adventure awaits.

So far entire team is about level 7 the only group that gave me any trouble was ogre druids in the ruins been running a rogue with borelain, ranger uses lead splitter, then have eder, Durante a ranged cipher and offtanking paladin, the dmg reduction aura is amazing for ranger pets

I assume once my ranger hits level 11 is when he gets really powerfull lead splitter instantly deleats most casters btw pretty awesome

I'm thinking finish defiance Bay and go straight to white march any tips on the comp to make it even more effective dps wise?

Playing on the new beta makes the game even easier btw